• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Planning on being there, plus at least two, potentially plus 4..

Bringing list not fully developed yet, but as of right now I'm thinking the following - please BYOA for all..

Glock 23 w/TLR1 (.40)
    Springfield Armory 1911 MilSpec (.45)
    Smith & Wesson 438 (.38 Special)
    Hi-Point C9 (9mm)

AR15

Mossberg 590a1 20'' w/Speedfeed Stock

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Like I said, I plan on being there but ask that I not be listed since my schedule is subject to work demands. However, if it all works out ....

• I plan on being there bright and early ... possibly with Jediagh at the opening bell. (If my previous work day doesn't kill me and I don't feel like sleeping in instead.) Jediagh, I will PM you about your plans and see about caravanning with you.
    • I would love to split the drive with someone ... or ride with someone.
    • I have a canopy available (12'x12'). I also have a Sport-brella suitable for covering gear and food. I only ask that cooking and/or heating elements not be used under either of these (smoking/cigars ok).
    • I have at least two blue tarps with the gear (stakes and rope) to set up gear shelters in case of rain. They could also be tossed over any tables. This would free up the shooting line for people to stand under in case of rain.
    • I will bring some junk towels for drying of firearms as well as some Eezox for those that don't have any protectant with them ... hint, hint.
    • I will have my trauma kit with me.
    • I might have some eight and six foot folding tables but no means to transport them.
    Finally, I will be traveling in a 97 Chevy Cavalier so availablity of these items will be subject to space.

Ladies and gents, don't forget to mark your gear. Guns are one thing but you might want a piece of tape with your name on the bottom of your GLOCK or AR magazines ... or coffee can.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Like I said, I plan on being there but ask that I not be listed since my schedule is subject to work demands. However, if it all works out ....

• I plan on being there bright and early ... possibly with Jediagh at the opening bell. (If my previous work day doesn't kill me and I don't feel like sleeping in instead.) Jediagh, I will PM you about your plans and see about caravanning with you.
    • I would love to split the drive with someone ... or ride with someone.
    • I have a canopy available (12'x12'). I also have a Sport-brella suitable for covering gear and food. I only ask that cooking and/or heating elements not be used under either of these (smoking/cigars ok).
    • I have at least two blue tarps with the gear (stakes and rope) to set up gear shelters in case of rain. They could also be tossed over any tables. This would free up the shooting line for people to stand under in case of rain.
    • I will bring some junk towels for drying of firearms as well as some Eezox for those that don't have any protectant with them ... hint, hint.
    • I will have my trauma kit with me.
    • I might have some eight and six foot folding tables but no means to transport them.
    Finally, I will be traveling in a 97 Chevy Cavalier so availablity of these items will be subject to space.

Ladies and gents, don't forget to mark your gear. Guns are one thing but you might want a piece of tape with your name on the bottom of your GLOCK or AR magazines ... or coffee can.

GGGGGRRR I was actually just planning on taking my car and loading it up college style like I did last think (back seat, truck, front seat) but if you can provide a canopy and some tables, towels I might have to see if I can take the van and OMG... OMG... OMG... actually take a SJ resident with me. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Hyper-ventelating here. Just the thought is enough to make me lose my mind. ROFL.

PM me later but I won't have an answer until maybe tomorrow as the van is going in for some maintence/check-up and I'm not sure if I will have it by SAT.

-Jedi

ps.
    Could brown thugs with a van full of guns leaving LAKE COUNTY.. hum... The po-po would be oh so interested. :rofl:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    GGGGGRRR I was actually just planning on taking my car and loading it up college style like I did last think (back seat, truck, front seat) but if you can provide a canopy and some tables, towels I might have to see if I can take the van and OMG... OMG... OMG... actually take a SJ resident with me. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Hyper-ventelating here. Just the thought is enough to make me lose my mind. ROFL.

PM me later but I won't have an answer until maybe tomorrow as the van is going in for some maintence/check-up and I'm not sure if I will have it by SAT.

-Jedi

ps.
    Could brown thugs with a van full of guns leaving LAKE COUNTY.. hum... The po-po would be oh so interested. :rofl:

Don't sweat it, Pink Father. I can drive my own vehicle and we could always distribute the load to make it fit ... like Jenga ... on a bigger scale. I'm more interested in having someone in sight and within comm in case of a breakdown.

mrobnoxious1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Plymouth
    magnification of scope X target size= competitive.

For example, if my scope is a 3x, then the person with iron sights would have a target 3x's larger than mine. Or same target at 3x's the distance.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    @darthfader - OK guess I won't take your radios with me.

@NapalmFTW and KLB - OK ammo I will take with me.

@KLB - About how many burgers does 4lbs of meat make? Will they already be burger ready or we will have to prep them?

@All
    I think we are good 2 go on the meat. We have more than enough hot dogs, brauts, and burgers coming now. We are still a bit short on the buns. 32 dog buns & 34 burger buns (not including KLB's meat).

BTW 60% chance of scattered rain so we will get wet again.
    Good cause someo of you need a shower.
    Does anyone have a pop-up canopy so we can shelther the food?
    WD? Kitty? Ghost?
    This is one of those items I really need to get this year especially if we are growing this big.

-Jedi
    I would say 3-4 a lb is a good bet. That is 1/4 or 1/3 pd burgers.

I will take it out of the freezer to thaw. Then if someone wants a BIG burger they can go to town.

Anyone bringing salt and pepper?

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Jedi, I was thinking, since we'll be leaving early and the tables will still be needed, I will need someone to haul them back up here after the event is over. Would you, or someone else be willing to do that?

KLB, I'll bring salt & pepper. Then it can stay in the supply.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, I was thinking, since we'll be leaving early and the tables will still be needed, I will need someone to haul them back up here after the event is over. Would you, or someone else be willing to do that?

KLB, I'll bring salt & pepper. Then it can stay in the supply.

If I end up taking the van (will know by tomorrow) then yup I'll have to take them back to you else do't bring them. Heck we could use tarps on the grass if we go "country redneck style". =) I do have some extra folding tables I can take and if I bring the "SJ snob" *cough WD *cough* I'll have an etra pair of hands to help unload the van. So we might not need your tables. But again won't know until tomorrow me thinks.

-Jedi

Got any PINK tables? :laugh:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok I'll bring my canopy. It's 10x14 so it will cover a little bit. As for guns :dunno: I have been asked to bring my 686 but other than that I have no clue what I'm bringing. Put me down for myself, LadyGhost and possibly +1. (my daughter)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @GhostOfWinter

SNAP! Looks like we need to now bring 100 moldy, stale dogs for all of last years events you missed. :rofl:

@t-star
    I have gotten confirmation that I will have access to the mini-van for SAT. As such t-star no need to bring the tables. I have 4 folding tables that I can bring along with the 2 long tables for the food.

@WD
    If you want a ride and can make it over to my place I can take you and your equipment provided you bring that canopy. :D

@All
    I can take up to 2 more people and their stuff as well provided you get to my place.

I want to get there by 8AM CST so that means I typically have to leave by 6:15AM CST at the latest. Yes I drive a bit slow (55 mph) since it's a "enjoy the road trip morning" for me. Now it looks like I have to share it with "you losers" as well as my 2 hours of relaxations before the NWI thugs get there. :D

So first 2 to post can get a ride from the PINKfather you will be in for a preview of what the others will see later that day.

@All (food wise)
    Does anyone else have a grill (propane wise)? We are close to hitting 60 members so I think we are going to need a 3rd grill. I know where I can get one if in a pinch but I'm already going to be heavy on the equipment side.

-Jedi

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    @WD
    If you want a ride and can make it over to my place I can take you and your equipment provided you bring that canopy. :D

-Jedi

I will take that ride offer and I will have all the stuff (minus the tables).

I will PM you with a detailed list of what I plan on packing so we can work out the space issues as well as splitting costs. We can also work out contingency plans for getting the canopies to you in case my work interferes (increasingly unlikely at this point).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I will take that ride offer and I will have all the stuff (minus the tables).

I will PM you with a detailed list of what I plan on packing so we can work out the space issues as well as splitting costs. We can also work out contingency plans for getting the canopies to you in case my work interferes (increasingly unlikely at this point).

rgr i have more gear than guns that i am taking and worse case we just mexican style holster our guns. andy219 knows all about da! :D

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Jedi- I was planning to get there at 8 am also, I have a lot of gear to unpack. So I can give you guys a hand setting up, also I have a folding card table I can bring

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom