• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screachin93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Bluffton
    My line of work ive had to take certification tests for an active shooter situation and found it weird that even if your trained for combat they still tell u run hide then if needed fight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Run and Hide might be better named "seek cover and proceed to shoot" depending on the situation. Certainly better to be behind cover, or failing that concealment, when you can.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't forget you can fire the fire extinguisher into the face of the shooter. I have used some dry chem and it goes all over the place and doesn't taste good. The cold one will also hurt. Then beat the #%^%$ off of the shooter.

That stuff goes all over the place.
    As bad for you as him.
    Hit him with it.
    Mulitple people attacking means he can't take everyone out. (hopefully anyway)..
    They also were on each side of the door, and in front. Good. Multiple directions.
    And someone, please duct tape that one woman's mouth shut. If you can't help, at least stay out of the way.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Couldn't have happened, he went right past a 30.06 sign that protected everyone inside. Which does highlight where these things happen. It is important to remember that even when disarmed, you're still armed with a prepared mind; exits, alternative and improvised weapons are key if put in a situation of needing to fight to survive.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I noticed an editing problem. When the guy was walking up to the glass doors, there was no sign. Then as the door closed there was suddenly a 30.06 sign on it. Must have been made in Texas.

The sign is on the bottom half of the door....... So the five year old girls can see it!:D

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Would of liked to see the same training video done again- only this time, most of the workers there are armed.

Once the perp got a surprise shot or two off, he turns around and see's a half-dozen co-workers with guns drawn, pointing them at his head, ready to clean his shoulders...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Something I see a LOT of persons doing is focusing on the thought that you have to have a Firearms to Fight an Active Shooter Scenario. Hell there are quite a few who seem to think that it takes a Firearm to fight a fight.

Maybe I was brought up differently. I was always told that I am the Weapon, and everything us is just tools to do the job... :dunno:

One of countless tools available. With the proper mindset, the world is your tool box.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought it was very well done.

The credits listed DHS first...doubtful.
    The Houston mayors office second...much more likely.
    The regional HLS last.

Thank you Texas, Houston we have a go.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Something I see a LOT of persons doing is focusing on the thought that you have to have a Firearms to Fight an Active Shooter Scenario. Hell there are quite a few who seem to think that it takes a Firearm to fight a fight.

Maybe I was brought up differently. I was always told that I am the Weapon, and everything us is just tools to do the job... :dunno:

:+1: You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool! If you don't have the will to fight, then get out of the way of those of us who do!

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    The credits listed DHS first...doubtful.
    I think Janet Incompetano's people get credit only because the video was paid for with a federal grant.

You gotta kiss the @ss of the money source if you want to keep the checks coming. Same as in Hollywood.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I am posting this on FB and telling everyone to watch this at least twice. This is a very useful vid for when you are in a place where you have no gun like an office, especially like me, working in an office in Chicago

Top Bottom