• ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So what is the Holy Grail of Beretta's?

I know for Sig's it's the 210 and the p226 sport w/comp.
    In the 92 line there are more than one Holy Grail depending on how much you can afford.

The 92FS Brigadier Inox (Italian for stainless) is a rare find, the 470th anniversary, the Steel 1, and the Billenium are among the very rare ones and highly sought after.

At last count, Beretta has offered 80 variations of the 92 through the years. And that is not counting ones made both in the US and Italy! There are many special edition 92s that depending on your likes could be worth more to you, like the branch of the military versions for the Army, Navy, Marines, Airforce, and Coast Guard. There are also versions for specific police forces, custom marked for them.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Lets go to range and I will school ya with my 92FS Brigadier made in Itally. One of the best shooting guns out of the box I have ever had. I use it in Bullseye shooting and I am very competitive with it. Beretta makes a factory adjustable replacement rear sight that I just put on mine.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I qualified on the standard M-9 and have to say its a might fine weapon. The trigger needs work, and I had a hard time with the sights since ive been shooting fixed sight revolvers exclusively for the last 2 years. A good solid weapon though for sure.

Ill be looking for one shortly once I get my car mods completed. :yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    the 470th anniversary

:wow:

the Billenium

Put that with "90-Two" in the stupidest name category. ;)

There are also only about a 1000 Billie's in the U.S.

This website says 2000, but that's number produced, not necessarily the number imported.
    Billennium - Beretta-E

Taken from the Billennium 92/98 Manual - "The new Beretta 92 Biliennium is the synthesis of the long standing experience with the 92 model, manufactured in well over 2 million units, and offers unique and innovative features for the new Millennium. Created with true connoisseurs and the more active and expert marksmen in mind, the Beretta 92/98 Biliennium was manufactured in only 2000 units, and is destined to become a collector's item. This new and exclusive 92 model sports numerous special features, like its steel frame, the recoil absorbing slide, already tested in the Brigadier, Stock and Combat models, and ambidextrous, frame mounted safety, and a singe action trigger. Other features are the unique design of its skeletonized hammer, the new anti-slip design of the slide grip surface, the innovative grips in carbon fiber and the special satin/polished grey finish, which is nickel-alloy based to ensure an extraordinary resistance to punishing and harsh weather conditions, and gives the gun its unmatched look."

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Hmm. I am having a hard time finding an Elite for sale on gunbroker now.

There are a couple beretta people on here, all around which is the best? Which one has the combination of fit/function/price? Is the Elite worth the extra $400 or so? Is it far and away a different gun than the 92fs?

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Only about 1000 Billie's were imported into the US, but they made 2000. You will see SN# higher than 2000 because if for any reason QC or whatever the pistol was scrapped.

But for sure the most desired 92 for collectors is the 92 Combat, I've heard estimates of only 50 to 100 of them being in the US.

I love my Elite II, and it is worth the money I spent to me. I think for your first Beretta you should just pick a used 92 and put a little money into it, and you will have a great shooter, If you will want to change out the sights look for a used Brig, or Vertec.

It is all up to you and what you are willing to put into it. Good luck.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    To a collector, the Elite series is worth a bit more. The first Elite is the easiest to come by, followed by the Elite II and then the Elite 1A.

As to the Combat, yep, that is on the grail list, as is the 92 Stock, and the competition target set version with the long barrel.

As for the rarest, they only made 470 of the 470th of which only half came to the US. I have never seen numbers on the Combat, Stock or the Target set. Actually the Target set shipped with the threaded 185mm barrel, barrel weight, special grips and adjustable sights, but came with the basic 92FS so technically it wasn't a model.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Just got done reading about the 92 Combat. Now I have to have one. Thanks guys I will be sleeping on the couch. That is if I can even find one.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Here is what you get on an Elite II vs a 92fs.

You get the Brig slide with removable Front and rear sights, Skeletonized Hammer, D spring, and front strap and back strap serrations. I think that is it.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    92-combat.gif

A picture of the 92 combat.

Looks cool but the name....... Target or race maybe but combat...... :dunno:

Beretta Web - Current Guns

This site has some really cool models. Im liking the Beretta 92 M9-Dolphin.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    The Phrobis Dolphin slide was an aftermarket slide that you could buy, I think it was early 80's. They were made for the Seal's or some other Elite fighting force, this was to help solve some of the problems back then with slides. If you can find one buy it, but be prepared to spend thousands and thousands for it, and watch out for imitations. There is a good thread on the beretta forum about the Dolphin slide. I think thereare only a few known to exist.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom