• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    RUGER C/S

I've never used Ruger's C/S. I'm always afraid they'll "fix" what I've made correct. LCI, Slingshot mod, Magazine disconnect, Volquartsen trigger group, BBL rechambered, hammer modified to appropriate trigger pull and bolt modified so subsonics work 100%, extractor tuned so it actually holds the shell against the bolt. Little things like that. So my 10/22's and MK II and III's get fixed at home. They should have built a good "Quality" gun to start with.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I've never used Ruger's C/S. I'm always afraid they'll "fix" what I've made correct. LCI, Slingshot mod, Magazine disconnect, Volquartsen trigger group, BBL rechambered, hammer modified to appropriate trigger pull and bolt modified so subsonics work 100%, extractor tuned so it actually holds the shell against the bolt. Little things like that. So my 10/22's and MK II and III's get fixed at home. They should have built a good "Quality" gun to start with.

Yep, they will replace all of that with stock parts when they send it back.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Man, that's pretty awesome! I for one will never get tired of everybody and their uncle coming out with 1911s. Give me more and more options to choose from of that obsolete, heavy, not enough round carrying, ESHS causing piece of classic 'Merican design! :yesway:

For me, the only thing left to decide is if I would prefer Ruger's try at a 1911 over the Remington R1, which is the 1911 that I've got my heart set on owning this year. I'm looking forward to figuring that one out! :D

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I would sure take a long look at a Ruger 1911 and buy one if the opportunity presented itself for the right price. Sometimes I feel like I should own stock in Ruger since I currently have a .44 Redhawk, a .44 Super Redhawk, a .480 Super Redhawk, 2 Mk II slabsides, a Mk II SS 10", a 10/22 heavy barrel target 22, 2 Mini-30s and 2 Mini-14s. I personally do not care too much about the new model semis even if they did not have recalls on some of them.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    @abrewer15 - 45 acp - I haven't read any other chamberings being offered.

I'm going to get a ISSC SCAR 22 clone first but the Ruger SR1911 is my next handgun purchase. Looks wise it reminds me of a Dan Wesson Valor. I'm hoping it's a poor mans version of the Valor. That would be perfect.

I'm really loving the limited slide markings. That's my one issue with the R1.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How 'bout an "in the wild" pic?

gunsite20ruger.jpg

From this thread on M4C about the gunwriter range session Ruger held awhile back:

My New Ruger SR1911 - M4Carbine.net Forums

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom