Russian ground troops and MIGs in Syria.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Reuters reporting that, according to unnamed Lebanese sources, Russian ground troops are active on the ground.

Exclusive: Russian troops join combat in Syria - sources | Reuters

Two of the Lebanese sources said the Russians were establishing two bases in Syria, one near the coast and one further inland which would be an operations base.
    "The Russians are no longer just advisors," one of the sources said. "The Russians have decided to join the war against terrorism."

That second statement is interesting to me. The Russians have been fighting the "war against terrorism" arguably longer than we have. And far less diplomatically. Effectiveness is a mixed bag, too.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Doesn't seem to mean anything to some people.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Let's see how well this works out for Germany.

Also: guilt trips as policy are ****ing lame. "think of the children!!!"

latest

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

As written before the implementation of the welfare state.

Oh, you mean that poem that was tacked on Lady Liberty 17 years after it went up? So what.

Just another liberal re-writing history.

Wait.....I always thought that was curse from the French......I thought it came that way.

It will be interesting to see what ISIS can do versus Russian troops.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And yes, I'd rather we take in refugees from Syria and Iraq than send our soldiers there to bleed and die in that region again. You're welcome to go and volunteer, though. The Kurds are always open to accepting volunteers.

I take it you're going to volunteer to house and feed one of these refugee families? It's the right thing to do, is that correct? And, of course, it's MUCH more acceptable to you, apparently, to fight a war on OUR soil rather than somebody else's soil. But, when we DO end up having to fight that war on our soil instead of theirs, will you then be open to finishing the job over there so we don't have to do it again and again and again HERE?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's way more cost effective to just send cash and supplies to support refugees in turkey or maybe jordan instead of flying them over here. That, and those refugee camps could make good recruiting offices for the "moderate rebels" that the BO admin has been talking about arming.

Yeah, but then you don't get the benefit of further balkanizing American society, which is apparently a goal of this Administration.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    For those that want to keep bringing illegal immigrants and refugees - you should send more money to the government to help them. Perhaps start a gofundme site. My opinion is that we need to get our country / house in order before we can help anyone else. What good is it to give welfare to all these people if we won't even take care of our own let alone the travesty of the care of our veterans. What is going to happen when there is not enough $ to pay for all the welfare? What do we give up instead?

And if some of these refugees turn out to be terrorists, do you not think a couple acts will cause the gun grabbers to go bonkers? We already have muslims looking to change our laws and follow Sharia law ie Texas, Tennessee. We are already teaching Islam in some public schools, yet Christianity is shunned.

Personally I think it's opening Pandora's box and we as a nation are going to reap what we sow

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Obama: We Should Remember 9/11 By Agreeing To Take In At Least 10,000 Syrian Refugees

Excerpt:

So what's your priority? Humanitarian relief knowing you will pay for it in terrorism to one degree or another down the road or security?

For me it's security and the only way to ensure it from this cohort of refugees is abstinence.

I'm closer to Rand Paul than I am Marco Rubio on the surveillance state. I'll be damned if you tell me I have to keep accepting a bigger security state while willing you're importing more threats.

In a way this is the Holy Grail of government...we need more security and bigger government, we should also import more threats, now that we've imported more threats we need bigger government, and so on and so on and so on. It's the self-licking ice cream cone.

But as Peggy Noonan points out, it doesn't matter what the littles want or don't want. The elites want open borders and by God they will have them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Judging by what the Syrians have been through already, I would guess that any radicalised islamists are going to have a hard row to hoe with that strategy. They're already fleeing from that sort. They're talking to the wrong people, they've already seen what comes of that nonsense.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom