SC officer charged with murder in man's death. Video catches him plant evidence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Not sure what that article is trying to say exactly. That he didn't plant the taser, because he picked it up 30 seconds after he tossed it next to the body?
    I took from it that (shocking I know) the media and those that usually want to turn these incidents into a black/white issue are adding and subtracting information as they see fit, rather than reporting the facts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not sure what that article is trying to say exactly. That he didn't plant the taser, because he picked it up 30 seconds after he tossed it next to the body?

Seems fairly simple. It'd be kind of dumb to pick something back up if your intent was to plant it. The deciding factor would be his statement. Did he say the guy had his Taser or was trying to tase him when he shot him?

The more interesting thing for me at this point is that this has been selective left out of the media reports. Why is obvious. It's much more interesting to say "and he would have gotten away with it if not for this video." That article tells a different story, that investigators were hinky on it from the beginning, that the taser wasn't laying by the body when they got there (unless they got there within 30 seconds) to do the forensics, etc.

It'll be interesting if the PC or investigator notes are ever released to see which one it jives with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So if someone would have shot the cop, legally it would have been a good shoot?

Before a ban hammer……whats the logic?

I don't think Trigger is being "anti-cop".
    I think what he may be saying is....
    In Indiana, you are allowed to shoot someone to prevent a forcible felony.
    If the officer committed murder or manslaughter, that would be a forcible felony.

But I could be wrong as to what he's saying.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't think Trigger is being "anti-cop".
    I think what he may be saying is....
    In Indiana, you are allowed to shoot someone to prevent a forcible felony.
    If the officer committed murder or manslaughter, that would be a forcible felony.

But I could be wrong as to what he's saying.
    You are correct, he is not ant-cop and that is likely what he was asking.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would think, the problem would be, how would you determine it was a forcible felony before it happens?

Police are sometimes called upon to draw their weapon, and not fire a shot.
    So, if you shot him first, then the case against you would be, that the officer was not going to fire a shot.

At least that's my take.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So if someone would have shot the cop, legally it would have been a good shoot?

In theory, yes. But the event unfolded so quickly, I can't see anyone actually being able to intervene and being confident that their shooting of the "officer," was a righteous one.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    lol, theyre pulling out all the stops to make it sound like a good shoot

question (I'm not saying anything good or bad about this incident)

would you you fire on a suspect that fired a Tazer at you? (Im not saying he did)

would that justify lethal force? (Not saying it did)

I'm not trying to make a case for anything about this incident. Not trying to justify it. Not trying to excuse it. Not even trying to talk about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

would you you fire on a suspect that fired a Tazer at you? (Im not saying he did)

I'm not trying to make a case for anything about this incident. Not trying to justify it. Not trying to excuse it. Not even trying to talk about it.

Too bad you have to add all the disclaimers. Otherwise it could just be a simple question.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    lol, theyre pulling out all the stops to make it sound like a good shoot

If Slager had one or both of the Taser darts in him, it's obvious that he would have the characteristic little circular wounds from them the darts.
    That's what any cursory medical examination would reveal, but I bet they won't be anywhere in evidence.

Last edited:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    If Slager had one or both of the Taser darts in him, it's obvious that he would have the characteristic little circular wounds from them the darts.
    That's what any cursory medical examination would reveal, but I bet they won't be anywhere in evidence.

Expanding these visuals and going back to the original source video taken by eye-witness Feidin Santana, an emerging picture comes to the surface. Officer Slager did in fact lose custody of the Taser to Walter Scott.

This would also explain the picture of Slager being debriefed after the confrontation with his left pant leg folded up as he explains events to the documenting officer.

I'm not saying anything
    I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm saying anything about it

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That depends on a number of things:
    Does he still have the taser?
    -No? Then I would not
    -Yes? Is it a single cart. taser? if no, Yes I'd shoot him. If it is a single cart taser, then how close is he to me? Very close, I'd shoot, a fair distance away? I wouldn't

Top Bottom