• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Detested, I would have hung around for updates on [STRIKE]Carr,[/STRIKE] McGloin, maybe see what, if anything, [STRIKE]McGloin[/STRIKE] Cook has [D'oh :facepalm: ]

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I hope he stays, but the GM has to go.

As much as I believe that Chuck is a great man (and darn good coach), and as much as I agree that Grigson shares a lot of the blame for a bad season, Pagano still is responsible for some of the major deficiencies in the Game Day team management, preparation (or lack thereof), and general attitude of the team.

He got another chance to change things after the 2015 season, and no real change in results in 2016. He needs to go or I'm guessing a lot of the Colts talent will start looking for other teams. Guys like Luck, Hilton, etc. aren't going to hang around to play .500 ball their entire careers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As much as I believe that Chuck is a great man (and darn good coach), and as much as I agree that Grigson shares a lot of the blame for a bad season, Pagano still is responsible for some of the major deficiencies in the Game Day team management, preparation (or lack thereof), and general attitude of the team.

He got another chance to change things after the 2015 season, and no real change in results in 2016. He needs to go or I'm guessing a lot of the Colts talent will start looking for other teams. Guys like Luck, Hilton, etc. aren't going to hang around to play .500 ball their entire careers.

Chuck as much as stated he was responsible for the things you say are lacking. I totally agree...the game prep and play calling are just horrible.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Chuck as much as stated he was responsible for the things you say are lacking. I totally agree...the game prep and play calling are just horrible.

We also can NOT be changing 8 coaches every off season and expect anything more than the type of season we have had this year. 8-8 will be the outcome every time they clean house.
    There has to be some consistency that this team hasn't had in 3 years now.
    Philbin has done a pretty good job with the O line considering what he's had to work with. We actually had a 1,000 yard running back. Pass protection is better.
    Chudzinski surprised me with better play calling the second half of the season. No longer 2 runs, 25 yd incompletion, and punt.
    Give this team a pass rush and the rest of the D look like pro bowlers. Time to can the geriatrics and get quality young players. Keep that old man Gore though. Offense will be good enough next year after the O linemen get more familiar with each other and schemes. They came a long way this year and still a little way to go.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

It's pretty easy to say, "that's inexcusable. I take full responsibility." when one is not actually held accountable for said outcome. Pagano's MO has not changed in five years, and yet: here we are.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    We also can NOT be changing 8 coaches every off season and expect anything more than the type of season we have had this year. 8-8 will be the outcome every time they clean house.
    There has to be some consistency that this team hasn't had in 3 years now.
    Philbin has done a pretty good job with the O line considering what he's had to work with. We actually had a 1,000 yard running back. Pass protection is better.
    Chudzinski surprised me with better play calling the second half of the season. No longer 2 runs, 25 yd incompletion, and punt.
    Give this team a pass rush and the rest of the D look like pro bowlers. Time to can the geriatrics and get quality young players. Keep that old man Gore though. Offense will be good enough next year after the O linemen get more familiar with each other and schemes. They came a long way this year and still a little way to go.

Came a long way this year? What? They had their star quarterback all season and had the same record as last year when he missed most of the season.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't know why the Colts kept Trent Richardson around for so long. He never was able to perform. Now that we have Gore and Turbin, we have a running game. I thought the O line and D line improved as the season progressed. We had a lot of wet behind the ears players who needed experience in NFL play and to be coached up. Mathis is going to be hard to replace. A "star" QB can only do so much when he is one of the top sacked QB's in the NFL. TY really came into his own. The other receivers seemed to improve, some dramatically. Coach really made some boner play calls this year, but it didn't destroy the season. I think getting Manning in the front office and using Mathis as a D coach would definitely be a plus. One thing that has plagued the Colts all season is a slow start to the season and slow starts for individual games. It seems like it is taking the younger players longer to learn how to play each team. Once they (or the coaches) figure out what to do, they come on stronger. I think we have a good solid core and if we just pick up a few additional players, and don't start dismantling the team and start all over, we should have an excellent season next year.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Came a long way this year? What? They had their star quarterback all season and had the same record as last year when he missed most of the season.

The O line has come a long way. Rookies in the NFL usually struggle. Put a bunch of them on the O Line and you'll get that.
    This defense didn't have a pass rusher. Don't mention Mathis. I like him and he's going to be missed but the truth of the matter is HE GOT OLD. Good for maybe 2 great plays a game.
    Defensive backfield had more injuries than I can ever remember happening. OLD linebackers can't cut it. Defense just lakes some basic playmakers.
    Oh, that superstar? He should take a look at some Manning film. Know when to hit the dirt and cover up. I like Luck but standing in the pocket forever getting hit isn't the O line's fault.

Top Bottom