• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The best odds to increasing income is to improve your skills so you are worth more on the job market. Many folks don't want to put in the time and effort so they talk about how tough it is to get by and how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. This is still America with all its faults but the opportunity is still there for those who want to earn it.

I don't denigrate those who choose not to increase their skills, but for me personally every year of school I added has had a positive impact on my income. Pretty simple formula really. Generally, existing skills + new skills = mo $.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Our own INGO clairvoyant!! I pay around $2,500 to the IRS after I file my taxes. I don't even know how much they take out during the year, but it is plenty, just "not enough" according to them.
    You don't know how much you pay? Seriously?

It's plenty? How do you know it's plenty? You want ... "rural electrification, paved roads instead of gravel/dirt, EMS, police services, 24/7 on-duty fire departments, flood control, etc.." how do you get all that plenty then?

Right, you want someone else to pay for what you use. The mentaility is no different than someone on welfare looking at you and your 2,500 and whatever else you have withheld. I still can't believe you don't know.

Makes me think you may not be on the level about employment.

I believe it was you who earlier in this thread indicated your income was under 50,000 a year by saying 1/5 of that.

OK, so that leaves $162,000 to play with, yet can't save a million in ten years? Lets say $100K to play with, still doable in ten years in my opinion. Again, it comes down to choices about personal spending.

No. Again it comes down to you being clueless. That 38k was a BEST case scenario. I'd suspect most in that range are paying more.

Lets explore this next gem before we circle back:

So are you going to discuss my comment about rural electrification, paved roads instead of gravel/dirt, EMS, police services, 24/7 on-duty fire departments, flood control, etc..??? Or let me guess, you are all for these things, you just think others should pay more for them while you pay less? It always comes down to personal greed. Everyone wants something, so long as the funding of those wants benefits them in the best way financially.
    Boom. Right there you nailed it.

You claim your $2,500 (and whatever else you claim to pay, but don't know what it is) is "plenty" but the guy making 200,000 should be paying more than you because your gas costs the same...Right.

You have a chip on your shoulder. No different than guy on food stamps thinking you owe him because you make 50k a year.

The mentality is the same. "He has more than me! It's not fair!"

You want some else to pay for your police and fire, you want someone else to pay for your roads.

Speaking of which, those federal income taxes... they don't pay for any of that anyway. They pay for federal lunch programs, medicaid, welfare ect. ect. Way to go.

Does the Biologics company you work for take government money? Have they ever used any sort of government funded research to earn money?

I work for myself, I do consulting. I don't believe any of that income has come from government funded research.

Are you only upset at the current system because you believe it is unfair in terms of what certain people pay, or do you believe there should be no taxation at all? Or do you think there should be taxation so that you can be provided with some things I have commented on here in this post?
    Federal income taxes? Abolished. Paramount and Universal studios are older than the IRS and federal personal income taxes. We should destroy it before it's 100th birthday.

Taxes based upon USAGE are acceptable. Gas/Diesel taxes for roads for example. You pay for what you use. Although, with hybrids and tech evolving, that will have to be addressed but that's another topic.

Of course to think that without the government there would be no roads is idiotic, in and of itself. Free markets and capitalism (real capitalism)... assuming you believe in them. If not, there is no point in discussing it.

What you purport is no different than the typical welfare whore. They pay taxes on their cigarettes right? They "pay taxes"... just not as much as you, so they are inferior... You pay "plenty" and the people making more than you, they don't need all that money right? They don't deserve it? They don't deserve to enjoy the fruits of their labor?

I don't understand where you (and people like you) get off believing you are entitled to the fruits of other peoples labor.

Life isn't fair. Good jobs don't grow on trees. Heck, I was laid off last year. Did I lay down and moan and complain about how I couldn't find a decent paying job? No. In fact outside of the for sale forum, this is the first time I think I've ever mentioned it on INGO. I put my nose to grindstone and found a way to get back to where I was (and then some). You make your own life.

You want a better paying job? I have news for you, you're going to have to work smarter and put forth more effort and take on more responsibilities. You're going to have to take RISKS. Unless you have nepotism on your side, you are going to have go out there and take it.

Sitting back and looking down on everyone and being spiteful isn't going to get your anywhere but exactly where you are today.

Being covetous of those who make more than you won't earn you another penny either.

You also need to take some finance classes. You don't know how much you pay in taxes and you think a person making 200k a year can save 1,000,000 in under 10 years.

If you don't understand it, you'll never earn it.

Top Bottom