Ron Paul wants to audit Fort Knox to make sure the gold is there.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Just like any other treasonous crime.

1. Investigate to find the perpetrator(s) and evidence of the crime
    1.5. Bribe, coerce, and use contacts to stall all attempts to actually bring the perpetrators to justice.
    2. Let the incident be forgotten by the American public.
    3. Win.

:dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

2. Jury trial
    3. If found guilty, the gallows, or at least no soup for them

What would the crime be? Specifically? Felony theft? Seems a little lenient for someone who stole the PM reserves of the entire country (read that with crescendoing hysteria for full effect).

Personally, I think it's moot. And finding out will likely cause more problems than leaving the beast to snooze. We know our government is corrupt. Do we really need to bring down more shibblewitz on ourselves to prove what we already know?

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm no economist but my understanding of the federal reserve is that in the beginning they only had to have 10% of the gold on hand for the amount of fed reserve notes they wrote. Our money has not been truly backed by gold, at least not after the fed was implemented. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What would the crime be? Specifically? Felony theft? Seems a little lenient for someone who stole the PM reserves of the entire country (read that with crescendoing hysteria for full effect).

Personally, I think it's moot. And finding out will likely cause more problems than leaving the beast to snooze. We know our government is corrupt. Do we really need to bring down more shibblewitz on ourselves to prove what we already know?

Seriously? And finding out will likely cause more problems than leaving the beast to snooze. ... Do we really need to bring down more shibblewitz on ourselves to prove what we already know?
    That sounds like something the Board of Directors at Penn State would say and I'm sure Sandusky/Paterno were thinking the same thing! So I guess we should just continue along our merry, sheeple way and let the Fed bury and enslave our children with debt and obligation while strangling us with inflation? To be afraid to "bring down more shibblewitz", ESPECIALLY when one acknowledeges that our government is corrupt, is the mentality of sheep and slaves. Please tell me you were joking! :rolleyes:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Let's just say an audit came up short. To whom would one point the finger?

2. Jury trial
    3. If found guilty, the gallows, or at least no soup for them
    If the gold is gone, then it would likely be difficult to determine who, when and where. If Obama came into office and the gold was missing, you can bet George W. would be pressed for an answer. If W. found it missing, then Clinton would be questioned. etc...

The investigation and subsequent prosecution would cost more than the gold. It would however line some more pockets.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    IF (big if here) there is ANY missing gold, a full independent, verifiable investigation needs to be carried out and the guilty parties hanging from a rope. The Coinage Act of 1792 had anyone debasing the currency "shall be deemd guilty of felony, and shall suffer death". We used to take our currency seriously and stealing a nations gold supply, and the consequences it would bring, is at least equal to debasing it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If the gold is gone, then it would likely be difficult to determine who, when and where. If Obama came into office and the gold was missing, you can bet George W. would be pressed for an answer. If W. found it missing, then Clinton would be questioned. etc...

The investigation and subsequent prosecution would cost more than the gold. It would however line some more pockets.
    This is all assuming the Presidents even know whether the gold is there or not.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Seriously? And finding out will likely cause more problems than leaving the beast to snooze. ... Do we really need to bring down more shibblewitz on ourselves to prove what we already know?
    That sounds like something the Board of Directors at Penn State would say and I'm sure Sandusky/Paterno were thinking the same thing! So I guess we should just continue along our merry, sheeple way and let the Fed bury and enslave our children with debt and obligation while strangling us with inflation? To be afraid to "bring down more shibblewitz", ESPECIALLY when one acknowledeges that our government is corrupt, is the mentality of sheep and slaves. Please tell me you were joking! :rolleyes:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Yes, I'm serious. But thanks for comparing me to child diddlers. You argument is so well founded on facts and logic that you just had to throw that one in. Well played. I bow to your superior debate skills.

What is there to be gained from knowing? And how does the gold's presence (or absence) affect Fed policy-making?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yes, I'm serious. But thanks for comparing me to child diddlers. You argument is so well founded on facts and logic that you just had to throw that one in. Well played. I bow to your superior debate skills.

What is there to be gained from knowing? And how does the gold's presence (or absence) affect Fed policy-making?

My reference to child molesters was not meant to compare you to them, only to the abhorrent act of allowing a known sin of incredible magnitude to continue, without doing anything about it out of fear of rocking the boat.

How's this,
    "Sorry kids, we didn't mean to leave you with a destroyed currency, wrecked economy, pretty much no hope for you having it as good as we did AND all of these unfunded liabilities, BUT, even though we knew that the Fed/government were corrupt, we chose to not do anything about it because we didn't want to bring down more shibblewitz on ourselves. So, you get to deal with it."
    Love,
    Your parents :D

PS - My debate skills do need work, and what better place to hone them? ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My reference to child molesters was not meant to compare you to them, only to the abhorrent act of allowing a known sin of incredible magnitude to continue, without doing anything about it out of fear of rocking the boat.

How's this,
    "Sorry kids, we didn't mean to leave you with a destroyed currency, wrecked economy, pretty much no hope for you having it as good as we did AND all of these unfunded liabilities, BUT, even though we knew that the Fed/government were corrupt, we chose to not do anything about it because we didn't want to bring down more shibblewitz on ourselves. So, you get to deal with it."
    Love,
    Your parents :D

PS - My debate skills do need work, and what better place to hone them? ;)

Any chance you could address the real meat of my post and answer the questions I pose?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I am hereby copy-righting

the words, "e-$" or "e-dollar" and "e-£" or "e-pound" and "e-¥" ("e-¥en" ) . Anyone else can have the euro.

The dollars has not been backed by the supposed gold in Ft Knox since the inception (unholy birth I call it) of true Federal Reserve. It would be impossible anyway, there isn't enough existing unmined gold to even come close to the amount of electro-dollars that have been "created".

So if it's not there and it becomes public knowledge, the only thing that will have changed is the fact that the public would then know that .gov has lied, again. The people will once and for all lose confidence in the "Full Faith and Credit" of the US Govt and then it's collapse, SHTF time ala Argentina style.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't think anyone would lose "full faith and credit" in the US currency if the government no longer owned any gold.

The currency is basically backed by the strength of the US economy. As long as we are able to service our debt, fort knox could be full of jelly beans for all it matters.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't think anyone would lose "full faith and credit" in the US currency if the government no longer owned any gold.

The currency is basically backed by the strength of the US economy. As long as we are able to service our debt, fort knox could be full of jelly beans for all it matters.

Jelly Belly Jelly Beans?! :dunno:

Top Bottom