SC officer charged with murder in man's death. Video catches him plant evidence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    nobody saw the Zimmerman altercation. Millions have seen this vid. There's absolutely no comparison.

But you can't help but to think how different it may have been if there was a similar video that showed the Zimmerman altercation in the same detail.

It may in retrospect have vindicated Zimmerman, but it may also have gone a different way....

The difference is that in this case, we can see and judge based on what the video shows did happen. In Zimmerman's case, as in many others, in the absence of video evidence, we are left with witness accounts and speculation.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It was flat out murder and that was what he was charged with. The word is quite appropriate.

It looked like a bad shoot, and both you and I would vote to convict if we were in the jury with only what we have here, but the trial hasn't even started yet.
    Or do you believe that we should just dispense with such inconveniences as a trial so that we can appease the masses?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    But you can't help but to think how different it may have been if there was a similar video that showed the Zimmerman altercation in the same detail.

It may in retrospect have vindicated Zimmerman, but it may also have gone a different way....

The difference is that in this case, we can see and judge based on what the video shows did happen. In Zimmerman's case, as in many others, in the absence of video evidence, we are left with witness accounts and speculation.

Regarding Zimmerman, we also have clear photos of him with a broken nose and a badly bashed up back of the head, both consistent with his account of what happened.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The guy that took the video himself said he didn't start filming until after things started.
    I don't believe the cop is innocent. OR GUILTY until everything comes out. That was the principal our founding fathers had in mind. "Innocent until proven guilty". I think I read that here on INGO

Well, in fairness we all have our beliefs based on the video. We aren't a court of law. I stand by the statement that I'm willing to learn a reason this was justified and I always reserve my right to be wrong and change my mind accordingly. However I believe its a bad shoot based on what we've seen and can't imagine what facts could change other than "amazing CGI" or something equally outlandish to counteract what we see in the video showing a bad shoot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Regarding Zimmerman, we also have clear photos of him with a broken nose and a badly bashed up back of the head, both consistent with his account of what happened.

Getting you $@& whipped doesn't imply that one ISNT the aggressor. Lots of people, start stuff and get their butts handed to them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So in response to recent events, this is currently the top post on Reddit.

Survive a police encounter

Click if you want. Contains anti-cop leanings and the word "african american", in-case that rustles your jimmies. Presented in a "humorous survival guide" format.

Most of the legitimate "African-Americans" I know personally have been white. I hate that word.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well, in fairness we all have our beliefs based on the video. We aren't a court of law. I stand by the statement that I'm willing to learn a reason this was justified and I always reserve my right to be wrong and change my mind accordingly. However I believe its a bad shoot based on what we've seen and can't imagine what facts could change other than "amazing CGI" or something equally outlandish to counteract what we see in the video showing a bad shoot.

I agree with you 100% and couldn't feel a bit different than you do.
    I will NOT pass judgement until all the facts are fairly presented. We're seeing only part of the complete confrontation. What I've seen sickens me but I wasn't there.
    When all is said and done I will pass my personal judgement.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree with you 100% and couldn't feel a bit different than you do.
    I will NOT pass judgement until all the facts are fairly presented. We're seeing only part of the complete confrontation. What I've seen sickens me but I wasn't there.

Maybe I'm missing something, but any physical confrontation that occurred previous to the officer shooting an unarmed guy, running away, in the back, has very little (and likely no) bearing on how this should be viewed.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Maybe I'm missing something, but any physical confrontation that occurred previous to the officer shooting an unarmed guy, running away, in the back, has very little (and likely no) bearing on how this should be viewed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's slow-motion and stabilized GIF of the cop moving the taser near the victim

DTYSXXC.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Fair enough, I won't fault you for that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a topic for a Thread of its own but here's my short answer.
    Hahahahahahahahaha..... As a guy whos birth mother was born and raised in Southern Rhodesia. Next time I see her I'll let her know she's being PC.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha.

Not sure if you realized it or not, but unless your mother has a OEM "tan," you kinda just proved my point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It was flat out murder and that was what he was charged with. The word is quite appropriate.
    Knowing what something is and proving it to a jury are two VERY different things.

17 squirrel; said:
    I'll bite... And why do you hate that word..

A friend of mine's wife was born in Haiti. She is black. She hates being referred to as "African American." She isn't. She's American. From Haiti. Which isn't in Africa.

My mother in law is French. She was born in Morocco. Part of Africa. She is white. Also, technically, African.

Just random observations.

Top Bottom