• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My money's on the Rhino. No doubt.

Also... Kirk, age irrelevant, would win. For that matter, so would just about anyone else.

Picard would just surrender.

Even in the 24th century, the French would rather surrender than fight. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So how long before we see the ripoff Chick-fil-A commercials, EAT MOR LAWBSTAR??

eatmorechicken.jpg
    Never. Rhino can spell. Now, if you reverse that, having the lobster holding the sign "Eet mor rynoe" I might think you had something, or if you had Barry Hussein holding a sign reading "Eet mohr RINO"... wait, never mind... there's one correctly spelled word there. Disregard my last.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My question is when are we going to have the rhino and lobster bbq?

Good question. Rhino, when and where are you having the lobster BBQ?

Oh wait... Jeremy, did you mean YOU were having the lobster BBQ *for* Rhino? I think that'd be appropriate as a victory celebration. :D

:yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

ETA: Whoops! Almost forgot the obligatory reference:

Lobster + Bacon Mac & Cheese - From Vancouver!
    Posted on March 24, 2008 by greeneyoga
    An excellent article from Canada’s Globe and Mail. I like they way they roll in Vancouver. Seriously. Rob Feenie (a food concept architect for Cactus Restaurants) delivers this excellent recipe. It starts with a Bechamel and adds a combo of sharp cheddar, blue cheese, and emmental.
    Emmental is a yellow, medium-hard cheese, with characteristic large holes. It has a piquant, but not really sharp taste.
    The bacon and shallot mixture is a nice touch… and then, of course, there’s LOBSTER. Thanks Rob for the great recipe!
    Ingredients
    Béchamel Sauce
    4 cups milk
    2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
    Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
    Macaroni and Cheese
    1 pound live lobster
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    8 ounces Irish or double-smoked bacon, finely diced
    4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
    1/4 cup grated Emmental
    1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
    1/4 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano
    12 ounces dried succhietto pasta, cooked al dente
    What you do
    Béchamel Sauce
    Combine milk and garlic in a saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Cover and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and discard solids. Make a roux by melting butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for about one minute, or until light brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
    Add strained hot milk, whisking constantly. Return the saucepan to medium heat and bring the mixture back to a boil, whisking constantly until sauce thickens. Add nutmeg, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for three more minutes. Remove from heat.
    Macaroni and Cheese
    Boil large pot of salted water, add lobster. Cook for three minutes at rolling boil. Remove lobster from water, cool. Remove meat, dice the tail and claw meat.
    Preheat oven to 375 F. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Sauté bacon and shallots for about five minutes, or until bacon is just cooked and shallots are translucent.
    Reheat béchamel sauce on medium-low heat and whisk in Emmental, blue cheese, cheddar and half of the pecorino Romano. Add half of the bacon-shallot mixture and fold in lobster meat.
    Divide cooked pasta into four individual three-cup casserole dishes and pour sauce over (enough to cover pasta by half an inch).
    Sprinkle the tops with the remaining pecorino Romano and the remaining bacon-shallot mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
    Place under broiler for three to five minutes, or until top is light golden brown. Place each casserole dish on a napkin-lined plate.

Lobster + Bacon Mac & Cheese - From Vancouver! The Cheese Mac

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Man, that's just cold-blooded. I'm too young to die from contact with that scumbag.

No worries, Rhino... When the scumbag moves to make contact, you know it's a threatening gesture and aim for center mass to stop the threat.

And if you miss a mass that big at THAT close range, hang up your guns (or give them to me! :D)

Conversely, hitting something that massive at that close range could very well spray you with the toxic venom flowing through it's veins, too, and might be more dangerous, but you would be forever hailed as the Rhino that saved the world from being eaten by Rho-zee (I dare not speak it's name for fear of summoning it... much like the horrid purple dinosaur, B'harnee.)

In the latter case, I would be honored to take in your guns and give them a good home, ensuring they remained well fed and cared for, a testament to your bravery. (damn, that's good... I've almost convinced myself! :lmfao:)

Blessings,
    Bill

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Let's get this thing back on track, Miguel style!

I've always wanted to see a couple of chimps armed with machetes in a small, leaky raft, set afloat in a large pool full of sharks.

Hell, maybe I'd throw in a couple of spear guns, just to make it more entertaining.

Top Bottom