• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    We can mess with each other, but if an outsider messes with one of us he messes with all or us!

Navy(submarines) 1995-1997 DAV

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    We can mess with each other, but if an outsider messes with one of us he messes with all or us!

I've felt that way for many years.....

(older Jay, not old!)
    On one hand I feel old sometimes, but lots of guys never made it to my age, so...... do the best ya can with what ya got.

If you only knew how Salty those older Jarheads could be!

HA!, I'm just too old to run, too old to fist fight, so I'll most likely just shoot their a$$.... :patriot:

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I was doing sea trials on a new sub. There was a fresh crow that we had a little fun with. On a sub there is an I-Beam that runs right over the deck plate. The only place you can smoke on a boat is in the engine room(buy the reactor). The XO was about to go on duty, and went to the engine room to catch a smoke before duty. We had EB-Green taped(like duct tape but 10 times stronger) the Fresh Crow to the I-Beam. Over the 1-MC the XO tells us to cut him down, if there is a fire he won't be able to put on an EBA(emergency breathing apperatis). So we cut him down. The next day when the XO goes back to the Engine room to catch a smoke before duty the same Petty Officer is Taped to the I-Beam with an EBA on.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Old School?

Marines love to mess FNG's especially grunts. One day while preparing for a field training op we were checking out the comm. systems. Ok this is old school comm. AN/PRC 77 or slang name the prick-77. We just got a fresh batch of FNG's and I had a couple of them working on them. When they were finished prepping them I asked them where the prick-E7 was. Of course they were totally lost so I told them to that they needed a Prick-E7 for the radios to work and for them to go ask Gunny where the prick-E7 was. Being FNG's they asked him right in front of the CO. Poor bastards were doing push-ups every time they saw Gunny for the entire field op. Gunny knew exactly who put them up to it and that’s how I got my week end "volunteered" duty. It was worth it!!! No offense Jay I like Gunnery Sargents, you don't get much past them.:D

We had spear racks and shield hooks [782 gear] in our repair shop at Chu Lai. Had to keep them out of the way while we worked on PRC-25's, SB-22's, SB-86's. Heard rumors about a new radio!

FNG? One Saturday night, there was a bunch of us Jug Heads helping a FNG get all the "straight skinny" on the war. It got around to how the "action" was at the base. Few mortars, lot of 122mm rockets courtesy of the Soviet Union, hardly ever any probes as of late, FNG [starting to get lit up] asked if anybody ever got hurt. Our eyes started rolling at that, one guy asked him what he meant by getting hurt, as I reached around to a shelf and retrieved a "frag" that the fused had already been blown, pull the pin, let the spoon fly, told the new guy that only FNG's and short timers got hurt around here and stuffed the aforementioned object down his ute shirt. Ever see someone rip the buttons off their shirt trying to get it off? Good times were had by all:D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    We had spear racks and shield hooks [782 gear] in our repair shop at Chu Lai. Had to keep them out of the way while we worked on PRC-25's, SB-22's, SB-86's. Heard rumors about a new radio!

FNG? One Saturday night, there was a bunch of us Jug Heads helping a FNG get all the "straight skinny" on the war. It got around to how the "action" was at the base. Few mortars, lot of 122mm rockets courtesy of the Soviet Union, hardly ever any probes as of late, FNG [starting to get lit up] asked if anybody ever got hurt. Our eyes started rolling at that, one guy asked him what he meant by getting hurt, as I reached around to a shelf and retrieved a "frag" that the fused had already been blown, pull the pin, let the spoon fly, told the new guy that only FNG's and short timers got hurt around here and stuffed the aforementioned object down his ute shirt. Ever see someone rip the buttons off their shirt trying to get it off? Good times were had by all:D

I bet he had a little pee stain in drawers too.:D

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN

No hug for you mister! I'm afraid you'll drop one of those suckers in my pocket and scare me half to death!!! Yer rotten! ;)

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton

:lol2::hehe::hehe::rofl:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Marines love to mess FNG's especially grunts. One day while preparing for a field training op we were checking out the comm. systems. Ok this is old school comm. AN/PRC 77 or slang name the prick-77. We just got a fresh batch of FNG's and I had a couple of them working on them. When they were finished prepping them I asked them where the prick-E7 was. Of course they were totally lost so I told them to that they needed a Prick-E7 for the radios to work and for them to go ask Gunny where the prick-E7 was. Being FNG's they asked him right in front of the CO. Poor bastards were doing push-ups every time they saw Gunny for the entire field op. Gunny knew exactly who put them up to it and that’s how I got my week end "volunteered" duty. It was worth it!!! No offense Jay I like Gunnery Sergeants, you don't get much past them.:D

At Security Forces school, I was told that I needed to see the Master Sergeant and get the grid coordinates for the pricky 7 :laugh:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I was doing sea trials on a new sub. There was a fresh crow that we had a little fun with. On a sub there is an I-Beam that runs right over the deck plate. The only place you can smoke on a boat is in the engine room(buy the reactor). The XO was about to go on duty, and went to the engine room to catch a smoke before duty. We had EB-Green taped(like duct tape but 10 times stronger) the Fresh Crow to the I-Beam. Over the 1-MC the XO tells us to cut him down, if there is a fire he won't be able to put on an EBA(emergency breathing apperatis). So we cut him down. The next day when the XO goes back to the Engine room to catch a smoke before duty the same Petty Officer is Taped to the I-Beam with an EBA on.
    Thats funny stuff right there. :laugh:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by USMC_0311
    9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me . . . stop saying it !

The reason that is an insult derives from WWII. Most armies throughout history made a habit of pillaging and raping their way through the countries they conquered/liberated.

The allied armies in WWII were a bit different. Why bother taking by force what can be had by trading nylons or other clothing items (such as, say, combat boots).

IOW, the expression is an aspersion cast on the virtue of ones mother.

Learn something new every day.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    tenring....... at Chu Lai, were you in those huts on the hillside above highway 1, that had tin roofs ?

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Hiway 1 was on the west side of the base, outside the wire. We were on the beach side of the MSR on the east side of the base. We I was getting ready to leave in Jan. of '69, they were building new stuff on the "new" runway, plywood walls, real doors, concrete floors, concrete side walks, I was so glad I was leaving, all I could see was chicken **** in the offing. Did some work over there for a while, hooked up a Trak 75, got a good RF burn out of that deal, knowing what I know now, should have "sought treatment." Offices were getting nice paneling. They would use a blow torch to char the plywood, then sand it down, turned out beautiful. Here is a photo from Google of the area where we had our hootch's.

Map - Google Sightseeing

Just to the right is where bomb dump went "KaBoom" during Tet.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Prick 77

I stand corrected. Didn't the 77 replace the 25 in VN?

That's what I can remember. Hey, ever hear of a RT246, RT524? Jeep type radios, 524 had buttons to get to 4 different frequencies. High tech at the time, ancient history compared to the stuff the guys have today. They gave us some flak jackets after a while, hand me downs from the 0300 crowd. Some of them took a lot of duct tape [if you could get a roll] to keep the plates in, now look at what they got. Body armor that will stop an AK round. I'm invested in an outfit that has designed and making facial armor [see anybody coming thru Marion with ****ed up jaws?] that DOD is still dragging their feet to accept. But troopies are buying them out of their own pocket. Just a couple of weeks ago, an Army guy called up, wanted to know if he could get one. Found out he could get several, phone call ended up with 9 of his buddies [all going to the rock pile] buying one. Weighs less than one pound, will stop a .44 Mag at 12 inches, sore neck better than no neck at all. Go here for a quick look.

MTek Weapon Systems

Last edited:
    Top Bottom