• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Pagano and Grigson have a clean slate now.
    They either produce or they've destroyed their NFL careers.
    I figure they're rookies as well and need to grow into their jobs.
    This is all the leeway and grace I will give them.

Crap...for a couple of reasons, I was hoping that Saban rumor were true.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't see anything about Grigson staying in the article, so is he staying also? They both should probably have gone, but if I had a choice and had to keep one, then I'd keep Pagano and give Grigson the boot.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Crap...for a couple of reasons, I was hoping that Saban rumor were true.

Saban's last stint in the NFL wasn't anything to brag about. Some coaches are best left at the college level.
    Harbaugh on the other hand would be welcomed. He took a loathsome 49ers team and took it to the top with a very average offense.
    Defense wins championships. It's a worn out saying but holds true.
    in '06 when the Colts finally brought home the bacon it was the D that pulled them through.
    The present day Colts have a good offense though dumb at times. (coaching?) Give us a pass rush and a couple of solid outside linebackers and this team SHOULD be in the 12 win category.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well poop.

That sure sounds like Grigson is staying as well. Wonder what all that Manning talk was about? Can't see Manning as a GM, but he sure couldn't do worse than Grigson. I'd rather see Manning helping out Luck read defenses and make better decisions from where ever he lands in the front office (if that happens).

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Wise move for Irsay. Competing with the likes of Denver, San Diego, LA, SF, and Buffalo for a good coach would not be in his best interest right now.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wise move for Irsay. Competing with the likes of Denver, San Diego, LA, SF, and Buffalo for a good coach would not be in his best interest right now.

The Colts won't be competing with the likes of those teams on the field, either. Heck, now, they can't even compete against the teams in their own division - the worst division in the NFL.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sounds like Irsay is going all in and I guess we'll find out just how strong his hand is here.

Either he's going to look like a genius next year and the Colts finally wake up and pull off a 12-4 type season a deep playoff run, or he's going to have essentially squandered just about all the brand equity the franchise has built in the last 20 years. That's a pretty big gamble, so we'll see if he can pull it off.

The Colts are in a tough market here, with a lot of loyal Bears, Browns, Bengals, and Lions fans, and really even a pretty good population of Packers, Steelers, and Titans fans. The Colts had to win over a lot of those fans when they first came to Indy, and it would be a shame to start losing the fan base due to mediocrity.

Top Bottom