• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Black Label, Your always welcome to run anything I bring out... Now the FAL I got is a South African and looks like it's been through a war or two but runs like a dream... She just doesn't get shot a whole lot anymore because of the ammo prices.... Let it rain... Lead and brass...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    As much as I hate to admit it, I am one of Da Losers 4 Sur 4 Not Coming. July is looking good so far...

Black Label, Your always welcome to run anything I bring out... Now the FAL I got is a South African and looks like it's been through a war or two but runs like a dream... She just doesn't get shot a whole lot anymore because of the ammo prices.... Let it rain... Lead and brass...

Cabela's has Herter's .308 for 7.99 again. (Does not say Online only, so they will match the price in store if not already.)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, not sure if you had seen this since the Mrs. and I are still on the attending list....really sucks, i was looking forward to some shooting and good peeps.

Thanks for the update. I'll add you to "da loser" list. However it's just you having neck work done NOT the Mrs. She can do like Mrs Lonehoosier and come herself you know. :whistle: Who knows she might find a new love of her life in the many weapons that come. :D;)

As much as I hate to admit it, I am one of Da Losers 4 Sur 4 Not Coming. July is looking good so far...
    Man that list is growing. :(

Cabela's has Herter's .308 for 7.99 again. (Does not say Online only, so they will match the price in store if not already.)

Hammond Cabela's has it in stock for $7.99 BTW. I picked up a box for GB's FAL. Also they have brass .308 for $16.99 box of 20 as well. It's a blue box PRIMO PRIMA ???sp??? can't recall the brand name. They also have fed and rem .308 for $19.99.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Thanks for the update. I'll add you to "da loser" list. However it's just you having neck work done NOT the Mrs. She can do like Mrs Lonehoosier and come herself you know. :whistle: Who knows she might find a new love of her life in the many weapons that come. :D;)

LOL....i will ask her if she wants to go, im sure she would be happy to leave me here with the children. :D

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Got an idea for some cheap, multiple targets. We found some old bar code labels at work that we don't use anymore. I came home with a roll of one thousand 4x6" labels. I also have access to cardboard. I just put these together;

DII_4722w.jpg

The labels are full size on the right, half size on the left. I could make several to bring up. I'm thinking most like the one on the right.

Thoughts?????

:D

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Maybe some circles on the yellow paper

The labels were white when we got them 10 years ago. They've gaded quite a bit. Let me mess with some circles and I'll post another pic.

Wonder if we could make like a triangle (back to back large cardboard) like this
    /\

that can stand by itself and then we can move the target closer to the bench to shoot with pistols?

Would that be allowed?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Would that be allowed?

We did this once
    e24-5.jpg

and the RO did not say anything.

Also a family that used the RO's shed to cook some chili used something like this:

wooden "T" and at the end of the T's paper plates were added with circles so the kids could shoot the target. The bottom portion of the T was staked into the ground.

Yes by the DNR rules it's a NO but the RO has discretion.

Note we will NOT do the PVC stand again as the boys went wild with the SGs on it and we ended up with PVC all over the place and picking it up afterwards was a mess. So since "you boys" can't play nice with PVC I'm not willing to build more, bring them, clean up and/or have to explain to RO the mess.

I figure the cardboard can't be that messy provided you don't blast it with SG.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    NICE!
    Future rifle competition target perhaps?

Actually, I was thinking that small targets for rifles, and the large ones big enough for handguns. (not that a 4x6 target is big enough at 25yds for HGs(especially for my old eyes), its just an aiming point.)

:dunno:

This undertaking has reminded me that I have another large roll of smaller 1.75 X 2.5" white labels. :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Nice job Nipprdog...

Jedi, Soooo I shouldn't bring the Saiga 12 then ?

Where's that dang purple when you need it...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I was only listening and paying attention to the PinkFather's complaints about shotguns and targets mid range, so just obligueing.... I think GOW and Clif45 will make waves about such a horrible event as not inviting the little Russian to the party though.... I brought her the last two times and didn't put a round through her at all, but she got shot very much both times and went home with a smile on her reciever....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    GB, bring the saiga, the folks love her. Besides we are not doing PVC stands this year. The moving the entire line forward looks like it is working (for this year).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm in plus 1, lowendgenerator interested in your C9 you bringing it? Jedi what do we still need as far as food? bringing a 500 mossburg and a .22 will have shells.

.22 what? Pistol/Rifle? :dunno:

@All - Rifle Comp
    Goober's PC is down but he did advise that he is coming and will be doing the rifle competition.

@All - Food
    Based on the amount of people coming I think 32 dogs and 32 burgers will be more than enough. Actually might be too much food.

Here is what we are short on.

- 16 burger buns
    - forks (especially since we have apple pie coming)
    - deserts (cookies, cupcakes, etc)

We have cheese and BBQ sauce for the burgers as well.

@Repeater can you bring the pop that was left over from last time please. 10 day forecast shows a High of 81 but mostly it will be in the 70s with a 10% chance of rain. So I don't think it will be too hot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom