Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am fairly certain that we are feeding intelligence info to the Ukrainians. We have satellites and possibly Global Hawk that could provide nearly real time information. I am sure we still have a few competent folks that are studying the Russians and how this is all unfolding.

Let’s say we happen to get satellite info showing some transports being loaded with airborne troops. Then we see them take off. Isn’t it likely we could pass that info to the Ukrainians who then act on it?
    You damn right we do. the US space based intelligence is amazing.. and as trump tweeted that iran picture, you can see the detail.. We know so much if someone even farts in moscow. And its just not visual. We have ELINT birds with antennas the size of 3 football fields. And yep, im sure its being fed right to Ukraine.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

He doesn't seem to be running.

And that order for men not to leave the country doesn't seem to be needed. 1000s are showing up to get issued an AK and fight.

Campaigns
    If a foreign country invades here I won't be taking prisoners unless we need intelligence.
    Prisoners are a lot of work and consume resources

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You damn right we do. the US space based intelligence is amazing.. and as trump tweeted that iran picture, you can see the detail.. We know so much if someone even farts in moscow. And its just not visual. We have ELINT birds with antennas the size of 3 football fields. And yep, im sure its being fed right to Ukraine.
    Hope it's better than our surveillance drones. You would think that a multi million dollar drones made specifically for surveillance would have better quality than they do.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The Russians reported that 16 Ukrainian boats attacked Russian ships yesterday, 6 of which were destroyed. The Russians suspect that American UAVs helped the Ukrainians with footage.
    Also unconfirmed, but there was a Global Hawk in the area....

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Does everyone know the three countries that abstained from voting against the Russian invasion of Ukraine yesterday at the UN? They where China,India,and Israel.
    May hear mention of China in the media,but seriously doubt you hear much about the other 2.
    Wonder why?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Does everyone know the three countries that abstained from voting against the Russian invasion of Ukraine yesterday at the UN? They where China,India,and Israel.
    May hear mention of China in the media,but seriously doubt you hear much about the other 2.
    Is there a point here?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    China is getting nervous about the potential economic disruptions the west might cause for them.

Now here's an opening for serious statesmanship to be used to end this war.
    I have wondered whether Putin really wanted all of Ukraine or just the breakaway parts he already effectively controlled, the rest to be 'digested' later. One possibility, which would require an invasion that seemed real, would be to have the west offer to let him keep those breakaway parts at little or no cost to Russia sanctions-wise (and, of course, a quick resumption of NG purchases)

We will find out soon, I guess. I expect NATO to give them anything they want to stop a full scale war, I just can't decide whether Putin will likely take the easy win or take it all. France leading the NATO reaction force, while slightly better than Germany, does not inspire a great deal of confidence that they will rise to the occasion

Russia has thrown about threats of nuclear war, I think NATO should provide air support for Ukraine and call what is likely a bluff

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Looks like a pile of ADS which Russian Spetsnaz uses.

No, they are Tavors. It wouldn't make any sense for spies masquerading as Ukranian troops to be carrying Russian issued weapons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom