• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    I've never made enough money to be a Republican. Probably never will...

If the current Democrats stay in power, you definitely won't.

Especially if you agree with the ideology that the government needs to help you to be successful.

I don't think anyone should pay a higher tax rate than anyone else. It does not follow that makes everyone "middle class."

I completely agree, EVERYONE should pay the same tax rate, including those that currently pay nothing but receive the most services. I don't believe I suggested that would make everyone middle class.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Denny referencing 250k a year.

I make less than a quarter of that...hell yeah it's upper class. Not rich but damn close.

This goes back to that mentality I spoke about earlier about folks, especially those who claim they "pay taxes'.

I'm not picking on you Denny, I just had to use this one and your category as a LEO. Something that is generally considered a job that contributes.

25% of that is 62,000 a year. Lets use that...

At 62,000 a year, after your deductions, with a child or two, you basically pay what, $2,000 a year in federal income taxes? If that?

If you made $250,000 a year, with the same 2 kids, you'd be paying about $48,000 a year in federal personal income taxes. Exemptions and expenses being equal.

So now, after federal taxes you make 60k a year or 202,000 a year as opposed to 62 or 250.

What is this 'almost' rich thing you speak of? Upper class? Are you kidding?

The income disparity level between middle and upper class is huge. 200k a year certainly isn't upper class by any stretch of the imagination.

I want the personal federal income tax abolished. Not revamped, not changed to a sales tax. GONE. PERIOD.

I can see where people paying nothing or 2k a year don't really care. Why would they?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The income disparity level between middle and upper class is huge. 200k a year certainly isn't upper class by any stretch of the imagination.

$200K/year in Indiana = rich in my opinion. If one can't be a millionaire making that sort of money within 10 years (maybe less), then it is because of personal decision making (absent something like caner, etc.). So someone who makes $60K/year buys a $180K home (not saying a person should or shouldn't) which pretty much will provide excellent shelter in the Indy metro area. $180K home will also provide for the person making $200K/year, but for some reason, some folks in that income range think they should be on the same spending ratio, so they go out and blow three times their income on a home, or buy a $600K home. It is all about choices. I can absolutely state that if the wife and I made anything close to $200K/year, we would absolutely have about a quarter of a million cash saved in the bank, plus minimal, if any, debt. Just because one makes it doesn't mean one has to spend it.

This is an argument I like to use a lot when discussing those making decent six-figure incomes vs those making $40K/year. No one is forcing the rich person from dumping $60K on a BMW. Plus, when they go to the gas pumps and swipe their credit card, the price per gallon doesn't change based on their income level. They get to pay the same price per gallon as everyone else. Unfortunately, many of those in the bigger income levels want to keep the status quo when it comes to the economy. They may own heating and air companies, roofing companies, home builder companies, Realty companies, etc.. They want a decent home in the Indy metro area to run say $140-$160K. Instead of letting prices on homes drop by 50% to match current level wages and be affordable, they want to keep the current system going. Therefore some push for QE and low interest rates in the hope that it keeps their current standard of lifestyle propped up.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    That's only $100K each for a married couple, which is not that hard to achieve.

How does one go about getting a $100K/year job the easy way? I would really, really like to find out. At $200K for house hold income (one person or two people), we are talking a very, very small % of the American population that makes that much. How can a upper small % of the population be considered "middle?" Looking at just $100K/year for household income (again, one person making $100K, or two spouses combined to make $100K), we are still talking about the upper 15% of the country population. I could see putting those on the lower end of that 15% in the middle category, depending on many factors those (mostly cost-of-living).

To make $100K/year is fairly hard to achieve. I don't see why the bulk of the bulk of the population would keep their median household incomes of $50K/year, when both spouse could easily go out and increase their incomes by $75K/year each. Clearly there are not many $100K/year jobs out there, or if there are, the vast majority of people in this country just don't care about them, or don't have what it takes to obtain that level of income.

There are many factors that play into this, but I find it funny when folks start talking about the upper 15%-20% of income earners of the entire population being part of the "middle" of anything. Maybe if every single one of those in the 15-20% lived in lower Manhattan or San Francisco, I would believe they were middle class giving cost of living. However, I have a hard time seeing someone pulling $100K year at a university job being considered "middle." I would say the factory working making $100K/year is more middle class because many are likely working lots more overtime than the university administrator, so their hourly rate is less. But still, $1,900/week doesn't mean you pay any more for housing, gas, groceries than the person who brings home half that.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Class warfare is alive and well right here on ingo. No need to head to the DU.

Sickening.

Yup. Look at how many folks here want the fruits of of other people's labors so they can have rural electrification, paved roads instead of gravel/dirt, EMS, police services, 24/7 on-duty fire departments, flood control, etc..

Sickening is right.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    forget us poor smucks that scrape out a small living, no kids = no deductions but i still get to help pay for your kids school and other things. As for not paying taxes we make about 50k a year combined and as of my last paycheck they have taken out almost 10k in muti line taxes

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    If the current Democrats stay in power, you definitely won't.

Especially if you agree with the ideology that the government needs to help you to be successful.

Those durty Demikrat dawgs. They breaks into my house and steals my Precious.

And of course, the Republicans had nothing to do with our current economic quagmire.

My statement that "I don't make enough money to be a Republican" was not apathy. It was an observation of who the GOP actually serves. The "middle class" of "beneficiaries" in the GOP probably does start at $250k.

I just find it funny that the gun owners and the hero worshipers kneel before this golden Elephant idol and are willfully ignorant that they aren't even allowed in the "club".

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The politicians love it when we take an issue like Progressive Federal income tax and boil it down to rich vs. poor.

Rich is always going to be the guy making more than you, and he's probably making it because he cheated.

Poor is always going to be the guy making less than you, and he's probably making less because he's lazy.

Keep aiming at the constantly moving target. Let me know how it works out for you.

In the mean time, the politicians will continue to bend everyone over while we complain that some people aren't being bent over enough.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    539496_249657155157037_2144364993_n.jpg

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    Actually, as of 2011 the median US household income was $50,054. That's the halfway point. I don't know if that is Gross or AGI, and the poverty threshold for a family of four was $23,021.

Considering I paid $1.67 for a box of Tic-Tacs the other day, $50k for a US household is paltry. QE-Infinity in place now makes our dollars rapidly more worthless every moment. We're screwed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Actually, as of 2011 the median US household income was $50,054. That's the halfway point. I don't know if that is Gross or AGI, and the poverty threshold for a family of four was $23,021.

Considering I paid $1.67 for a box of Tic-Tacs the other day, $50k for a US household is paltry. QE-Infinity in place now makes our dollars rapidly more worthless every moment. We're screwed.

...and while your REAL income dropped 8.2 % over the past four years. Gasoline almost doubled, food prices have gone up. Even with food, notice how some of the boxes might stay fairly the same size but the amount inside is smaller...like buying a 5 lb. can of coffee with 3.5 lb. listed on the label. Or, buy a bag of "air" chips, rather potato chips, that only has 4 oz. of product. GDP gowth slower this year than it was last year, and last year slower than the year before, but by God it's still growing! What a can of BS. They need a can of Whoopass.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend

Something's gotta change, and in a big way. However "Revolution" is a scary word. I'll throw it out there, because it seems nothing good can come from the 2 party system. Its hurting us and dividing us. By "us" I mean America. I just wish a 3rd party would have enough backing to be a serious contender for the top office. This red and blue crap aint cutting it anymore.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    $200K/year in Indiana = rich in my opinion. If one can't be a millionaire making that sort of money within 10 years (maybe less), then it is because of personal decision making (absent something like caner, etc.).

This is how absolutely out of touch some people are.

10 years or less a millionaire at 200k a year?

I understand that you probably only pay 2k a year in federal taxes (if that). So in your mind, sure, they could bank 1,000,000 in under 10 years.

Guess what? Someone making 200k a year is paying at least 30,000 a year in federal taxes and 8,000 in Indiana income taxes (state and county).

You expect that person to spend 62,000 a year for all those things you complain about having to pay (including more taxes like sales and property) and then "bank" 100,000 a year?

Are you nuts?

Exactly who is going to be stimulating the economy? You? :):

Class warfare. Look at it. Right here on a "conservative" forum.

That is how disconnected from reality many Americans are.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    One thing that very easy to forget is how much people are paid in some areas. The cost of living varies wildly (especially along coasts and near very large cities). One should understand that the pay scale does as well.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The politicians love it when we take an issue like Progressive Federal income tax and boil it down to rich vs. poor.

Rich is always going to be the guy making more than you, and he's probably making it because he cheated.

Poor is always going to be the guy making less than you, and he's probably making less because he's lazy.

Keep aiming at the constantly moving target. Let me know how it works out for you.

In the mean time, the politicians will continue to bend everyone over while we complain that some people aren't being bent over enough.

QFT

Divide and conquer.

If the division is marginally effective, the conquer always works.

:puke::puke:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I understand that you probably only pay 2k a year in federal taxes (if that).

Our own INGO clairvoyant!! I pay around $2,500 to the IRS after I file my taxes. I don't even know how much they take out during the year, but it is plenty, just "not enough" according to them.

Guess what? Someone making 200k a year is paying at least 30,000 a year in federal taxes and 8,000 in Indiana income taxes (state and county).

OK, so that leaves $162,000 to play with, yet can't save a million in ten years? Lets say $100K to play with, still doable in ten years in my opinion. Again, it comes down to choices about personal spending.

Class warfare. Look at it. Right here on a "conservative" forum.

So are you going to discuss my comment about rural electrification, paved roads instead of gravel/dirt, EMS, police services, 24/7 on-duty fire departments, flood control, etc..??? Or let me guess, you are all for these things, you just think others should pay more for them while you pay less? It always comes down to personal greed. Everyone wants something, so long as the funding of those wants benefits them in the best way financially.

Does the Biologics company you work for take government money? Have they ever used any sort of government funded research to earn money?

Are you only upset at the current system because you believe it is unfair in terms of what certain people pay, or do you believe there should be no taxation at all? Or do you think there should be taxation so that you can be provided with some things I have commented on here in this post?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    How does one go about getting a $100K/year job the easy way?

There's your problem. You want to make $100K/year the easy way. There is no "easy way" to make a decent living. But if you're willing to work you can do it.

For example, be an RN. You don't even need a 4-year bachelor's degree. Your base won't be $100K, but with minimal OT or on-call, you will make $100K.

What languages can you program in?

Can you troubleshoot electrical problems? PLCs? Industrial machinery?

Can you build, remodel, or repair houses? (Big question: Are you good and reliable?)

Should I go on? What are your skills?

Top Bottom