• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I hadn't realized the Russians were in control of Istanbul at some point. The Greeks can't have it because they can't even afford their own nation. I'm not sure how strong you claim is on it, nor anyone else's, but the turks seem to have a pretty legit argument.

They weren't, but as the self-appointed successors to Byzantium, there are some who believe it's their duty to restore it to Christendom.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I guess he takes it personal when it's somebody else doing the assassinating. As far as I'm concerned the ambassador was fair game.

I'm not saying Putin has a soul, but if he did, it would probably hurt to lose someone who works for you, and that you have interacted with on an ongoing basis. But I hear you on the Russians getting what they get. I hate it for this guy, but you don't go helping a dictator wipe out a bunch of his people and get off the hook.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    These are catchy too...

[video=youtube;1Q3a38H1EPc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3a38H1EPc[/video]

[video=youtube;3Lw1RSfjJTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw1RSfjJTI[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not saying Putin has a soul, but if he did, it would probably hurt to lose someone who works for you, and that you have interacted with on an ongoing basis. But I hear you on the Russians getting what they get. I hate it for this guy, but you don't go helping a dictator wipe out a bunch of his people and get off the hook.

Yeah, it sucks to be that guy, but he got whacked because of the govt he represents. Russia has actively sought to take out the leadership of those representing ISIS and the other Syrian opposition forces. Often they kill innocents. If this guy represented one of those groups, who do you say he was wrong (not taking into account ideology)? He whacked a member of the Russian leadership, and didn't harm a soul other than his intended target. Would it have been better if he was flying a warplane and dropped a bomb on the galley? :dunno:

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I'd rather he didn't murder anyone at all, if we are picking fantasy scenarios.

The headlines claiming Putin vowed to destroy ISIS in his statement are sensational and he said no such thing. People love to believe that world leaders will take the actions they are too impotent to take, so I can see why news outlets would twist it up that way.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, it sucks to be that guy, but he got whacked because of the govt he represents. Russia has actively sought to take out the leadership of those representing ISIS and the other Syrian opposition forces. Often they kill innocents. If this guy represented one of those groups, who do you say he was wrong (not taking into account ideology)? He whacked a member of the Russian leadership, and didn't harm a soul other than his intended target. Would it have been better if he was flying a warplane and dropped a bomb on the galley? :dunno:

I didn't mean to imply he was wrong. Like you said, it was a successful assassination of his enemy. Maybe he could have done better than get himself killed in the process, but that speaks to his professionalism.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I guess he takes it personal when it's somebody else doing the assassinating. As far as I'm concerned the ambassador was fair game.
    Two different schools of thought here Kut.

First, an Ambassador comes under State Department in our case and under the Foreign Minister for the Rooskies. These types are non-combatants/not a lawful target.

The other way to look at it is that when your country is cluster bombing civilians and propping up a dictator who has used chems against civilians? Karma is a real biatch.

Top Bottom