• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    You need an Iron Sights winner? ... well, why didn't you say so before? Looks like I will have to seriously reconsider attending. :D

For consideration: Clif and I were trading shots in a shoot off for first place ... and he was using iron sights. He could have easily won.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    You need an Iron Sights winner? ... well, why didn't you say so before? Looks like I will have to seriously reconsider attending. :D

For consideration: Clif and I were trading shots in a shoot off for first place ... and he was using iron sights. He could have easily won.

I will say, my most recent competition, did a fairly good job of leveling the playing field. But as usual, people with scopes did better.

Also, there were way too many ties in that last competition. Who knows what I will have up my sleeve for this next 1! :D

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    DHH_0816Pw.jpg

I took my 10/22 Takedown that I'll be bringing, to the range yesterday morning for a quick tryout. I ran ten full 10rd mags, and one full BX-25 mag with no problems. :D Used mostly Federal 550 bulk pack, as well as some Mini-Mags. Trigger isn't too bad for stock, just over 5lbs. Of course the sights :puke:, so by the 28th, it will either have some Tech Sights, Williams sights, or a short 4X scope that I have that will still allow the stock to fit into the bag.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I will say, my most recent competition, did a fairly good job of leveling the playing field. But as usual, people with scopes did better.

Also, there were way too many ties in that last competition. Who knows what I will have up my sleeve for this next 1! :D

I've racked my brain over your dilemma and I can't think of a fair solution except separating scopes from irons. I know that would double your work (scoring) but I can't see another fair solution.

You were dancing around pretty close to a fair solution by having the scope guys shoot at a different bullseye for each shot (forcing a change in NPOA) while the irons guys could stay on the same target. I don't know if that was your intention or if it was simply about making the target smaller for the scopes.

You could have a contest where competitors shoot for group size. That would be one way to level the playing field except for ... equipment and ammunition. The same shooter with two different rifles and different ammo could shoot completely different size groups. The contest would become between those with top gear/ammo vs. the stock gear people. In other words, back to square one.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    DHH_0816Pw.jpg

I took my 10/22 Takedown that I'll be bringing, to the range yesterday morning for a quick tryout. I ran ten full 10rd mags, and one full BX-25 mag with no problems. :D Used mostly Federal 550 bulk pack, as well as some Mini-Mags. Trigger isn't too bad for stock, just over 5lbs. Of course the sights :puke:, so by the 28th, it will either have some Tech Sights, Williams sights, or a short 4X scope that I have that will still allow the stock to fit into the bag.

Man are those cool. Changing the sights....Do you just drift the sights out with a punch, or do you need a special tool?

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Call it an excuse, call it whatever, but my eyes are terrible. I need to go to the optometrist for a new script, so until I do, scoped will remain in my future. I will compete scoped, but for a little variety, I will also break out my Marlin 52 lever with the Redfield peep. Wife has her Browning .22 lever and she usually shoots circles around me.

I am excited about the Detonics, and looking forward to breaking in the new spring on my little custom. It is almost 40 years old, and I can't wait for it to go "boom!"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've racked my brain over your dilemma and I can't think of a fair solution except separating scopes from irons. I know that would double your work (scoring) but I can't see another fair solution.

You were dancing around pretty close to a fair solution by having the scope guys shoot at a different bullseye for each shot (forcing a change in NPOA) while the irons guys could stay on the same target. I don't know if that was your intention or if it was simply about making the target smaller for the scopes.

You could have a contest where competitors shoot for group size. That would be one way to level the playing field except for ... equipment and ammunition. The same shooter with two different rifles and different ammo could shoot completely different size groups. The contest would become between those with top gear/ammo vs. the stock gear people. In other words, back to square one.

How about a bonus 5 points if your shots can be covered by a silver dollar??
    Or, as someone mentioned, separate catagory for optics.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hopefully I'm bringing a girl as well as my S&W to this event... no promises though...these things are way too much like a sausage fest... I mean, literally, since we have all the brats........

right..

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    ok so as far as i can tell...we just state in our post how much we will contribute toward plywood and then give it to the purchaser at the event??

i will throw in $25.00 on the plywood.

And as the event closes in ill see what food items are needed. :yesway:

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I'm in.

Glock 20 w/factory and 6.6 lone wolf barrels - I will have my reloads available per verbal liability agreement. Otherwise any factory 10mm ammo as warm or wimpy as you want is fine.
    10/22 w/ green mountain 18" barrel and scope - will have ammo
    Mosin - will have ammo
    Mossberg 835 thumbhole w/ field barrel, smooth bore slug barrel, and rifled slug barrel with scope (all 3.5" chambers) - will have some 2.75" birdshot

I can also bring a pop up canopy and card table if needed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ok so as far as i can tell...we just state in our post how much we will contribute toward plywood and then give it to the purchaser at the event??

i will throw in $25.00 on the plywood.

And as the event closes in ill see what food items are needed. :yesway:

Sort of correct. I end up collecting all the donatios (for plywood) and holding on to the money and either buy the plywood and bring it or in the case of this month will write a check to darkkevin since he is bring us the plywood this month.

The running total of the "donation pot" is in the OP.

I can also bring a pop up canopy and card table if needed.

Yes please on the canopy! We never know when we might need them and they were used last time for shade. :yesway:

-Jedi

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom