• ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    i wouldn't get one

they seem cool but read around, i recall they had issues with loading a new mag as the chamber wouldn't stay open

so if you want one for novelty, by all means, but i wouldn't rely on one for home defense or sport just because once you're out of 5 shots you're done

:laugh::lol2::laugh::draw::popcorn:

Remember Google and Ingo search is your friend and personal navigator.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    If you are interested in all things Saiga, go to the Saiga Forum:
    forum.saiga-12.com
    This forum has lots of information and links to all the big suppliers.
    Contains sections for all types of Saiga guns, shotgoun, rifles, etc.
    Many of the major suppliers monitor this site, especially Tony form Tromix. If you can't find info here, it doesn't exist.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Huge plus 1 for the gas regulator!!!

LOTS of folks show up to Eagle Creek with "modified" S-12s, only to have them jam every round or every other round. The adjustable regulator allows you to run the light field loads to heavy magnums without issues in operation.

Also, good mags, like the AGPs, pay off big time. I see lot of the cheapy Pro-mag ones or crazy, cheap drums fail ALOT out there, even with the adjustable gas regulator.

If you are going to shoot it before modification (who wouldn't), use full power ammo, not the 5 bucks for 25 WallyWorld field loads. They are too light and cause issues in most of the Sagias I have seen.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you like rails, go with the chaos extended quad, It has HK sights built in and they're on sale right now. Don't buy promag anything. Do a full conversion yourself or send it off, don't do the tapco abortion, you'll be happier restoring it to it's original configuration. If you like folders, get an ace. If you like AKs get a k'var warsaw pact stock. If you like M4 style go with either CAA or Vltor and buy whatever stock you want to put on it. A gas plug is an absolute must. There are several companies making them now. I have the gunfixer, but tac47 just came out with a self regulating one that hasn't been reported on yet...i'll be watching closely.

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    Just completed my conversion this weekend. I got the parts Friday and started on the project on Saturday night. Got done at 0100 Sunday morning. Did it all myself. It was a royal PITA but only because I was ill-prepared. I did it at my kitchen table and had no bench vice.
    mysaiga12.jpg

Functions perfectly. Buttstock is punishing. I suggest you get a different one. I need a muzzle brake and a different gas plug as well.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    They are damn good shotguns and fun to shoot! I got 2 one in a 20 GA and one in 410. Ive been thinking about getting rid of the 20 gauge but everyone says not too because it actually cycles light loads pretty good so I guess I bought that other spring for nothing but ya never know(knock on wood) it may come in handy one day.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Just completed my conversion this weekend. I got the parts Friday and started on the project on Saturday night. Got done at 0100 Sunday morning. Did it all myself. It was a royal PITA but only because I was ill-prepared. I did it at my kitchen table and had no bench vice.
    mysaiga12.jpg

Functions perfectly. Buttstock is punishing. I suggest you get a different one. I need a muzzle brake and a different gas plug as well.
    You can use a 1911 14lb or lighter recoil spring and it will cycle anything from what I understand from the Saiga 12 forum. I got one for the 20 gauge and didnt even need it.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    More Saiga 12 fun! 20 round drum and...

MD Arms LTD, Where Dream Toys Become Reality had drum mags on sale last week (they may still be?), so I ordered one and one of their gas plugs. The jury is still out on the gas plug, but the drum friggin ROCKS! It won't take 3" shells, but thats overkill IMO anyway.

I was bored this morning, so I made a handguard out of stuff laying around the garage... more of a "proof of concept," but it seems sturdy enough.

P9192869.jpg

P9192871.jpg

P9192873.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    nice job on handguard,how did you make it

I'm (almost) embarrassed to say! The "tube" is 1.5" PVC with another piece of PVC riveted to the rear as the tab that fits into the receiver. I used a brass ferule to get the standoff in front. The texture is really embarrassing; it's also leaf/gutter guard. It looks better the further you are from it, but it IS grippy!

I saw some 2" aluminum tubeing at Home Depot yesterday (outdoor lighting post), but thought that I'd model it before spending any $. Glad I did 'cause 2" would have been too big, IMO. I'll probably shoot it a few times, then think (some more) about getting a Chaos rail... :rolleyes:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I love my R&R handguard and it seems to be the way you are going. I found mine used for pretty cheap and it goes well with the magwell. I have not tried to mount a vfg to it but it should be easy to do if that is what you are going for.

005-1-1.jpg

Top Bottom