Ron Paul wants to audit Fort Knox to make sure the gold is there.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not sure if that has been posted or not.

News Headlines

They said it would cost $15 million to conduct an audit to make sure that the gold is real. :n00b:

Cant they just check random bars for cheaper instead of checking every single one of them? :dunno:

Nobody saw the gold or checked the content of the gold bars in decades.
    So should we believe the government that the gold is indeed pure gold and that no gold bar ever left the site, or do you think it's just another conspiracy theory and that the man (Ron Paul) is crazy to want to audit Fort Knox? :dunno:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    There hasn't been any aurum in Fort Knox in four decades. Prove me wrong. We get fleeced continually, why should there still be any? Because good ol' Unca Sam says so?

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nobody saw the gold or checked the content of the gold bars in decades.
    So should we believe the government that the gold is indeed pure gold and that no gold bar ever left the site, or do you think it's just another conspiracy theory and that the man (Ron Paul) is crazy to want to audit Fort Knox? :dunno:

People said he was crazy to call for an audit of the Federal Reserve. Now it turns out that the Fed secretly put out over 7 trillion dollars in loans to banks in 2008. And the mainstream media isn't saying diddle about it!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    People said he was crazy to call for an audit of the Federal Reserve. Now it turns out that the Fed secretly put out over 7 trillion dollars in loans to banks in 2008. And the mainstream media isn't saying diddle about it!

I was just going to mention that 7 trillion. I'd be surprised if the gold was still there. As corrupt as DC has become I would be genuinely surprised to see if our gold was still where we could count it.

The problem will be the effect that'll have on the economy once the world sees that we no longer have our gold. There would be bad events following that audit.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was just going to mention that 7 trillion. I'd be surprised if the gold was still there. As corrupt as DC has become I would be genuinely surprised to see if our gold was still where we could count it.

The problem will be the effect that'll have on the economy once the world sees that we no longer have our gold. There would be bad events following that audit.

Then the US dollar will be worth nothing and you will have to start trading goods or use your own gold to pay for stuff. :dunno:
    This is why we don't need an audit. The gold is still there. Nothing to see. Move along....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Then the US dollar will be worth nothing and you will have to start trading goods or use your own gold to pay for stuff. :dunno:

Unless we are still mysteriously on the Bretton-Woods standard (or the gold standard) I think our dollar will do just fine tanking under the current system we have now, actually. :):

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis

It's worth nothing now. The only difference would be that people would no longer have faith in the dollar. When people KNOW fiat currency is worthless it changes its "value". :dunno:

Lilmagnum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    The US went off the gold standard in late 1973. There is nothing to audit.
    Thirty eight years ago.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Where would 287,000,000 ounces of gold go? Gold and Precious Metals

If we DON'T have it, whoever does have that much gold in the face of all this worthless fiat currency is now king of the hill. And yes, given the level of sociopathic corruption in Washington right now, a full, complete, independent, verifiable audit is in order.

God, guns, gold (silver) and groceries are the only sound investments for the next 5 years! My :twocents:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Of course it is still there. Really, really it is. For reals.

And this is a TOTALLY unrelated question, but where would a guy sell a gold ingot anyway? Just idle curiosity. For real.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Of course it is still there. Really, really it is. For reals.

And this is a TOTALLY unrelated question, but where would a guy sell a gold ingot anyway? Just idle curiosity. For real.

From what I have read, if you sell one doubloon, bells and whistles go off all over the world. Next thing you know you have lawyers from all over the world at your doorstep to find out where you got it.

Top Bottom