• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have to honestly say if I saw you with that rig dressed that way, and I was one of the anti-gun lemmings, it would be hard not to say something to someone, cops or otherwise.

Do you wear this thing regularly? Is this the only time you've had trouble? I realize it's perfectly legal but you may want to tone it down until the dust settles a bit on the whole gun climate.

Personally I don't see the allure of OC. If and when I do get my LTCH, it will be CC for me all the way. No need to announce to anybody you're carrying IMO. It does nothing more than draw attention to yourself and right now that's not such a good thing.

:puke:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have to honestly say if I saw you with that rig dressed that way, and I was one of the anti-gun lemmings, it would be hard not to say something to someone, cops or otherwise.

Do you wear this thing regularly? Is this the only time you've had trouble? I realize it's perfectly legal but you may want to tone it down until the dust settles a bit on the whole gun climate.

Personally I don't see the allure of OC. If and when I do get my LTCH, it will be CC for me all the way. No need to announce to anybody you're carrying IMO. It does nothing more than draw attention to yourself and right now that's not such a good thing.

I saw 2 guys dressed like this 2 weeks ago, I figured they were cops. I was right, they went outside and got in their unmarked vehicle, maybe I should have called the other cops on them for carrying in such a way.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Read this https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

It might change the your view a little. Most of the time I cc, but there are times that I will oc because I want to excerise my rights. For a long time, I would never OC because of the "First one shot" theory read this thread AND doing some research on my own has changed my view. Just my :twocents:.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    When is the last time that anyone saw a criminal with a firearm in a thigh holster? NEVER, right? The cops were out of line. I can agree that if one of them wanted to approach you and ask to see your license, that's fine. But to use the combat tactics? Don't think so. And reaching into your front pocket to retrieve your wallet is borderline to sexual harrassment.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Subscribed...
    As a fellow South Bend resident, I want to follow this and see how it goes down. Please keep updates as you can, but do seek out the advice of Guy. He's assisting another South Bend resident as we speak.

Good luck!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

On the contrary, it's a very good thing. Unless you want the likes of Feinswine and Schumer and Company to define the "gun culture." What kind of message do you think it sends when people start seeing on a daily basis perfectly normal folk carrying in everyday places? What kind of message do you think it sends to validate the irrational fears?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana

FAIL!!

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Why the heck are some people on here worried on the way he was carrying????? There are times I wear a dropleg, heck, I have even worn my SASS rig into the store on my way home after a few days in the woods, complete with "bullets" on the belt and a scary revolver in the holster.

The only real concern is the MWAG call, and how South Bend dispatch handled the call.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I agree that I would contact a lawyer. This kind of harassment needs to bne stopped and from what I read on here the SBPD is as bad as it gets in the state at this kind of crap!

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Gonna stop everyone driving because they must have a license to drive? If that was the case, we'd have license checkpoints instead of DUI checkpoints. SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!

OP, I think you need to contact a lawyer right now and stop talking about it on the forum. IMHO, the police are trying to intimidate citizens to the point they will lay down their guns.

There is specific case law from the USSC that prevents this. I'm not saying it's right, but in Indiana, carrying a firearm is illegal without a license and an officer has a right to detain you until you prove that you have a valid license.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is specific case law from the USSC that prevents this. I'm not saying it's right, but in Indiana, carrying a firearm is illegal without a license and an officer has a right to detain you until you prove that you have a valid license.

Not saying I don't believe you, but show me the law.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    This thread would be a lot more entertaining if there was a video.:)

Remember, when you open carry a cell phone camera is your best friend.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm curious as too what time this happened yesterday. Because at about 5:50 pm I was calling into 95.3 and talking about campus carry while sitting in my vehicle just down the street. I mentioned that I didnt see any cops nearby to intervene if someone attacked me. Where they up there harassing you?

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    One question. Why the drop leg holster???????????!??????!?!?!?!?

Why not ????

Just carrying a weapon isn't reasonable suspicion. I would engage an attorney, and stop posting on here.

Here, here !!!

If I saw you carrying like that, I would look at you, smile, and ask what your INGO name is.

:laugh::laugh:

IC 34-28-5-3.5
    Refusal to identify self
    Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:
    (1) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;
    to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.
    As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.24.

There was NO "infraction or ordinance violation" in this case :draw:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I wonder how many criminals they stop for OC? How many unlicensed carriers they arrest for OC? The only reason for this stop was to harrass. Get a lawyer. They need a lesson.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Not saying I don't believe you, but show me the law.

Indiana Code 35-47-2

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    ^^^ I agree 100%. The problem isn't those carrying, or the police responding. The problem is the stupid public yelling "gun".

I would love a 911 call:
    D - "911 what's your emergency?"
    I - "There's a man with the gun!"
    D - "Is he threating a person or a business?"
    I - "Neither, he's got it on his hip and he's not a cop."
    D - "Do you realize it's perfectly legal for citizens to own and carry guns?"
    I - "I don't care, he shouldn't have a gun"
    D - "do you realize that misuse of the 911 system is illegal"
    I - "......"
    D - "thank you, have a nice day".

I agree. The problem is 100% stupid people. But exactly like you cannot prevent mass murders, you cannot prevent stupid public. They just can't see a firearm, period. Stupid public will never ever change sadly.

There are 0 repercussions to public for false accusations and 0 repercussions for LE. I dislike it but have accepted it.

Top Bottom