• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    yeah, with the current order for military pistols taking up most of what Beretta USA is making, they are having to import 92s in both Bruniton (black) and Inox (stainless). Poor us having to by Italian Berettas!!!!! (Picture me jumping up and down happy about having to buy Berettas from their homeland) :D :D :D

I've got a business trip to Europe next month. Might look into if it is possible or even doable to buy a firearm there and some how get back to Indy.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Well good luck on your search, importing a firearm can be done but I have heard that it is very very hard, so good luck to you. I think you could probably find one with a little searching around here, by here I mean auction sites or other forum classifieds. again good luck.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My mother-in-law's "house gun" is a former Ohio State Police Beretta 96D. Stainless.

It was neither carried much nor shot much.

It's a smooth, smooth, SMOOTH shooter. Very soft recoiling, too.

If you want a soft-shooting .40S&W, then it's hard to go wrong with a 96!

Postal Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Springville
    P1070172.jpg

Here's mine, love the looks and way fun to shoot. For CC tho I pack a Glock 19 because its smaller.

Last edited:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    beretta schooling

I have owned about a dozen or so Berettas in 9mm and .40. I have never experienced a problem with any of them. I was an armourer for 8 years in the military and seen only issues one was a broken locking block (gun had at least 10000 round count and was the older style block) and a trigger bar spring fell out. I have seen Berettas fire reliabily in all type or enviroments and conditions. I only wish they had a little more variety as far as size and caliber go. They are great guns. Dont listen to the gun snobs and internet rumors.:D

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    +1 to this.:D

I have owned about a dozen or so Berettas in 9mm and .40. I have never experienced a problem with any of them. I was an armourer for 8 years in the military and seen only issues one was a broken locking block (gun had at least 10000 round count and was the older style block) and a trigger bar spring fell out. I have seen Berettas fire reliabily in all type or enviroments and conditions. I only wish they had a little more variety as far as size and caliber go. They are great guns. Dont listen to the gun snobs and internet rumors.:D

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Well good luck on your search, importing a firearm can be done but I have heard that it is very very hard, so good luck to you. I think you could probably find one with a little searching around here, by here I mean auction sites or other forum classifieds. again good luck.

Thanks for the info. I'll search here first. Found a listing in Florida for one but didn't have any background on the site. Nice to know there are some Beretta folks here.

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have the 92 FS in stainless that I picked up a year or so ago and its a great gun. Shoots well and very accurate. I still wouldn't want it to be my primary carry gun though. They are to heavy

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've owned several 92FS's over the years, not to mention I used to carry them on duty. Flawlessly reliable, accurate, and SMOOOOTH. I've owned a couple Italian ones, a couple US ones. The Italians might have been a little bit smoother. Or maybe I just got a kick out of owning the Italian guns... if there's a difference it's negligible.

TrevorReznik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    92FS was the first gun I ever bought. It is still my favorite. It's a quality gun with good accuracy. I am currently looking for a 96FS to match, but I found that it has been discontinued.

Top Bottom