• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm really impressed with what Ruger has done with this. I'm glad it's not all lawyered up like many feared. I'm really excited to see how it's received.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    @abrewer15 - 45 acp - I haven't read any other chamberings being offered.

I'm going to get a ISSC SCAR 22 clone first but the Ruger SR1911 is my next handgun purchase. Looks wise it reminds me of a Dan Wesson Valor. I'm hoping it's a poor mans version of the Valor. That would be perfect.

I'm really loving the limited slide markings. That's my one issue with the R1.

Poor mans? It's 800$. Haha I must be really poor because that is still a pretty penny.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Has anyone gotten their hands on one yet? I'm curious about the price, what it can shoot (FMJ vs JHP), how it handled, how easy is it to take down, and overall thoughts. I think I want me one of these!!

armyrangerdad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    central indiana
    i have three ruger handguns and 2 rifles in my collection, i have been very happy with all of them. if i didn't already have a springfield 1911 i would deffinitly be looking for this in reviews of performance and price.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    The Ruger is a VERY nice 1911...for the money. It's fit and finish is really nice, and is done very tastefully. The trigger has one little rough spot in it, but other than that feels pretty nice.

If I compared it to a stainless Springfield Loaded, I'd take the Ruger...

Pics are here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/down_by_the_tracks/147608-ruger_sr1911_is_here.html
    photo.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom