• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    An msrp of $449 and to big to poket carry. I might pass on it. My m&p9c isnt much bigger and holds more rounds. I sized up my 9c next to a buddys taurus slim and there wasnt much difference at all.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Was looking like a new purchase... until... Yeager stated it is NOT ambidextrous. What about us lefties!

Make that safety ambi!

:xmad:

I'm a lefty and I'm gonna see it this weekend in St. Louis at the NRA convention. I'll let you know about "Lefty M&P Manipulation" afterwards. :D
    I may swing by my LGS before I leave town to see if they have it too...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I know who will be giving the most biased, opinionated and thorough review on INGO some time in the near future.

I'll be taking this very serious, as this will be my only carry gun. I purposely chose to go this route so I would have to trust it, unlike failure in a USPSA match.

My G19 is SPF and Acme has a M&P9 Shield inbound for me.

If it doesn't stack up, then my 2012 GSSF purchase Glock will be a Gen4 G26.

and I won't lie, I'll be looking for every excuse to not stick with the M&P so I can get another Glock.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I know who will be giving the most biased, opinionated and thorough review on INGO some time in the near future.

I'll be taking this very serious, as this will be my only carry gun. I purposely chose to go this route so I would have to trust it, unlike failure in a USPSA match.

My G19 is SPF and Acme has a M&P9 Shield inbound for me.

If it doesn't stack up, then my 2012 GSSF purchase Glock will be a Gen4 G26.

and I won't lie, I'll be looking for every excuse to not stick with the M&P so I can get another Glock.

Definitely looking forward to the report.

I very much want to see a Shield next to an M&P c series as well.

The trigger on the Shield sounds like a great improvement, and it will be interesting to see if Smith puts it in the rest of the M&P series.

I've been a long time Glock guy as well, so very interested in your report.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I'm interested in the .40. My M&P 40c is a really soft shooter as is my FS. There is not a huge difference in the amount of felt recoil between it and my Kahr CM9. If the .40 Shield is a "soft" shooter it will be a no-brainer for me.

I can't find any reviews on the .40 cal just yet. Hopefully soon!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Just picked up a 9 shield from PSS, think that's the past one in Indy lol Range report later

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's sort of my concern as well. I'd really like to see a side-by-sides of the M&P9 Shield, M&P9c and an LC9 to better visualize the differences.

I had a PF9 for a short time, and now carry a PM9. It's just the right size for pocket carry. The Shield looks like it may be a tad to big.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd be all over it if the so-called "safety" lever was optional like it is in the rest of the M&P line. At least it doesn't also have a magazine disconnect like the Ruger LC9. Those 2 features torpedo'ed the Ruger for me.

Guess those of us who see such "safety" features as opportunities to fail have to stick with the thinner/lighter Kahr CW9 if we want a single stack 9 in this price range.

The S&W Shield was so close, I'm really disappointed. Seriously. :(

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A 1911 is a BIG gun to carry and heavy for as few of rounds as it holds. This holds as many in a tiny package. Hardly an even comparison. This WILL be my new summer shorts deep concealed option for the summer. I have been looking for a better option than my BodyGuard 380.

I have been wanting a small conceal pistol....but the bodyguard was too small, and I am a lefty. The MP's can be used with either hand. This may fit the bill, if it fits my hand.

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I got to look at one today at Midwest Guns in Mishawaka, I'm not a big safety fan either, but the safety was small and set tight to the gun. I tried to get it to "accidently" engage and disengage and I couldn't get it to do it. So if I have no choice but to have a safety this one would be acceptable to me.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'm with theweakerbrother on this one. I would love to see a no-safety version. I'm still going to check it out though.

I can't carry my FS M&P 9 or my G30 AIWB, but this would probably be great for that.

Top Bottom