• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    what is the average price?? and i am sure someone has had some kind of issues with it, i have seen postings that there is some kind of rubbing or scratching towards the front of the gun

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I have a compact and full size in the .45 persuasion. They rock. I think some people do not like the trigger pull, but I think it gets better over time. I do plan on changing out the sear on one to see what happens.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The M&P History:
    The Smith & Wesson M&P (Military & Police) has always been a highly respected revolver from its introduction to today. Introduced in 1899, it became the standard by which every other medium-frame double-action revolver would be judged--as well as serving as the launching platform for one of the most influential handgun cartridges in history: the .38 S&W Special. The popularity of the M&P (aka Model 10) revolver grew so quickly that it was the most widely used police revolver in the free world. In fact, the Model 10 and M&P revolver variants have seen the longest uninterrupted run of any handgun in history, as it is still in production today.

The M&P line grew into a new brand of semi-auto handguns in 2006, and has become the biggest product launch in S&W's history. The company has been producing semi-auto handguns for more than 60 years, but it was not until 2006 that Smith & Wesson would roll out a semi-auto worthy of the M&P logo. Before embarking on the process of building a new pistol, S&W personnel conducted extensive interviews of law enforcement and military agencies, competitive shooters, and civilian gun owners. The information enabled engineers to include a number of features these varied groups thought were desirable. If you are going to build the finest modern tactical pistol, it is a good idea to get input of those who will use it.

Since, its introduction in 2006 the M&P has won more than 600 LE agency "issue weapon" contracts. (Source: S&W marketing) That is more new contracts than any other brand in that time period.

The NEW M&P semi-auto really is a worthy heir to the brand's name and reputation.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    The M&P History:
    The Smith & Wesson M&P (Military & Police) has always been a highly respected revolver from its introduction to today. Introduced in 1899, it became the standard by which every other medium-frame double-action revolver would be judged--as well as serving as the launching platform for one of the most influential handgun cartridges in history: the .38 S&W Special. The popularity of the M&P (aka Model 10) revolver grew so quickly that it was the most widely used police revolver in the free world. In fact, the Model 10 and M&P revolver variants have seen the longest uninterrupted run of any handgun in history, as it is still in production today.

The M&P line grew into a new brand of semi-auto handguns in 2006, and has become the biggest product launch in S&W's history. The company has been producing semi-auto handguns for more than 60 years, but it was not until 2006 that Smith & Wesson would roll out a semi-auto worthy of the M&P logo. Before embarking on the process of building a new pistol, S&W personnel conducted extensive interviews of law enforcement and military agencies, competitive shooters, and civilian gun owners. The information enabled engineers to include a number of features these varied groups thought were desirable. If you are going to build the finest modern tactical pistol, it is a good idea to get input of those who will use it.

Since, its introduction in 2006 the M&P has won more than 600 LE agency "issue weapon" contracts. (Source: S&W marketing) That is more new contracts than any other brand in that time period.

The NEW M&P semi-auto really is a worthy heir to the brand's name and reputation.

And to go along with that info...

United States: Drug Enforcement Administration[12]Detroit Police Department, Atlanta Police Dept., Miami Police Department, Milwaukee Police Dept., Cincinnati Police Dept., Colorado State Patrol, New Mexico State Police, New Hampshire State Police, Iowa State Patrol, North Carolina State Highway Patrol, Washington State Patrol, Washington State Park System, and the Raleigh Police Dept. Currently the M&P Pistol has been adopted by 505 Police Departments across the country.[13], (North Carolina) The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police adopted the M&P40 in the Spring of 2008 with full size pistols going to uniformed officers and supervisors while detectives and command staff have the option of either the full size or compact M&P40C.

Smith & Wesson M&P - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buy one you wont regret it...There is a pro in both .40 and 9mm now either 5" or 4.25" tht both include upgrades from smith performance center. I wouldnt pay more than $550 for a standard m&p period. The pro may cost you 100 dollars more, or you can just purchase an apex sear and viola...theres your pro m&p!

I own two....both in .40... sorry for the crappy pic i just took with my cell while laying in bed...

picture.php

Better pic...

picture.php

picture.php

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    M&P = awesomeness. To say its awesome is actually a bit of an understatement, but its completely awesome.

FYI, trigger sear is the first thing to upgrade though. And take out the confounded mag disconnect. After you do those 2 things you are left with the perfect polymer semi automatic pistol.

O ya best part is, it made in the USA, by S&W. :patriot:

21531_235228806600_581381600_3655583_7815612_n.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    going rate is right around $550 from what ive seen. Buds has them for like $530 shipped, then with transfer your back to $550.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    they are great guns and yes you are correct there will be both good and bad reviews as with any gun out there. personally they are not for me as i am a glock guy, but i could never say anything bad about them. it is just personal prefference so if you like the m&p i say go for it, you wont regret it. good luck with your decision.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In my opinion, the M&P line along with awesome customer service has allowed a once beleaguered company (which caved to the Clinton's when the lawsuits started coming down) to rise from the ashes. Frankly, I would not have touched a Smith 3-4 years ago, but the change in ownership, the quality of the piece, and the customer service brought me into the fold.

In my opinion, it's a better Glock, and that is not a knock on the Glocks as they are fine pieces. Let's face it though, virtually all of the manufacturers learned from Glock, and some have improved upon it while Glock did nothing to update their gun (until the Gen 4 came out just recently, though I don't think it's enough to put them back ahead of the curve). The folks I know who have complained about Glocks, are mainly talking about the customer service and it's lackluster attitude toward fixing issues. Timeliness has also been an issue with Glock, but this will happen when a company has been on top of the heap for as long as they have been in this market.

I've heard good things about S&W customer service and have experienced some of it in the last 6 months. No problems with the gun, just looking to find accessories etc. They've also sent me finger groove mag plates for free.

That said, it does have drawbacks including the trigger which is a bit too heavy IMO, and slightly rough as was mentioned. Reset is not as good as the Glock. Change out the sear or have it worked on and you've got the best piece of plastic on the market at the moment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Add my :yesway: to the M&P. I have the 9mm full sized and I love it. I got mine new for $499.00. It's my favorite to shoot. I'm looking to get a compact in the future! :)

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The M&P Pro 9mm is by far my favorite shooter. The trigger on the pro is great and the accuracy is better then me. With match grade ammo they are tack drivers. Did I just say that a pistol is a tack driver? Yes I did.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom