ggm090227l.jpg

dco0070l.jpg

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Actually, the entire premise is incorrect. Assuming a $500.00 purchase was lost, the smoker only lost the profit from the sale. I'd say it was a bargain.
    I prefer smoke free, but, I realize limited exposure is not going to kill me. Also prefer good service in restaurants, but seldom see it

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Eh. I think there's a small taste of common sense involved in the OP's rebuttal that some here aren't seeing.

Common Courtesy.

I've never been in a gun shop that DIDN'T have someone fire up a cigar/ette at some point. That's fine.
    It's the thought that the said store owner did so after acknowledging a child was in presence.

My only analogy I have to go with this is sometimes I like to be real' American and crank my music while I drive on a sunny day.
    Regardless of what I'm listening to, if an older couple (or anyone that doesn't appear to care for the noise) pulls up next to me at a stop light,
    I'll turn it down until I'm back up and going again or away from them.

Polite? Courtesy? Whatever. Regardless, I feel like that move could've been done in this situation. Just my .02.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Also I dont think these gunshop owners and mangers are thinking this through . Employers are required to provide a safe work environment. Poor Johnny was forced to work in a shop that had deadly second hand smoke all day, every day so he could feed his children.

Poor Johnny should have tried to move to a country like the US or Canada, where he could have quit his job but still got a Section 8 rental voucher, free or reduced childcare, an EBT card with a petty cash allowance, and an allowance for food.

No one is "forced" to work in this country, or most other industrial counties. You can choose the welfare lifestyle, or find another job.

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    I took my 2 year old into a bar and asked everyone to stop drinking because I didn't Want my precious child Cody to be exposed to the smell of beer.

They laughed at me and my wonderful Cody. Don't they know my Cody is special and needs to be catered to? I bring my kids everywhere. I feel the world should be totally kid friendly. I am petitioning Las Vegas to stop gambling so it can be more kid friendly.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I took my 2 year old into a bar and asked everyone to stop drinking because I didn't Want my precious child Cody to be exposed to the smell of beer.

They laughed at me and my wonderful Cody. Don't they know my Cody is special and needs to be catered to? I bring my kids everywhere. I feel the world should be totally kid friendly. I am petitioning Las Vegas to stop gambling so it can be more kid friendly.

Apples and Oranges, when compared to the OP. You took your child into an establishment that sold beer (that was your first offense, in indiana anyway), and asked them to stop drinking beer. The OP didn't walk into a gun store and ask that all the guns be put up for fear of exposing his child to a gun.

I'm borred and feel like pointing out the flaws in peoples arguements. :ar15:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    that kid's lungs have probably suffered more from car exhaust or nasty farts than it would have by being in a store where a person was smoking. You see thats part of whats wrong these days. We kids used to ride in the backs of trucks, in cars no seatbelt, rode bike with out dressing like a line backer.

But because this guy wanted to enjoy a smoke in his own shop while your precious snow flake was there, you had to get all uppity.

Get real dude.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    that kid's lungs have probably suffered more from car exhaust or nasty farts than it would have by being in a store where a person was smoking. You see thats part of whats wrong these days. We kids used to ride in the backs of trucks, in cars no seatbelt, rode bike with out dressing like a line backer.

But because this guy wanted to enjoy a smoke in his own shop while your precious snow flake was there, you had to get all uppity.

Get real dude.

Triggers: Secondhand Smoke | Asthma | US Environmental Protection Agency

qmikep

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Get real dude.

+1

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Sorry, I don't think I'm allowed in these threads anymore. The last time I tried to perform a public service announcement on the subject, the Mods had to step in. :dunno:

All I will say is read the studies that show second hand smoke is harmful. Not just the summary on the front page or the press release, the studies themselves. Do some research to see what the statistics actually show. What the research, and more specifically the error margins indicate, and "research methods" indicate. Then come back and tell me what you've learned. I will say that a meta-study is to a scientific study, as meta-physics is to physics. Read: It's not.

I won't try to fight you on it. Just educate yourself, as opposed to parroting what the media tells you. You don't believe it when they say that stronger gun control makes our streets safer, so why do you just believe it when they say second hand smoke is so harmful?

And I'm out this thread. Any further questions on the subject can be PM'd to me if you want. I do enjoy the debate. :ingo:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not going to defend the man, but my guess is he didn't even think about a kid. He probably smoked around his kids and smokes everyday in his shop, my bet is also in however long he has owned his shop he can count on his fingers how many toddlers have been in there. I can tell you that lighting a cig is second nature I did it until 2 months ago

I know people do that, but its pathetic. Every time I see some idiot smoking in his/her car with a kid in the back seat I just shake my head at how stupid people can be.

Top Bottom