• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • new_guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    When I was in Cali you should have seen the looks I'd get while OC'ing there. People thought I was a terrorist or something!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    because we don't want to deal with all the drama and BS... We want to be protected but yet NOT draw attention to ourselves (CC).. Unlike others on here.. (OC)
    Most people will never even notice OC. You'd be surprised. I OC everywhere, every day, except work and church, and no one has ever said one thing to me, including LEOs. No drama.

'Course, I haven't been to the Evansville Zoo yet.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'll bet you a LOT of CCrs have passed you by unnoticed. Every day here in evansville I point out 1-2 people CCing to my wife. A lot of people just don't want to risk any hassle that could possibly connected to OCing, so they just pull their sweater over it, or throw a button up shirt on. You can tell by gait, hand position while walking briskly/running, audio recorder around the neck (they hide the pistol, but leave the recorder hanging out lol), the obvious bump on the strong side (duh, lol). Now that my LTCH is on the way I've been OCing around the house/property to get use to it again, and my wife says "Why can't you just hide it?" I tell her "Because I'm not ashamed of it, and people should learn that it's perfectly legal".

Here's to hoping you see a lot more people OCing :rockwoot:

IMG_4515.jpg

I know, I have sausage fingers!!! lol

Audio recorder around the neck? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've noticed that a few OC/CCrs carry a small audio recorder around their neck. I'm assuming it's to record encounters with LEOs, so that it's not just "His word against mine".

Must be a regional thing. I've seen several CC/OC and have never seen an audio recorder around anyone's neck. That being said, I do carry an audio recorder with me at all times, but it is in my pocket.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Most people will never even notice OC. You'd be surprised. I OC everywhere, every day, except work and church, and no one has ever said one thing to me, including LEOs. No drama.

'Course, I haven't been to the Evansville Zoo yet.

This one should be interesting!!! :popcorn:

"OMG! A gun!!! he is gonna kill the animals!!!" :laugh:

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    I OCed at Mancino's for lunch the last time I was in Columbus. :yesway:

I'd love to draw attention to myself and deal with drama and BS, but I never get any of that sweet action. :noway:

Look at me! :):

I really don't understand, nor do I care why a select few make such a big deal about concealing... OK!! You hide your gun! big Whoop!! :dunno:
    \

Right on!!! :yesway: You see it your way, and I will see it my way. :patriot:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Was your purple button on the fritz?

I try to avoid "kids who carry."
    Only the cool kids carry in the Open.
    Oh, and my first episode of Open Carry was in ☭hi-☭om-Mart last October. A dikey thing from her City Hall office job standing in line, flashing her piece, and staring down anyone who noticed her. Bad advertising for anything.

Top Bottom