• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    I've had my LTCH since I was 18, about 18 years now. I have only recently started to CC 100% of the time. IMO, I just don't see the advantages to OCing. I respect the right of others to exercise their right to OC. It is just not a choice that I agree with.

I work in retail, at a large supercenter, as a manager and on a few occasions had a gentleman come into the store and was OCing. We had several complaints from other customers about being uncomfortable around him. We had decided that as long he didn't cause any trouble that we did not have a problem.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    i cc 99.9% of the time. altho, it is a very sloppy cc, shirt moves up while doing something and it pops out, i dont try to hurry up and cover it. a few of my friends have told me either "you can still see a huge gun print on your back" or "its sticking out"
    This is about how it works for me too.:twocents:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I've had my LTCH since I was 18, about 18 years now. I have only recently started to CC 100% of the time. IMO, I just don't see the advantages to OCing. I respect the right of others to exercise their right to OC. It is just not a choice that I agree with.

I work in retail, at a large supercenter, as a manager and on a few occasions had a gentleman come into the store and was OCing. We had several complaints from other customers about being uncomfortable around him. We had decided that as long he didn't cause any trouble that we did not have a problem.

Very interesting. We rarely get to hear from the viewpoint of a manager dealing with OC in his store so I thank you for your contribution. I find it very unusual that you would get that many complaints from patrons on your store. Me experience tells me that most people don't notice, many don't care, few are concerned but don't change anything, and fewer still will talk to you. All of the normal people who have talked to me about OCing have been totally cool with it and were either ignorant but understanding or curious.

Could you tell us some more details? What kind of store, how was the man dressed, what was his behavior? Anything else would help draw a conclusion as to why this gentleman drew such negative responses from fellow patrons.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I OCed a few times. I always felt dirty afterwards. OCing and eating bacon is just 1 step closer to being like ATM.

That's why I CC and eat turkey bacon. :D

Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    Very interesting. We rarely get to hear from the viewpoint of a manager dealing with OC in his store so I thank you for your contribution. I find it very unusual that you would get that many complaints from patrons on your store. Me experience tells me that most people don't notice, many don't care, few are concerned but don't change anything, and fewer still will talk to you. All of the normal people who have talked to me about OCing have been totally cool with it and were either ignorant but understanding or curious.

Could you tell us some more details? What kind of store, how was the man dressed, what was his behavior? Anything else would help draw a conclusion as to why this gentleman drew such negative responses from fellow patrons.

I work in a Grocery Supercenter, like a Meijer! The man was dressed conservatively in jeans and a polo shirt. He was quiet and did not talk to anyone that I saw. He very well may have been a LEO, but did not have a visible badge. In the past we have had several LEOs in the store. They have been in and out of uniform but their badge was always visible.

We didn't get a lot of complaints. To be honest I was one of the ones concerned. Up til that point I actually thought that in Indiana you were required to conceal your firearm while carrying. That led me to do some research and I realized that you are not required to conceal.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I work in a Grocery Supercenter, like a Meijer! The man was dressed conservatively in jeans and a polo shirt. He was quiet and did not talk to anyone that I saw. He very well may have been a LEO, but did not have a visible badge. In the past we have had several LEOs in the store. They have been in and out of uniform but their badge was always visible.

We didn't get a lot of complaints. To be honest I was one of the ones concerned. Up til that point I actually thought that in Indiana you were required to conceal your firearm while carrying. That led me to do some research and I realized that you are not required to conceal.

I think that is a common issue and your candor is very much appreciated! I do think that the more people OC, the more the public will be educated on the legality of it - from the OCer himself, their own research, other members of the public or well-informed LEOs who respond to MWAG calls with a calm "there's nothing illegal about openly carrying a handgun with a LTCH."

Perhaps that's a bit naive, but I'm an optimist. ;)

Guy

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

The 2 statements you made thet I highlited seem very conflicting to me. :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Open your mind to the possibility of someone not carrying at all even though they have a LTCH and it makes sense.

BTW Belt99 thanks for the better description and I think it answered my question and Guy filled in my response. I for one would be shocked if a normal citizen in Indiana complained to a manager about a nicely dressed calm man OCing. California? Sure, and call the cops, and the national guard, and a senator to change the law, and a judge to make sure he's convicted, and their psychiatrist, and a self help author... Etc.

Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson

Why is that? I've had my handgun permit since I could get one! I only used it to make sure I wouldn't get in trouble transferring my weapons from house to range. I never really considered carrying. All of my time was spent at college and work. Neither a place I could carry my gun. Plus I never had a carry gun.

My lack of knowledge about the laws for carrying a handgun was another reason I never carried a gun. Since I never bought a gun to carry, i never learned the laws.

There were two incidents that resparked my love of guns and desire to learn more about carrying.

One was the incident with the guy who was open carrying in my store and the other was spending time with an old friend whoe shared my interest in guns. Since I have been hanging out with him I bought my first handgun in 16 years. Its the gun that I have been carrying.

cst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Do what makes you comfortable.I think the debate between OC / CC will be open until the end of time.

Don't let anyone tell you your less a man because you choose to CC --- again,if that's what your comfortable with.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Do what makes you comfortable.I think the debate between OC / CC will be open until the end of time.

Don't let anyone tell you your less a man because you choose to CC --- again,if that's what your comfortable with.

I thought the debate had been settled; OC Good, CC Bad..

Wait, did I mix that one up??? Oh well, you know what I meant..

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I thought the debate had been settled; OC Good, CC Good..

Wait, did I mix that one up??? Oh well, you know what I meant..

^^^ The way it should be.

Unfortunately, you're always going to have some hooligan come along and tell the others that they are doing it wrong. That's where the "debate" comes from. It really isn't a debate any more as much as it is people getting butthurt at what others choose to do.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Open your mind to the possibility of someone not carrying at all even though they have a LTCH and it makes sense.

BTW Belt99 thanks for the better description and I think it answered my question and Guy filled in my response. I for one would be shocked if a normal citizen in Indiana complained to a manager about a nicely dressed calm man OCing. California? Sure, and call the cops, and the national guard, and a senator to change the law, and a judge to make sure he's convicted, and their psychiatrist, and a self help author... Etc.

Good point, didn't think of looking at it like that.

Why is that? I've had my handgun permit since I could get one! I only used it to make sure I wouldn't get in trouble transferring my weapons from house to range. I never really considered carrying. All of my time was spent at college and work. Neither a place I could carry my gun. Plus I never had a carry gun.

My lack of knowledge about the laws for carrying a handgun was another reason I never carried a gun. Since I never bought a gun to carry, i never learned the laws.

There were two incidents that resparked my love of guns and desire to learn more about carrying.

One was the incident with the guy who was open carrying in my store and the other was spending time with an old friend whoe shared my interest in guns. Since I have been hanging out with him I bought my first handgun in 16 years. Its the gun that I have been carrying.

The reason I thought they sounded conflicting is because the way you said "only recently I have started to CC 100% of the time". So I understood that as you had been OC'ing even though you thought it was against the law. I was simply confused by the statement. No worries I get it now.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    But seriously

...many of you are doing it wrong.

:D

nicethings-1.jpg

Top Bottom