• Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    If you bring the beer and brauts I wiil bring the stuff to cook them.
    452d5117.jpg

Gotta do plenty of onions in there!!!!
    Beer and Onions make the braut!

I'll bring an 18 pack (i get em at Sam's, forget the exact number in there).
    But you might have to be brave & trust me with the boil. I'm a bit biased, but I make damn good brauts. (hate spelling it that way, but the pinkfather does & I don't wanna upset him. ;) ) darkkevin didn't even like brauts til he met me. :D

I suppose that we could do an onion heavy batch, tho.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll bring an 18 pack (i get em at Sam's, forget the exact number in there).
    But you might have to be brave & trust me with the boil. I'm a bit biased, but I make damn good brauts. (hate spelling it that way, but the pinkfather does & I don't wanna upset him. ;) ) darkkevin didn't even like brauts til he met me. :D

I suppose that we could do an onion heavy batch, tho.

So will we have to cook grill they brauts? Or are they coming ready to keep? And how else do you spell brauts? Or am I spelling it wrong? Prior to meeting this group of LOSERS I had never had a braut before and only knew they were a big hot dog (which I thought was spicy) that you crazy "european" people ate and drank beer with. :dunno:

Pardon my ignorance in the matter but even me learns something new every now and then.

-Jedi

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sounds real good, but hate to mention that the RO might not like the beer on his range... Sorry to be the one to point this out....

I'm game though to see if it goes over alright....

Mental note two safety officers for this shoot....

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    The prefered *cough correct cough* spelling is "brat". They aren't spicy, just full flavored and amazing.

And GB, the beer is used for cooking so I can't see it being a problem. But personally what I'd do is give them a beer and onion simmer the day before so you just have to brown and reheat them at the shoot. Not out of beer fear, but just to cut down on cooking equipment clutter and stuff to haul. Presimmered sausages and a big pan of sauteed onions are easy to do on the griddles we already use.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    So will we have to cook grill they brauts? Or are they coming ready to keep? And how else do you spell brauts? Or am I spelling it wrong? Prior to meeting this group of LOSERS I had never had a braut before and only knew they were a big hot dog (which I thought was spicy) that you crazy "european" people ate and drank beer with. :dunno:

Pardon my ignorance in the matter but even me learns something new every now and then.

-Jedi

Yes. I boil in beer, green pepper, onion & secret ingredients then they get finished on the grill. They're fully cooked from boiling, but the grill gives 'em that needed oomph.

I dunno how to spell it, I always just say "brauts" but spell it "brats". Doesn't matter, really. "Brauts" does lessen any confusion on cooking "brats" (as in spoiled, annoying children)

Sounds real good, but hate to mention that the RO might not like the beer on his range... Sorry to be the one to point this out....

I'm game though to see if it goes over alright....

Mental note two safety officers for this shoot....

This was why I hesitated to bring it up. But, I know from experience, brauts reheat well. I imagine I could boil & lightly grill the night before & they can get finished at the range.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The prefered *cough correct cough* spelling is "brat". They aren't spicy, just full flavored and amazing.

Oh I get it now. From what I found at Bratwurst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it appears
    braut = german version of the word
    brat = english version of the word

Prior to eating them at the meet I had lumped them in with "polish sausage". But hey what do I know. I think I'll stick with the term "braut" when referring to them since that is the CORRECT GERMAN term for something that is German. :D You Yankes just want to "americanize" everything. ;)

BTW t_star I've updated the list to reflect your 18 brauts.
    Once again looks like "bread" will be a high donation item. =)
    If we can get early confirmation from those that are going to bring some it would help ensure we don't bring too much.

Otherwise we feed it all to GB! :laugh:

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Sort of correct. I end up collecting all the donatios (for plywood) and holding on to the money and either buy the plywood and bring it or in the case of this month will write a check to darkkevin since he is bring us the plywood this month.

The running total of the "donation pot" is in the OP.
    -Jedi

Ok Mr. Jedi.... :)

You have a paypal account?....i snail mail you some green....you take my credit card info by phone....or send it by pony express?

You let me know and i get you some Cash :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok Mr. Jedi.... :)

You have a paypal account?....i snail mail you some green....you take my credit card info by phone....or send it by pony express?

You let me know and i get you some Cash :)

PM send regarding a "paypal donation". Typically we just take cash at the event but I can do PayPal as well. You will be the 1st to do that.

Laugh it up fuzzball! ;)

-Jedi

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I wasn't trying to be a party pooper on the beer, and I know it's for cooking but well you know how that type of thing could go and was just pointing out that they may frown on the actual beer cans being there at the range...

On that note I'll bring some special brownies just to make everything a little more mellow.... That was a joke... no really it was...

Jedi they let you have paypal ?.... cool... I'll just donate cash...

Hey Ghost you bringing that little 686 again ?

Anyone have a Ruger SP101 with the 4.2 inch barrel or even the 3 incher, I would like to shoot it if you bring it...

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Well i figured a Jedi is old and wise...and was being polite :D

Swing and a miss! :): :): :):

On that note I'll bring some special brownies just to make everything a little more mellow.... That was a joke... no really it was...

Awh darn! ;)

:):

So are brats covered, or should I still bring some? :dunno:

(wow, there's way too much purple in my post, but hey, at least it's not PINK! ;)

Last edited:

Jimmy0315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Kokomo
    Count me in, 500 mossberg and Hopefully pf9 as i still haven't got it back from keltec. will have ammo and cookies. Also anyone interedted in shooting clays? We have a thrower and a few clays we can bring.

A few? Lol I think by the time the shoot gets here we will have more than a few.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    So are brats covered, or should I still bring some? :dunno:

Tstar let me know if you need me to bring the pot and burner.

Goober, I'm only bringing 18 or so and those will have been cooked in beer. I'd say it's entirely up to you. I have no idea how many were brought/cooked/consumed at the last M&S.

lone, nah. I'll go ahead and boil them the night before to avoid any potential issues with the RO. Thanks though!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Goober, I'm only bringing 18 or so and those will have been cooked in beer. I'd say it's entirely up to you. I have no idea how many were brought/cooked/consumed at the last M&S.

The most we have ever had grilled at a M&S has been 18 as I think it was Goober that brought 4 packs of 6 brauts each once and I cooked 1 packed and then the following M&S the rest got cooked since I forgot about them in the prior one.

Last month S&WLur brought 2 packs and only 1 pack was grilled.

-Jedi

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom