• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yesterday finally got my 4006 out to test in the backyard. After reading/hearing about all the hype about 40cal and the recoil difference. I could not feel a difference. Maybe the weight of the olight on the front helped or I haven't shot since with usmccookie, but was quicker to get back on target and at 10yds all 5 were center on a 9in paper plate.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    That 1026 is just a great gun!

What happened to your right side decocker lever on the 4566?

I’ll bet you have good response. I have lots of trade offer on my CS45 and 6906. Some that have been pretty good in my favor but I’m looking for the safe to pay for some thjngs itself.

That was the first thing I saw. But for the price finding the replacement isnt too bad or expensive.

Sorry, totally forgot I posted here. That's how I bought the 4566. I too, thought I would eventually get it fixed, but never got around to doing it. It's just sat in the safe. Now it's time to pay for things and the collection is easy to thin in some places. Shouldn't have got in 45 S&W's to be honest. I'm going to really focus down to 9 & 40 (and keep a couple 10mm). I've got a CS45 that I'd probably sell too, to be honest. And I didn't even realize it, but I've got a 457 two-tone that I'd let go too.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    .40 can be snappy in a poly framed sub-compact. A steel frame service pistol,.....not so much. People need to keep things in context.

A steel framed .40 is a *****cat to shoot. Even the Glock 27 is not snappy unless you shoot it after shooting a 9mm. If you shoot the G27 first, you don’t feel the snappiness at all.

But, you never feel any snappiness in a steel framed .40. It’s near the perfect combo of handgun and caliber. I think that I need to take the 4006 out again. Been a month or two since I’ve shot it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sorry, totally forgot I posted here. That's how I bought the 4566. I too, thought I would eventually get it fixed, but never got around to doing it. It's just sat in the safe. Now it's time to pay for things and the collection is easy to thin in some places. Shouldn't have got in 45 S&W's to be honest. I'm going to really focus down to 9 & 40 (and keep a couple 10mm). I've got a CS45 that I'd probably sell too, to be honest. And I didn't even realize it, but I've got a 457 two-tone that I'd let go too.

Id probably bite on the cs45 over the summer if listed and not sold. Going to try really hard to stick to my one blatant gun buy a year, unless I decide to sell my Honda Shadow. Ive got 3 or 4 firearms I might/ am in the process of parting with.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Id probably bite on the cs45 over the summer if listed and not sold. Going to try really hard to stick to my one blatant gun buy a year, unless I decide to sell my Honda Shadow. Ive got 3 or 4 firearms I might/ am in the process of parting with.

I know how that is, I forgot about some of the other hobbies I've got, and recently got back into them as well. Model trains, almost more expensive than guns, I tell you what.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Made the drive to Indy for the 3914 Ladysmith that was posted. Only made 1yr 1990 to 1991. Has Ladysmith etched on the slide.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Bought snorko's 4006 mags which now puts me at 18 mags for my only 40.
    Been watching 4506's since the beginning of the year and 95% of them have sold above 525 minus shipping and transfer fees. Makes me feel better about paying 515 back in 2012.

Otherwise also picked up a 439 mag release nut which is taller than the 5906 one. Will good go once I get around to building my 5906 stripped frame into a target pistol. Will try to source a new barrel and if need be send to allenm with the slide to have him fit like he did the wide hood 4506 barrel to my narrow hood slide.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I loved my SW 3rd generation (5906 if memory serves) but sold them since I didn't want to spend the money on adjustable rear sights b/c they were not shooting to POI.
    I had bought a 4006 (I think) 40 caliber b/c it had adjustable rear sights and it shot to POI, and loved it, but decided I didn't want to keep only one 40 caliber.
    Could be my biggest mistake in selling a gun that I'll regret it in the long run.
    I was looking and researching about a SW 6906 in the Classifieds today, in memory of my love for the three 3rd gen Smiths that I had, but since it doesn't have rear adjustable sights I didn't pursue it.
    If it shot POI, I'd be tempted, but that hasn't been my experience or in reading about them (w/o rear adjustable sights): maybe it's just me. :dunno:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If there is a source of 4506 mags I hope you post it...when and if you find them cheap!!
    the one I snagged only had one mag. But the box and paperwork made up for it.

Usually ebay or gb is what I browse, though I havenr bought any 4505 mags for a while as I have off the top of my head close to 16. If you can find them for 25 shipped or less snag them up. Also midway usa sometime runs a sale from time to time.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    A nice 1006 was on armslist for 875 a day or 2 ago. Im sure its sold by now. Otherwise should be adding a 908 to my collection in a few hrs. Wish I had an extra 700 on hand would of bought both the 6906 and 3953 thats been floating around.

Top Bottom