• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Here is what you get on an Elite II vs a 92fs.

You get the Brig slide with removable Front and rear sights, Skeletonized Hammer, D spring, and front strap and back strap serrations. I think that is it.

Also on the EII... The rear sight is Novak, not standard FS. The slide is a "G" model (decocker only, no safety... springs back to 'fire' on it's own), extended mag release, bevelled mag well. rubber mag basepads.

Original Elite did not have D spring or extended mag release. Not a novak rear sight. did not come w/ rubber mag basepads.

Elite 1A came after the EII, no D spring or extended release. Vertec Frame. also no novak rear sight.

that's all off the top of me head....

-rvb

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Also on the EII... The rear sight is Novak, not standard FS. The slide is a "G" model (decocker only, no safety... springs back to 'fire' on it's own), extended mag release, bevelled mag well. rubber mag basepads.

Original Elite did not have D spring or extended mag release. Not a novak rear sight. did not come w/ rubber mag basepads.

Elite 1A came after the EII, no D spring or extended release. Vertec Frame. also no novak rear sight.

that's all off the top of me head....

-rvb

I knew I was forgetting something, thanks rvb

chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know you didn't ask about the px4 storm but in my opinion its a great pistol. I have had mine for a couple months and I am infatuated with it. Feels great in the hand, minimal recoil, accurate and if you can find a nice used one, its not to much damage on the pocketbook! They also offer a 'C' model that is constant action with the same trigger pull everytime. Good luck in your search!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I love my 92FS. It's a biger gun, but very reliable and accurate. We used them in the service, and they never let us down. The only thing I dislike is the grips, so I replaced them with a nice set of Hugue rubber grips.

005.jpg

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    3768983915_8da7bc1804_b.jpg

I pretty much love my PX4. Mine's in full framed in .40 but they have a full frame and Subcompact in 9mm, .40, and .45

Plus its one of the sexiest guns out there IMHO

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've shot the Beretta 92's since i've been in the military. I love them. If SHTF there will be tons of parts for them since the military has them. Bought one recently from Indyvet-who has a new shop in Indy. Got a great deal and just under $400 with only a 100 roundcount. It was a consignment gun. Now i got to buy the CX4 Storm to go with it.

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    A couple to tease you. The Elite II is from Ernest Langdon, it is the smoothest pistol I have ever shot.

047.jpg

046.jpg
    Two sweet Beretta's! This are very fun and I like the ability to make your own gun due to the ease of switching controls. I personally own three and a half: 1 - 92 FS tricked out; 2 - M9 Spec-Ops Limited Military Edition; 3 - 21A bobcat .22LR

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    A couple to tease you. The Elite II is from Ernest Langdon, it is the smoothest pistol I have ever shot.

047.jpg

046.jpg
    Two sweet Beretta's! This are very fun and I like the ability to make your own gun due to the ease of switching controls. I personally own three and a half: 1 - 92 FS tricked out; 2 - M9 Spec-Ops Limited Military Edition; 3 - 21A bobcat .22LR; 1/2 - M9 complete upper ready for install on new lower.

phishb0y

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I cant beleive no one has mentioned the cougar line with the rotating barrel Love my 8000 with some Langdon upgrades

With any Beretta purchase the first two thing to do are hogue grips and D spring

Nothing prettier than an Itialian Ghost

phishb0y

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    CDNN had some 96D centurians slightly shorter for about 300 include night sightes probably a little dim, but for about $75 you can get them relamped.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Couldn't get on the site early enough to answer due to the fact I still work for a living. :D

Anyway thanks to Shooter521 for answering the questions. About the only thing I really have to add, is after talking to people at the Beretta USA plant, it seems that you can find versions of versions of versions. After a production run, if they have parts left over, they will use them for a "special production" run.

I have seen Italian slides on Italian frames that were assembled in the US with US serial numbers. This all illustrates the greatness of the 92 design, that you can mix and match parts to build the pistol knowing that it will function flawlessly for a long time.

Per the factory, there is no difference between the Italian made and US made ones, but some people can see a slight finish difference. Personally I think that is due to EPA restrictions of the chemicals used to finish the pistol rather than a quality thing. Italy doesn't have an EPA to deal with.

The 90 dash two is their full size entry into the plastic world, but with the 92FS such a bullet proof pistol in itself, the 90 dash two hasn't been the hit they were hoping. Good pistol yes, but hard to out do something as good as the 92 series.

Accuracy of the Berettas are as good as you can aim. They are amazing natural pointers for such a large handgun.

Many people don't like the initial double action trigger pull of the 92FS, but love the follow up single actions. Personally I have no problem with the longer trigger pulls of the first shot carrying it hammer down. I also have a 9000S which has such a long trigger pull that I personally have to hold it slightly different then I am used to. It is really a strange pistol when you pull the trigger as far back as your finger will allow, and still have more pull to pull.

Prices of all 92s are going up lately, so if you can find a nice one in the $300 range, you are really lucky.

About the only issues with Beretta is factory assistance. They can be a little slow, but at least parts are available. I think the reason is that they are so busy making the M9 (military version identical to the 92FS) that they don't have time for us civilians.

Good luck, the 92FS and the zillion versions of it are great pistolas.

Are INOX versions of the Italian 92FS still available?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    yeah, with the current order for military pistols taking up most of what Beretta USA is making, they are having to import 92s in both Bruniton (black) and Inox (stainless). Poor us having to by Italian Berettas!!!!! (Picture me jumping up and down happy about having to buy Berettas from their homeland) :D :D :D

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I was issued the M9 back in the mid- late '80s.... so I had to have one. I ended up purchasing a 92G from the rep while I was working at Bradis in the early '90s. Most of the problems you read about the service M9s were either operator issues (lube) or mag problems (rough finish on the interior of the CM mags). I onlu use Berreta or MecGar mags.

The '91 Trijicons are still bright too. It has been an awesome pistol over the years, very accurate, ultra reliable and always a favorite of everyone that fires it.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't think discontinuing the various 92/96 variants has hurt them all that much; I've heard from a couple insiders on other boards that they didn't sell that many Elites, Vertecs and such, anyway.

From my experiences in the uspsa/idpa crowd it certainly has. The 92 variants were starting to become quite popular when the beretta team, especially Langdon, was active and doing well. I know 92s and especially EIIs were starting to show up in significant #s at matches, but then the factory team was disolved, they stopped supporting Langdon's smithing efforts, and once again I'm the only guy on the range shooting a 92 of any kind. Number of guns on store shelves seemed to correllate. The E1A came out after the fact and you can tell from some of the parts choices EL had no input into the design like the EII, and it hardly sold at all. So if they didn't sell many, it's their own fault, They could have. Now they won't even take the marketting opportunity to support major matches held in MD... if you don't market your product and know one knows it exists, you can't expect it to sell...

Quite frankly, when I need a new production/ssp gun, I see that I have two options. I can either scrounge for a used EII and put off changing platforms a little longer, or I can "bite the bullet" and switch platforms now... I've pretty much decided I won't be buying any more Berettas.

What they really need to do is fire the guy who designed the "ergonomics" for the 9000S, PX4/CX4 and the Neos... :n00b:

agreed.

-rvb

Top Bottom