• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    If it is not something like a sear or spring issue, I've got a functional CS45 if you need to check measurements or anything.

You wouldn't happen to have just a picture of what the fire control group looks like with the grips off would you? No hurry, I'm waiting on a new disconnector that just shipped today, but I don't want to break another one.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    S&W 3rd Gen Semi Autos

I am ashamed about the lack of detail cleaning.

cd3ff495290e9e469855645dbc34890c.jpg

bdcf64165064cbc917c661ce185411df.jpg

af095fab3f6792943f5739f4ffef9d5e.jpg

574f53aaaab015f058dd0074878cff19.jpg

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Awesome thanks, I'll reference those when I get the parts I need. Hopefully that fixes the problem, otherwise I've got no idea what's wrong with the thing.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Thanks again for the CS45 pictures. I got home from a work trip to find Brownells had delivered the disconnector I had broken previously. With your pictures, I finally understood how that part goes in, and why I broke the original one. In any case, the CS45 works now, at least it function checks ok and will knock a pencil with the firing pin.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Good to hear a 3rd gen is back up and running.

I'm now trying my luck on a 469 complete slide and parts kit since the 3914 parts kit I was hoping to win has crossed $200 not including ship and I could buy a beat up 6904 for 225 plus 15 ship but the wife would frown upon that.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Thanks again for the CS45 pictures. I got home from a work trip to find Brownells had delivered the disconnector I had broken previously. With your pictures, I finally understood how that part goes in, and why I broke the original one. In any case, the CS45 works now, at least it function checks ok and will knock a pencil with the firing pin.

Nice...glad I could help a little. Time for range day!

Good to hear a 3rd gen is back up and running.

I'm now trying my luck on a 469 complete slide and parts kit since the 3914 parts kit I was hoping to win has crossed $200 not including ship and I could buy a beat up 6904 for 225 plus 15 ship but the wife would frown upon that.

You know that S&W probably has crates of parts hidden beneath Area 51.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Nice...glad I could help a little. Time for range day!

You know that S&W probably has crates of parts hidden beneath Area 51.

Probably and if it was made public they would still deny they had any parts while leaking them on the back end through midway and others as limited supply clean out.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Bidding on a slide for a 909 on gunbroker right now, because well, I thought I'd get cute and try to put night sights on the one I had. Well, that turned into an adventure in lots and lots and lots of rust under the original plastic sights and well, not being able to get new ones back on very well. So, I'll keep that slide for a project to try to get something on and have another slide, factory, to go with my 909.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'll be sure to stay away from that auction. I may just go ahead and use the 915 slide and complete my frankenbuild till the slide I want comes my way. Did pick up my 33-1and boy is she sweet. Haven't heard mcapo complain about 3906's in a while, maybe he'll check in on his quest.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Missed a sub-$600 3906. Had a bid in at $575. Sold for $585 while I was at an appointment.

Didn't bother with a 5906 with box auction as the "with box" ones seem to always be high and then it sells for $450.

Also missed the one on the SW that sold instantly and the one with the 5906 slide.

My run of luck on 3rd gens ended at the first of the year...

It's been so bad, I've been looking at buying a G---k....

Enough complaining?

If that's not bad enough, I've got some guy trying to squeeze me out of Model 10 purchase.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I'll be sure to stay away from that auction. I may just go ahead and use the 915 slide and complete my frankenbuild till the slide I want comes my way. Did pick up my 33-1and boy is she sweet. Haven't heard mcapo complain about 3906's in a while, maybe he'll check in on his quest.

I saw one the other day on gunbroker, but it was way too high for me to consider. Neat guns, but I've got a whole bunch of other 3rd gen's to get before a 3906, namely the TSW's.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Missed a sub-$600 3906. Had a bid in at $575. Sold for $585 while I was at an appointment.

Didn't bother with a 5906 with box auction as the "with box" ones seem to always be high and then it sells for $450.

Also missed the one on the SW that sold instantly and the one with the 5906 slide.

My run of luck on 3rd gens ended at the first of the year...

It's been so bad, I've been looking at buying a G---k....

Enough complaining?

If that's not bad enough, I've got some guy trying to squeeze me out of Model 10 purchase.

I'm on a revolver high right now as I keep looking up snubby S&W's with hammers. My PC carbine should be shipping soon so I think when I get that my revolver lust will disappear as I'll want to shoot the heck out of the PC. And if I were to win that 469 slide whenever that ends I may just blow my top thinking too much about these firearms. I'm pretty sure I have a firearm addiction and need to somehow find a way to disconnect from the urge.

Our neighbors were almost scammed and we've had people who don't live in our neighborhood or have been seen to visit someone here turn around in our cul da sac and park. We think if our neighbors left to meet them yesterday someone might of been watching and could of broken in especially if they saw us leave first. Would be nice to have a snub again to put under the pillow when sleeping. Would be easier than trying to mess with the safety on the 457 which is still pretty stiff especially when I leave at night for work and she goes to bed. She wants a firearm with a safety, so all hers have a safety. I think I could make her swing a revolver since the DA is usually greater than 10lbs if the need were to arise while I'm at work.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    or a shotgun while sitting on the front porch the next time they drive in.

I live in a small town and in an older but decent area. We've had a rash of car break in's where they take the garage door remote and enter the house to smash/grab. Pretty sure it is thugs from Fort Wayne.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    or a shotgun while sitting on the front porch the next time they drive in.

I live in a small town and in an older but decent area. We've had a rash of car break in's where they take the garage door remote and enter the house to smash/grab. Pretty sure it is thugs from Fort Wayne.

There are only 2 other house down here at the bottom and I think there are 20 houses total on our street. Our neighbors are in their late 80's early 90's. He is a Korean War Marine Vet and I ended up buying him a USMC flag to fly on his mailbox. I don't think the scammers or people who would mess with them get the connection Marines have no matter the age gap. I told my wife I guess I'll have to start sitting in the garage more often with a shotgun in my lap.

Top Bottom