• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    My original post..... on this page......

Originally Posted by Jay
    ...as has already been posted...... if you're doing something that affects ONLY YOU, then have at it. HOWEVER, when you or anyone else assumes the potential to adversely affect me, mine or others, then you become a threat.....

Wanna ride along in an ambulance and dig bodies out of a vehicle where the driver was texting, or talking ? I can set it up for you.
    Note there is no mention of firearms..........

I don't think the State should legislate seat belts.
    I think those who don't wear them are morons. (I have the right to that opinion) ... and I base that opinion on the dozens of broken-hearted families that I've had to deal with, who are affected by those not smart enough to wear them, or those families whose loved ones are injured or killed by some fool who feels the need to distract him/her self from driving to play on the damn phone.

I think those folks who choose to drive and do ANYTHING that draws concentration from driving pose all other drivers a threat. And if you pull up beside me at a light yapping on yer yaya, I'll most likely tell you to shut it up and drive. You won't care what I think, and I'll just shake my head at your arrogance, and ignorance. Deal with it.:xmad:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My original post..... on this page......

i
    f you're doing something that affects ONLY YOU, then have at it. HOWEVER, when you or anyone else assumes the potential to adversely affect me, mine or others, then you become a threat.....

Note there is no mention of firearms..........

You are correct there is no mention of firearms. The part quoted is what I was referring to when comparing anti-gunners viewpoints to yours.

I don't think the State should legislate seat belts.
    I think those who don't wear them are morons. (I have the right to that opinion)

Yes you have your right to your opinion. And it happens I agree with you for the most part on the one above. But I also have a right to disagree with how you put it or your reasoning behind it.

I think those folks who choose to drive and do ANYTHING that draws concentration from driving pose all other drivers a threat. And if you pull up beside me at a light yapping on yer yaya, I'll most likely tell you to shut it up and drive. You won't care what I think, and I'll just shake my head at your arrogance, and ignorance. Deal with it.:xmad:

Just to let you know I personally wear my seat belt and so does everyone else in a car with me. And I also usually don't talk on the phone while driving. I either give it to my wife or son while I'm driving. Have I ever yes. But rarely and the conversation is something along these line... "Is it a emergency? No? I'll call you back when I'm stopped" And I don't field strip my firearms either. But those are my rules for myself and my vehicle. Should I have a right to impose my views on others? IMHO no I shouldn't. Should a officer be able to pull someone over for reckless driving/endangerment because their weaving all over the place, running stoplights etc. Again IMHO yes.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I don't undersand why motorcyclists can ride with no helmet, but I have to wear a seatbelt in my vehicle.

(are you required to wear a helmet in IN?, In Ct you did not have to)

the cell phone rule is not that bad, CT had it, and it was a minor inconvience, but how hard is it to put on a headset or use speaker phone? (Don't know why a headset is better than holding the phone, but that's just me)

Top Bottom