• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Does anyone know how much the Pro model would benefit from the Apex sear? I plan on ordering one for my 9c but I'm trying to decide if it is worth it for my Pro, as it shoots fairly smooth already.

Thanks

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    I haven't heard one bad thing yet.Heard the factory put 50,000 rounds thru one without cleaning it and no misfires.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Some,,,

My Pro with no APEX = 4.8 lbs

My .40 with the Apex = 3.4 lbs

Thanks for the response. Wow so the regular (non-Pro) has quite a bit lighter pull than the Pro. I got a reply from Randy at Apex and he said that most people say the sear is worth it for the Pro's as it usually reduces the weight by at least .5 lb. and shortens the reset.

Did you install the sear yourself? Also, does the Apex sear get rid of the gritty feel of the trigger?

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Thanks for the response. Wow so the regular (non-Pro) has quite a bit lighter pull than the Pro. I got a reply from Randy at Apex and he said that most people say the sear is worth it for the Pro's as it usually reduces the weight by at least .5 lb. and shortens the reset.

Did you install the sear yourself? Also, does the Apex sear get rid of the gritty feel of the trigger?

I had Nick at IndyGunWorks install it and do some polishing in addition to the Apex.

You can install it easily per the Apex Sear Install video you can find on You Tube. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAJKLHNRF04]YouTube - Hard Sear Install.wmv[/ame]

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Just my 2 cents, my M&P 9c has been flawless, and really fits my hand. I also have a Glock 19 that just doesn't fit that well. They're similar in size though.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I just rolled 400 rds through mine. 200 rds were simply rapid fire succession to get a feel for it (with no intention for accuracy). I then started sighting it for the next 200 rds. It shot a shade low to the right. I'd like to put it side by side with a G19 and see the difference.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have the 9 Pro & a 9c. I have owned Glocks & HK's and would have to say that I shoot my M&P's better. I think that S&W has made a real winner.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    By chance could you PM me your name so I know who to ask for?

I don't work there but I am a range member and just offering to you that you can shoot any of the two that I have if you would like to get a feel for the gun before you purchase. Just the cost of ammo and some range time is all you would have to foot.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Ahh, I understand. I plan on buying one in the next week or so. When do you think you'll be back up there and I'll try and make my schedule work?

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Ahh, I understand. I plan on buying one in the next week or so. When do you think you'll be back up there and I'll try and make my schedule work?

Weekends are best. Or weekdays after 4pm. Send me a pm when you think u may want to shoot. Try and find you some .40 ammo before hand i know you dont wanna pay their prices for ammo.

Last edited:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Today I held a M&P Compact next to a Glock 26 that I have been wanting to get, and now I am confused, I really like the M&P C better in terms of grip and feel..

I don't know if I can own 3 M&P's , one of each size,, is that legal
    willy_nilly.gif

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Today I held a M&P Compact next to a Glock 26 that I have been wanting to get, and now I am confused, I really like the M&P C better in terms of grip and feel..

I don't know if I can own 3 M&P's , one of each size,, is that legal
    willy_nilly.gif

You know you want the M&P. You also know that a $29 Apex Tactical sear will give you a trigger that is better than any Glock. I don't get it... Where's the confusion? :dunno:

If you really just want the Glock feel, you could just get a brick and hold it for a while.;)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You know you want the M&P. You also know that a $29 Apex Tactical sear will give you a trigger that is better than any Glock. I don't get it... Where's the confusion? :dunno:

If you really just want the Glock feel, you could just get a brick and hold it for a while.;)
    It doesn't feel much different. And it sure doesn't feel like a brick. :dunno:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It doesn't feel much different. And it sure doesn't feel like a brick. :dunno:

The feel between the M&P and Glock is as different as night and day. I was a little off with my brick comment. I should have said a brick with stubble. ;)

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    When I saw the Compact and held one for the first time I was surprised honestly,,,I am really like the M&P -Compact, the Beveled slide, and the grip pushed me over the edge

Had I not been picking up another pistol, I probably would have snagged it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom