• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My auction box of grips and misc arrives today a full 2 days earlier than expected. Go for my background check on the frame in an hr and determine if gets a refinish or comes home today.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got some before pics. He's going to blast it for me no charge. Should be ready sunday or monday at the lastest. Otherwise didn't see any cracks or breaks. Had a nick on the dust cover I'll have to hit with a stone but should be a good platform.

Will be bringing a cz 50 to get a price for hot bluing and will drop off to have him do if under 200.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    From the auction I have 7 grips to eventually sell off. I have a used 4006/5906 straight back that I took off the CHP that was beat up and replaced with a NOS curved from the lot. Got a 4506 curved back, 3 curved back 6900 grips, 1 4516/4013/457 straight back, and 1 straight back 3913.

All the grips except the one I replaced appear to be NOS as rhey were a pain to swap on the ones I own to figure out which was which. Also got a sccy mag and an unknown mecgar mag that may fit the sccy.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I think I'm going to thin out my 3rd Gen collection a bit, trying to decide what I really want to let go. Probably one of my 10mm's (1026?), maybe one or more of the 45's (4566TSW, 457 Two-Tone, CS45). List them here? List them armslist? Gunbroker? What say you. Obviously I've found out that selling a SPAS-12 on here isn't a cakewalk these days.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I think I'm going to thin out my 3rd Gen collection a bit, trying to decide what I really want to let go. Probably one of my 10mm's (1026?), maybe one or more of the 45's (4566TSW, 457 Two-Tone, CS45). List them here? List them armslist? Gunbroker? What say you. Obviously I've found out that selling a SPAS-12 on here isn't a cakewalk these days.

I’ve sold two 3rd gens on here in a matter of hours. The other 3 are sitting even though they are priced below most GB sales.

1026....boy, if I had some extra cash....

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I couldn't help but put in my 2 cents of limited experience of selling on Armslist and/or INGO (2.5 yrs.).
    I have learned to put ads in INGO first and if they don't sell in the 1st weekend or two, then Armslist to avoid the grief.
    INGO = no issues at all. A total pleasure.
    Armslist: in all fairness I've met some great guys, many times they are INGO members also.

BUT, this past weekend was the worse.
    Sat. I had a 9 am appt. 25 minutes from the house to sell a gun.
    No show, no call, nothing, from a guy who chatted with me 6 times the night before about meeting me and getting the gun.

Literally 20 minutes later, and INGO member met me (he had 2nds) while I was on that side of town to purchase the gun, so I got lucky on that one.
    Sat. pm I was to meet a guy to sell a gun that I'd texted back and forth the night before: another no show, no call.
    But, I sold a gun later that day to a guy on Armslist.

Saturday evening 3 different guys were chasing after the same gun wanting it and we were texting back and forth about meeting.
    None followed up, and one guy wanted to come and get it that evening, so I was waiting word to meet, but he just disappeard.
    The other 2 didn't follow up at all either.
    I had told the other 2 guys that someone was ahead of them but he had not made a commitment as to a time, so it was still available: all three didn't follow up.

All total, I had 2 guys no show, and 3 others who said they wanted to buy a gun, but did not follow up.
    This is why I tell everyone "1st come, 1st served." Whoever make the 1st appt. to meet & lives reasonably close will be at the top of the list.
    I do not hold a gun: half the time it does not work out.
    Usually if someone is serious: they have the time & $$, they want to come now, or a little later that day or the very next.

I had a guy from Armlist tell me Sunday evening that he wanted to buy a certain gun, and he would meet after his work Monday, of which could be anywhere from 1 pm to 4 pm.
    It all went as planned and he was delighted with the Ruger SR9c and couldn't believe how sweet the trigger was (the Wizard had upgraded it for his daughter).

So: good, bad, and ugly, all in a long weekend.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I’ve sold two 3rd gens on here in a matter of hours. The other 3 are sitting even though they are priced below most GB sales.

1026....boy, if I had some extra cash....

I've sold a few things on here, I find that the more common mainstream stuff sells quicker. Odd ball stuff, not so much. I'll have to figure out exactly what I want to thin out and just get it listed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've sold a few things on here, I find that the more common mainstream stuff sells quicker. Odd ball stuff, not so much. I'll have to figure out exactly what I want to thin out and just get it listed.

You would probably have sold that Beretta 92FS Inox you have for sale if you lived closer to Indy.
    If it had adjustable sights, I would have bought it myself.
    Always loved that Beretta and in Inox & put wood handles on it: gorgeous!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would hang on to those 10mm's. Getting harder and more expensive to find. Unless you need the cash I would list here and let it ride. I know if I had to sell my 3906 or they'd kill my son I would try to sell to a collector.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I would hang on to those 10mm's. Getting harder and more expensive to find. Unless you need the cash I would list here and let it ride. I know if I had to sell my 3906 or they'd kill my son I would try to sell to a collector.

Hey, stop lying! Those 10mm's are selling cheap!
    I've been itching for a 10mm since I saw that hunter in the classys. Checked out some gen 3s on gb.. man they looked pretty, but equally$$

Top Bottom