Russian ground troops and MIGs in Syria.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm sure they've been through enough to make them see the light and be reasonable law abiding citizens. Just don't draw a cartoon of Mohamed.

After the Saudi's follow their Turkey plan and export Wahhabisism by building a 'cultural center' in every town it won't matter where they came from.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Saudi Arabia offers Germany 200 mosques ? one for every 100 refugees who arrived last weekend - Europe - World - The Independent

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

That is freaking AWESOME!!!!!! Look how good the Saudis are treating Germany. What a generuous country.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Apparently the administration turned down an offer by the Russians to dump Assad in 2012. This was right about the time that the president declared a "red line" that Assad should not cross that turned out to be flimsier than tissue paper. :n00b:

Russia proposed more than three years ago that Syria’s president, Bashar al-Assad, could step down as part of a peace deal, according to a senior negotiator involved in back-channel discussions at the time.

Former Finnish president and Nobel peace prize laureate Martti Ahtisaari said western powers failed to seize on the proposal. Since it was made, in 2012, tens of thousands of people have been killed and millions uprooted, causing the world’s gravest refugee crisis since the second world war.

The humanitarian and geopolitical toll of this missed opportunity are mind blowing and will continue well into the future.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Wow. Did not see that coming, but it does make sense.

Just to throw in a little Bible prophecy, Ezekiel 38 & 39 mentions an alliance between Gog, Magog and Persia. Along with some other nations, they attack Israel. Most prophecy scholars will tell you Gog is the leader of the people of Magog. Magog is identified as Russia. Iran was called Persia until 1935. When I read the news article I posted, this was the first thing that came to my mind.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just to throw in a little Bible prophecy, Ezekiel 38 & 39 mentions an alliance between Gog, Magog and Persia. Along with some other nations, they attack Israel. Most prophecy scholars will tell you Gog is the leader of the people of Magog. Magog is identified as Russia. Iran was called Persia until 1935. When I read the news article I posted, this was the first thing that came to my mind.

Interesting, but if Gog is the ruler of Magog, why would he need an alliance with them?

(Total derail setting up.)

Edit:
    Actually, upon further reflection, there's actually a way it kinda makes sense.

Several outlets (like the BBC) have reported Russians in Syria (most likely soldiers) posting pics of Putin/Assad propaganda. If Magog is Syria, Gog could be Putin, who basically is becoming the defacto leader. "Gog alliance with Magog" describes the proxy relationship.

BTW, I generally think of end-times prophecy as complete hogwash (or worse). At the same time, I do not automatically reject that prophets might actually have prophesied.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Syria crisis: US and Russian defence chiefs discuss conflict - BBC News

The US is seeking military talks with Russia on Syria, and hopes they could take place "very shortly", Secretary of State John Kerry has said.
    The US and Russia differ sharply on Syria, and Washington has been concerned about Russia's increased military presence there.

"We're looking for ways in which to find a common ground," said Mr Kerry.

Arriving in London for talks with the UAE, Mr Kerry told reporters: "The president believes that military-to-military conversation is an important next step and hopefully will take place very shortly."

I can summarize the give and take in that conversation:

American General: So... uh... you've got some people in Syria, eh?
    Russian General: Yes. Are you going to try to do somezing about it?
    American: No, probably not.
    Russian: Exactly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I have two questions for Mr. Kerry. Isn't talking to foreign governments to avoid and/or deescalate conflicts the entire reason for the existence of the State Department? Is Obama now saying that the military is better able to handle your job as well as their own?

For extra credit: Does this mean that your back channel support for ISIS to overthrow Assad while giving lip service to fighting them can finally be declared a failure?

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Another reason to support Putin in Syria: it will likely bring a stop to the refugee stream coming out of Syria and even allow some to return. Want to argue that? Than please answer what America is doing to staunch the human misery and ruined lives that has led to the largest refugee crisis since WW2.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    81% Of Syrians Believe US Is To Blame For ISIS | Zero Hedge

Keep that in mind when the president wants to invite 10,000 of them into the United States.

I think the case can reasonably be made that we are more than partially responsible for the rise of IS. We set everything in motion that led to them arising. They are our blowback for Iraq. We are responsible for driving the sunni remnants of Saddam's armed forces into their ranks by not allowing them a place in the new Iraq. I'd say those Syrians have a pretty decent grasp of what's happened.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think the case can reasonably be made that we are more than partially responsible for the rise of IS. We set everything in motion that led to them arising. They are our blowback for Iraq. We are responsible for driving the sunni remnants of Saddam's armed forces into their ranks by not allowing them a place in the new Iraq. I'd say those Syrians have a pretty decent grasp of what's happened.

We didn't have anything to do with "allowing" Sunnis to do anything. We encouraged the Iraqis to form their own government and solve their own issues. What we FAILED to do, was to stay around long enough to keep tribalism from overshadowing nationalism. We would have done as well to (damn, I hate to type this) follow Joe Biden's advice and partition Iraq into Sunni, Shia, and Kurd nations. Giving the Kurds their own land (and the means to defend it - ala Israel) might have taken some of the pressure off Turkey and Syria. Or it might not have. But it damn sure couldn't have made things worse than quitting the job before it was finished.

Top Bottom