• Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Assuming you meant car insurance.

Probably very similar to ACA. The difference is, the public owns the roads so the public (the state) gets a say in how they're used. That's why driving is a privilege and not a right. Rights get turned into privileges when the public owns a piece of it.

With public funded health care, in a sense the public owns your health. When you provide for your own health care, what you do concerning your health is non of my business. But if I pay for your health care, your health becomes my business because I have a stake in it.

It is not your healthcare that these clowns believe the public owns, but you.

Your health is of inherent interest to the communal good, as your bad health could be costly.

Eventually, when we reach the level that NHS has, we'll get to be effectively euthanized under the Liverpool protocol in order to save money...no death panels...they would be far too expensive...just a panel of one passing judgment and issuing sentence on your quality of life.

It's not a conspiracy theory...I doubt any (at least many) are wanting or hoping to see this...it is just the natural progression of these things.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I am not familiar with the current tax codes and am in no position to accurately state how much I think people should be taxed. [/COLOR]
    Then STFU.

Sometimes I like to pretend I live in a world where I can have a civilized discussion without people resorting to insults and name calling.
    Name calling is what we're limited to due to our inability to dispense a much-needed ***** slap...or spanking. Does your father know you're up this late?

They didn't uphold the individual mandate. They upheld the right of the gov't to tax you for not doing something. As result of this decision, you're not required to buy health insurance.
    How is that not a mandate?

No way in hell am I living in a country that tells me which church to go to or what god to believe in.
    But you have no problem living in a country that tells other people how to spend their money. Hypocrite.

Look, when the government starts passing laws that violate the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 14th Amendments, you'll be the first person I call. :rolleyes:
    History isn't your strong suit, is it?

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    You know, other countries have nationalized healthcare systems, and as far as I'm aware, they haven't gotten up in arms about it the way people are currently doing about Obamacare.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    "so they can support the government and country that allows them to become millionaires and billionaires"

That isn't exactly how I wanted that statement to sound. No, I am not, nor have I ever been or ever will be a supporter of Karl Marx. At the very least I find his work to be interesting, but nothing I'd ever support. It would probably be more accurate to describe me as a young idealist.

I simply meant to say that I belive people of the upper class (millionaires, billionaires, the "1%" even though I hate that term and don't want to get caught up in any of it) should pay a higher, but REASONABLE tax than your average joe/jane.

To Roadie and the one or two other individuals who brought this up, I am not familiar with the current tax codes and am in no position to accurately state how much I think people should be taxed.

You are rather naive. If you aren't a supporter of Marx, then stop echoing his idology, especially the progressive tax, which he designated one of the 10 pillars of communism.

Every point you argue is long on emotion and rather shallow on logic or fact. Taxation is theft pure and simple. Progressive taxation is based upon class warfare, envy, greed and laziness of those that won't get out and earn.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok that makes sense, and thank you for pointing out one of my many spelling errors. As some of you might have noticed, grammar is not my strong suite.

Actually I didn't point out a spelling error unless you spell "car" as "health".:D

And you're welcome.

BTW, don't worry too much about that youthful idealism. It's curable.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Which is why I don't understand why the frickin' Supreme Court upheld the individual mandate, which requires you to pay an extra tax for not buying health insurance.

The difference between the state requiring car insurance and the federal government requiring you buy health insurance is that Congress cannot pass laws that are not under one of its enumerated powers in the Constitution. The states have police power which the federal government does not; however, after today's decision, the Court may have created one implicitly.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Then STFU.

Name calling is what we're limited to due to our inability to dispense a much-needed ***** slap...or spanking. Does your father know you're up this late?

How is that not a mandate?

But you have no problem living in a country that tells other people how to spend their money. Hypocrite.

History isn't your strong suit, is it?

1. Whether or not I stay up late is none of my Father's damn business!
    2. I never said I didn't have a problem living in a country that tells other people how to spend their money, and have already said I don't agree with the government requiring people to buy health care.
    3. Give me an example of which laws violated the amendments I mentioned?
    4. History is one of my favorite subjects

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is not your healthcare that these clowns believe the public owns, but you.

Your health is of inherent interest to the communal good, as your bad health could be costly.

Eventually, when we reach the level that NHS has, we'll get to be effectively euthanized under the Liverpool protocol in order to save money...no death panels...they would be far too expensive...just a panel of one passing judgment and issuing sentence on your quality of life.

It's not a conspiracy theory...I doubt any (at least many) are wanting or hoping to see this...it is just the natural progression of these things.

Agreed, but I did say owning one's health, not healthcare.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Actually I didn't point out a spelling error unless you spell "car" as "health".:D

And you're welcome.

BTW, don't worry too much about that youthful idealism. It's curable.

Ha! One of the dad's in my Boy Scout troop told me something to the effect (I'm paraphrasing alot here) that once I hit 50 or so I'll stop being so much of a liberal. I'm hoping he's still alive when I hit 50 so we can see if he's right or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know, other countries have nationalized healthcare systems, and as far as I'm aware, they haven't gotten up in arms about it the way people are currently doing about Obamacare.

Who else that has a constitution like ours has public health care?

We're kinda individualist that way, but not as much lately.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    1. Whether or not I stay up late is none of my Father's damn business!
    2. I never said I didn't have a problem living in a country that tells other people how to spend their money, and have already said I don't agree with the government requiring people to buy health care.
    3. Give me an example of which laws violated the amendments I mentioned?
    4. History is one of my favorite subjects

Unless you believe in the living constitution, any existing law regulating firearms by the federal government is unconstitutional. The 2nd Amendment was created to prevent the federal government from placing any regulations upon individuals bearing arms. Any regulations by the federal government are contrary to the intent of the Second Amendment.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    You are rather naive. If you aren't a supporter of Marx, then stop echoing his idology, especially the progressive tax, which he designated one of the 10 pillars of communism.

Every point you argue is long on emotion and rather shallow on logic or fact.

..........I'll give you that. I wouldn't say that I'm completely naive but I'll agree with you that the points I've argued do lack logic or fact to back them up.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Who else that has a constitution like ours has public health care?

We're kinda individualist that way, but not as much lately.

I'd be interested to see if there are any polls or data out there that ask wether or not the people who live in countries that already have a nationalized healthcare system are happy with it and the higher taxes that I'm sure they pay for it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ha! One of the dad's in my Boy Scout troop told me something to the effect (I'm paraphrasing alot here) that once I hit 50 or so I'll stop being so much of a liberal. I'm hoping he's still alive when I hit 50 so we can see if he's right or not.

Back when I was 20 someone told me, "If you're not liberal by the age of 20 you have no heart. If you're not conservative by the age of 40 you have no brain.

If you're the type who generally likes to earn his own way, life has a way of beating the liberal out of you. Liberalism makes an interesting philosophy but it's not very practicable, for long. Just ask the EU.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

And the wealthy people in those countries come where for their major medical procedures? In a lot of cases, they come to the US.

How much money is spent in those countries on R&D for new drugs? All the good stuff comes from the US. (Its a sound logical statement however, I believe more in homeopathic medicine)

Think about China. They're unbelievably efficient at copying others ideas. They can reverse engineer a piece of hardware and find a way to make it cheaper and with lower quality while mass producing it for the consumers. But, what have they developed in their own right?

There is no innovation in those countries because they're not free. Innovation comes from free thinking people. This is incrementalism at its finest. In 2008, Obama told the unions that he needed 10 years to get the US to a single payer system.

Those countries are also in financial melt down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd be interested to see if there are any polls or data out there that ask wether or not the people who live in countries that already have a nationalized healthcare system are happy with it and the higher taxes that I'm sure they pay for it.

Of course they are happy. The government owes them happiness, after all, and even gets to tell them what is happiness.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Back when I was 20 someone told me, "If you're not liberal by the age of 20 you have no heart. If you're not conservative by the age of 40 you have no brain.

If you're the type who generally likes to earn his own way, life has a way of beating the liberal out of you. Liberalism makes an interesting philosophy but it's not very practicable, for long. Just ask the EU.

You know, that's exactly what my friend told me! I believe he said that Winston Churchill was the originator of that qoute but I'm not certain.

You know, when I took my first political science class at IUPUI, the professor said something to the effect of if any one political ideology (i.e. liberalism, conservatism, communism etc.) were allowed to have unchecked control over a given country it would be a disaster, and it's something that's stuck with me over the years and I agree ith him.

And I'm hoping that the EU cuts off Italy, Spain, and Greece from continental Europe.

Top Bottom