• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    OK, so I was planning on buying an M&P, SR9c, or PX4 Storm for my first gun. I was biding my time. And then I went on Armslist...

I just brought home my first gun purchase- a Ruger Security Six .357 with a 6" barrel. I have two other, smaller weapons, but both were handed down after my father passed away, and use either underpowered (.22 short) or harder to find (.32 Long) ammo. This thing is in amazing condition, looks like its hardly been fired, but was made in 1978 based on the serial number.

I think I might be a little excited. Can't wait to put some rounds through it... :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's a great firearm and one that I regret selling. Enjoy it and hold on to it.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    @pokersamurai- I would agree with you, but I have to say the Beretta 92 is a really pretty machine. :rolleyes:

@kalboy and @doctrpt- Luckily Orion Arms near where I live has the Fiocchi 32 Lungo in stock for a similar price. I just like the idea of semi-retiring the old guys- they really are mementos of my dad to me, more than anything else.

By the way, I'm looking at a bandolier holster for this little beauty, and have one in mind. Go to my thread and share your wisdom: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/218365-bandolier_hoslter.html

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    I have a 6" blued Security Six that I picked up a few years ago, It is well made, stronger than it needs to be, and accurate as hell. I let my Students use when doing Firearms classes. They all like it. Enjoy

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I bought one for my daughter after she decided she liked revolvers. She usually shoots 38 special reloads. She can handle 357 standard & defensive rounds through it. It is overbuilt & will last forever.

Its a great gun. Nice pick. Next you'll be picking up a snubbie...

Big Charlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Great buy. Semi-autos are machines, but revolvers are works of art.

GP100's are machines and I'd love to have one. There is virtue in simplicity when you consider a world without replacement parts. That said I love my Glock 21 and plan on getting a G20. I'll get a .357... eventually. Congrats on the Security Six.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    There are outstanding revolvers,I have been trying to wear mine out for over 20 yrs.
    Still trying.:cool:

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The security-six is a fine revolver, I love shooting it, but a 4 inch barrel with factory wood grips are only comfortable for 38 spl. Full house 357 magnums with those grips will make you say "WHOA!"
    Just HOLD ON TIGHT! :D or change 'em out for some Hogue's etc.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    The stainless 4" version was my 1st real carry gun, too. Excellent gun, wish I still had mine, but it was stolen out of my house in NM several years ago.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    @pinhead: My Sec 6 has a six inch barrel and houge unigrips. I'm gonna take it to an indoor range, but i have to use some .38 special rounds. I am looking at buying some original wood grips and a set of pacmyer grips, and we'll see which ones I stick with

This gun is turning me into a wheel-gun man.

@Pete: I already own a S&W Regulation Police (pre-model 31) snubbie, but I am looking at buying a S&W 442 from an INGOer. We'll see how it goes... :):

Top Bottom