Ron Paul wants to audit Fort Knox to make sure the gold is there.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What is there to be gained from knowing? And how does the gold's presence (or absence) affect Fed policy-making?

What we have to gain is the confirmation, or exposure of deceit, to the only thing that lends our currency any value, the term "full faith and credit". If the gold isn't there, the ensuing s#**storm would force some much neede attention into our financial system. If the Fed HAD to be held to sound currency, as was the case when we were tied to gold, they would be less apt to print, inflate and destroy.
    Again, I would much rather expose the fraud and deceit and we deal with the problems we have created than to continue to allow them to fester and force them onto our children. But that's just me.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    What we have to gain is the confirmation, or exposure of deceit, to the only thing that lends our currency any value, the term "full faith and credit". If the gold isn't there, the ensuing s#**storm would force some much neede attention into our financial system. If the Fed HAD to be held to sound currency, as was the case when we were tied to gold, they would be less apt to print, inflate and destroy.
    Again, I would much rather expose the fraud and deceit and we deal with the problems we have created than to continue to allow them to fester and force them onto our children. But that's just me.

I am in agreement with you. A wound continues to fester under the bandage. Once exposed, it may look nasty and distasteful, but it heals much faster.
    Part of what got us into the financial mess that we are in today is the steady decline of the level of responsibility the People have undertaken. The .gov has slowly, but surely worked to promote the mindset that it's someone else's job and someone else's fault, putting the Country to sleep. The People need to wake up and realize that by allowing some other entity to think, act, provide, and care for them, WE have given over control of our very existence.
    Sure, it will be tough, yes hard times will come. It will be the duty of those who have seen this to provide the example to those who have not. Those who will not see will perish, I'm sorry to say, but I'd personally much rather take my chances and live my life in control of my own decisions and actions, awake and alive, than let someone else live it for me.
    This system as it is now cannot survive. It will crash. Better now, whilst there is some modicum of freedom yet breathing, than later after .gov is the only thing out there keeping us fed, clothed, and "safe".

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

You're connecting two different issues. The Fed's behaviors are independent of the gold. It's our current monetary policy and fiscal policy that have created our situation, not the presence or absence of the gold. And while things might be different if we were actually on the gold standard, that's not the same thing as simply having the gold. Your logic assumes that the gold's presence creates the same check on the Fed's policies as being on the gold standard. It's simply not true.

So I ask again, what's the value of confirming the presence of gold that is irrelevant to our currency value, and has no bearing on the fiscal or monetary policies that we make?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    What would the crime be? Specifically? Felony theft? Seems a little lenient for someone who stole the PM reserves of the entire country (read that with crescendoing hysteria for full effect).

Personally, I think it's moot. And finding out will likely cause more problems than leaving the beast to snooze. We know our government is corrupt. Do we really need to bring down more shibblewitz on ourselves to prove what we already know?

I call it treason, but the legal eagles would know the maximum charge that could be bought under current law.

We, in this thread, may already know, but I promise you that "We the People" are, for the most part, clueless.

Only a massive rude awakening (or doubling the public school budgets :rolleyes:) could have a hope of educating them to this fact.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So I ask again, what's the value of confirming the presence of gold that is irrelevant to our currency value, and has no bearing on the fiscal or monetary policies that we make?
    Finding truth & justice has inherent value. :twocents:

And exposing one conspiracy will pave the way for exposing the rest of them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I call it treason, but the legal eagles would know the maximum charge that could be bought under current law.

We, in this thread, may already know, but I promise you that "We the People" are, for the most part, clueless.

Only a massive rude awakening (or doubling the public school budgets :rolleyes:) could have a hope of educating them to this fact.

On the last sentiment, I happen to agree completely. (It's one of the reasons I keep harping on the 'Paul doesn't connect with people' drum. You have to understand liberty to appreciate Paul. And not just some passing form of it where you only support liberty for the issues that concern you.)

Wonder if our legal eagles would have an answer as to the charges.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not sure if that has been posted or not.

News Headlines

They said it would cost $15 million to conduct an audit to make sure that the gold is real. :n00b:

Cant they just check random bars for cheaper instead of checking every single one of them? :dunno:

Nobody saw the gold or checked the content of the gold bars in decades.
    So should we believe the government that the gold is indeed pure gold and that no gold bar ever left the site, or do you think it's just another conspiracy theory and that the man (Ron Paul) is crazy to want to audit Fort Knox? :dunno:

Yep, first step for holding people accountable..... next would be an audit and elimination of the FED!!! And its about d**n time!!

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You're connecting two different issues. The Fed's behaviors are independent of the gold. It's our current monetary policy and fiscal policy that have created our situation, not the presence or absence of the gold. And while things might be different if we were actually on the gold standard, that's not the same thing as simply having the gold. QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct but THAT'S why the two issues were separated in the first place. Removing our currency from the gold standard was just the prelude to looting the treasury. Demonstration that the gold is no longer there is confirmation that an old "conspiracy theory du jour" was dead on the money. Literally.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Irrelevent? Has no bearing on the fiscal or monetary policies that we make? I'd bet a body part that it would have a HUGE bearing on our fiscal/monetary policies if it was discovered that the gold that is supposed to be there isn't there!

Since the gold is SUPPOSED to be there, let's confirm it. The value in this would:
    1) Verify if we have the gold we're supposed to have and this would help. me sleep better at night.
    2) If it's not there, it would begin the healing process after the discovery of massive plundering.

Why are you:
    1) So afraid of verification.
    2) Giving a free pass to a government that you have acknowledged is corrupt.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis

Erosion of our liberty/freedom/economy is incremental. At this point, confirming the presence of the gold has no bearing on the CURRENT fiscal or monetary policies, as you state. That's because of the HUGE erosion that has already occurred.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't think anyone would lose "full faith and credit" in the US currency if the government no longer owned any gold.

The currency is basically backed by the strength of the US [STRIKE]economy[/STRIKE] War Machine. As long as we are able to [STRIKE]service our debt[/STRIKE] enforce our will, fort knox could be full of jelly beans for all it matters.

The American dollar is backed by aircraft carriers and nukes.
    FIFY

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Irrelevent? Has no bearing on the fiscal or monetary policies that we make? I'd bet a body part that it would have a HUGE bearing on our fiscal/monetary policies if it was discovered that the gold that is supposed to be there isn't there!

No, it wouldn't, not directly. We aren't on the gold standard. Any influence a discovery of missing gold might have would be in the public and international confidence, not on our literal ability to back the FRN. I understand what you're saying, but you need to understand what I am saying. Fed policy isn't contingent on gold standard limitations. What the Fed is doing now is easier because we aren't on the gold standard, and might even be preventable if we were on the gold standard, but it has nothing to do with whether the gold is there or not. Please understand there are two separate issues here. You seem unable or unwilling to distinguish them.

Since the gold is SUPPOSED to be there, let's confirm it. The value in this would:
    1) Verify if we have the gold we're supposed to have and this would help. me sleep better at night.

Okay, that's one benefit. To you. How about the rest of the country?

2) If it's not there, it would begin the healing process after the discovery of massive plundering.

Do you really think it's that simple? Respectfully, that's a little rose-colored IMO.

Why are you:
    1) So afraid of verification.
    2) Giving a free pass to a government that you have acknowledged is corrupt.

Your premises are completely wrong. I am neither afraid of verification nor giving a free pass to government corruption. I do not see the benefits of verification outweighing the costs since confirming an absence won't result in an automatic alteration of Fed policy. I get the feeling you think that if it's brought to the light of day that the gold is gone, the Fed is going to be left holding the bag and suddenly have to straighten up. Is that correct? If so, on what do you base your assumption?

Fed policy is determined without consideration to the gold's presence since we are no longer on the gold standard. It can change with or without the gold, which makes the gold....wait for it.....irrelevant.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Your premises are completely wrong. I am neither afraid of verification nor giving a free pass to government corruption. I do not see the benefits of verification outweighing the costs since confirming an absence won't result in an automatic alteration of Fed policy. I get the feeling you think that if it's brought to the light of day that the gold is gone, the Fed is going to be left holding the bag and suddenly have to straighten up. Is that correct? If so, on what do you base your assumption?

Fed policy is determined without consideration to the gold's presence since we are no longer on the gold standard. It can change with or without the gold, which makes the gold....wait for it.....irrelevant.

88GT, I understand that the fed is not directly tied to the gold standard, but the only standard it is tied to is the phrase "full faith and credit." If it is discovered that our gold has been looted/plundered, that phrase gets severely tested. The Fed holds more of our debt than China, and once people start to get educated that they (the Fed) is printing just so we can continue to run up an unsustainable debt, coupled with the inevitable consequences of the discovery of such looting, the needed changes to this country will finally, hopefully, begin. My assumption that the Fed would be forced to straighten up is that the stock market explodes up and down now just on rumors of a European fix. Look at the multiple and unnatural triple-digit swings we have been having recently. Imagine the response if it were discovered that Ft. Knox was raided!
    My assumptions are based on the fact that the American people will one day (hopefully soon) get tired of the fraud and corruption; Fast & Furious, the Fed secretly lending trillions, all of the Solyndra's, MF Global, Madoff, ineffective SEC, ratings agencies rating junk as AAA, the housing crisis, Fannie & Freddie, etc. The magnitude of our gold being looted, I believe, would be the straw that breaks the camels back and force us on the road of healing. THIS is what makes it relevant and it WOULD effect Fed policy from there on out!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No no no. Full faith and credit has nothing to do with what gold we may or may not have. What is faith?

Top Bottom