• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I always thought middle class was someone who owned their home...had a couple of cars...was not on food stamps or medicaid...had to watch their pennies but could afford everything they need. Putting a dollar amount on it with out a wide range would be nuts considering the cost of living varies so much in each area of the country..

It's a matter of perspective I suppose. If you made that much and lived out here in Greenfield in my neighborhood you would be well off no doubt. If you make that much and want to live around Geist then you may find your money not stretching as far, add in car payments, child care, and other bills etc and you're probably doing about the same proportionally as somebody making much less.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    It's a matter of perspective I suppose. If you made that much and lived out here in Greenfield in my neighborhood you would be well off no doubt. If you make that much and want to live around Geist then you may find your money not stretching as far, add in car payments, child care, and other bills etc and you're probably doing about the same proportionally as somebody making much less.

Exactly in the middle you are not poor and you are not rich.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    But... BUt.... You drive a BMW! You must be rich!!!

Used. I do ok. We have a modest house, and have everything we NEED. If I made 4x's what I make now, I could easily afford a half a million dollar house. Is living comfortable in a $500,000 house middle class? I still think not. Middle class, 30k to 120k a year. I think that is where the majority of us live.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Man, if my wife returned to the workforce and made the exact same as I do, we would only be at 40% of that! Damn, woman needs to get a job.

But then who'd make my breakfast?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Lots of middle class small business people don't incorporate and their personally owned companies put them in that range. It is middle class, just at the upper end.

Yep. Even with an S cooperation that profit goes through your regular income tax return. $200,000 is not "rich" by a long shot...

Top Bottom