• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I've re read my post several times and I've yet to see the "quote" you attributed to me, you might benefit from a course in reading comprehension, your attempt at humor/sarcasm would be better if you would take the time you spend here and better your education. Notice the comma? It does have meaning.

For or the record, this is what I said " By law you don't HAVE to record the persons info but it's not a bad idea, "usually" as long as they have an Indiana drivers lic and a gun permit they are good to go"
    Ah, my bad. I was wrong and misread your original post. I apologize for misquoting you.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    Apology accepted, we have enough *******s out there trying to take our guns and abolish our rights that we shouldn't be attacking people for trying to help unless their advice is either blatantly illegal or dangerous

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    30cal, slow your role a little here. Being on both ends of attacking, and having seen Biscuits posts around here, it wasn't an attack. He was just curious to the reasoning. I can see where he would get that confused. If you miss the comma, like I did the first time it reads "By law you don't have to record the person's info, but it's not a bad idea 'usually'..." It wasn't so much a comprehension fail as it is a misreading.

Remember, there's a difference between:
    Let's eat grandma.
    Let's eat, grandma.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    I've found we tend to "eat" our own on boards like this in order to pump up the ego and show everyone how smart we are, sort of like the Republican Party does to it's own candidates in primary elections so the "establishment" has their chosen one on the ballot.

If I wasn't clear earlier I was just pointing out that I was misquoted and we have enough enemies (anti gun) that we need to be more careful about how we address peoples posts, I wasn't referring to mine in
    particular but I've seen some pretty nasty comments in the past, maybe that's why it has taken me so long to participate after being a member for so long. It seems people like to put stuff out there and sit back and watch the attacks.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Well, 30cal, I haven't read your posts, there's too many of them:):, but I encourage you to stick around and contribute. Eventually, you might be a star like me. Okay, maybe not me, but definitely bunnykid. Contribute when you can, ask whatever questions you feel like asking, and you'll like it here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Eventually, you might be a star like me.
    :lmfao:

Okay, maybe not me, but definitely bunnykid.
    eek.gif
    :runaway:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    How does writing down the buyers info. "show you have performed due diligence"? Prohibited people can still have a drivers license and/or a LTCH.

You have at least checked valid gov. photo ID to confirm AGE and STATE OF RESIDENCE rather than taking the buyers "word" for it. The LTCH is a poor man's half a$$ed background check. (And a poor one indeed) Both are better than nothing if trying to convince ATF you did not knowingly sell to a minor, person from another state, or an otherwise prohibited person. That's how.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I get that, to cover your a$$ explanation. What I was referring to was why it is "usually not a bad idea." Either it is or it isn't. If you only record information for some of your firearm sales that doesn't make sense.

I get it. I think some would 'prolly not get paperwork on a face to face sale to a family member or close friend. Again, not saying it's right or wrong. But I think that's a valid "usually" explanation. Before I became a dealer I always checked DL and did a bill of sale for people I did not know well, especially at gun shows. So no, it's not a cut and dry "IS or ISN'T" a good idea. Whenever human judgement is involved their are inconsistent variables.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I trust no one (even those I know). If I sell, I'm going to be responsible and go to a dealer and perform the transfer. No ifs and/or buts.

No ifs and/or buts about it, I wouldn't buy from you,and I know a lot of others on here wouldn't either. You're Joe Schmoe to me, and I wouldn't be giving you any of my personal information. You are not a business or an FFL that is trustworthy enough to get any of my information.

A lot of people (me included) reading this board will label you as bad as any other anti gun person due to your ridiculous stance on bills of sale.

Top Bottom