• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    This winter is going to wreck Europe's resolve. A large turnover in Congress may cut Ukraine off. Russia is continuing to make bank on high oil and gas prices. Ukrainian bodies and Western cash will run out long before Russia runs out of people and stuff.

That peace deal that BoJo shut down is starting to look pretty good.
    You nailed it. I saw that reported the other day that BoJo flew in in person just to queer the deal. Well it’s too late now.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    All of our current leaders wanted this war so bad they could taste it.
    Of course they did!!! Follow the money.

13.7 billion more for Ukraine!!!

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would be looking at hitting targets deep in russia.
    Power plants.
    Distribution centers
    etc

Yeah, that's one thing I want to ask and I understand I do not have my arms around Ukraine's capacity and do not expect them to have the MDO ability of the Americans, but why aren't they hitting deep?

Shooting up train tracks, train stations, power plants, airfields, fuel dumps, inter alia.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I may be wrong, but I'm thinking the more they shoot up Russians, and infrastructure, in Russia, the less fun Mr. Putin's going to find this little exercise in adventurism.
    I do not think you understand the Russian's. Russia has not been attacking power plants(Ukraine has been doing that since 2014 in Donbass and Crimea) for a reason. The Russian public would support the war even more if that were to happen.

A reason I might add we learned in Iraq when the USA considered them military targets.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Canada has 5 Siemens turbines that were sent to be refurbished from Nord1 and Germany still has one(that has been delayed for close to 6 months now). Nordstream one was down to the main line having just one pump. It started leaking badly a few days ago flooding a bunch of control panels with oil.
    The gas is now off. No more natural gas for the EU from Russia. Russia has blamed sanctions that have kept the pumps from being delivered. Russia proposed a solution. To use Nord Stream 2 which has all Russian built pumps and equipment and is ready to go. The EU rejected that idea based on existing sanctions against Nordstream 2(it could be operational in 3 days according to the EU,but na we do not have companies that will profit from it).

Russia in response to both the refusal to deliver Siemens pumps or to open Nord2 was to point out gas could not be delivered unless they had the pumps to do it(for nord1),which has not happened in more than 6 months. So the gas is off and will stay off this time unless pumps are delivered.

I would hate to live in the EU at the moment considering most of their power grid is also natural gas based. It is going to be a rough winter over there.

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield
    Canada has 5 Siemens turbines that were sent to be refurbished from Nord1 and Germany still has one(that has been delayed for close to 6 months now). Nordstream one was down to the main line having just one pump. It started leaking badly a few days ago flooding a bunch of control panels with oil.
    The gas is now off. No more natural gas for the EU from Russia. Russia has blamed sanctions that have kept the pumps from being delivered. Russia proposed a solution. To use Nord Stream 2 which has all Russian built pumps and equipment and is ready to go. The EU rejected that idea based on existing sanctions against Nordstream 2(it could be operational in 3 days according to the EU,but na we do not have companies that will profit from it).

Russia in response to both the refusal to deliver Siemens pumps or to open Nord2 was to point out gas could not be delivered unless they had the pumps to do it(for nord1),which has not happened in more than 6 months. So the gas is off and will stay off this time unless pumps are delivered.

I would hate to live in the EU at the moment considering most of their power grid is also natural gas based. It is going to be a rough winter over there.
    Pure insanity. What difference should it make to the average European whether the Donbass is controlled by a corrupt regime in Moscow or a corrupt regime in Kiev? Enough that they're willing to freeze to death this winter? The world has gone mad.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Looks like Europe has decided on hyperinflationary money printing this week as their way to solve a supply crisis, because printing paper makes more gas appear. :rolleyes:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The mighty Russian bear. Bought drones from Iran that don't work. Now, buying rockets and artillery shells from the Norks to continue Pootie's adventures is invading a country with a 3rd rate military.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom