Road rant inspired by the funny picture thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just BAN those drivers!

Or... we all take driving more seriously. I spent some time driving in Lithuania and Latvia last week - everyone was pretty serious about it and nobody was a jerk. (Latvian drivers are pretty aggressive too). Why? My guess is that like Germany, getting the privilege to drive is hard and penalties for errors are harsh.

Not here in America, we consider driving too much of a right to allow infringement. No vehicle safety checks and cars aren't driven - they're operated while doing something else. Pass the exam once, and never worry about good driving again.

Also, I hardly ever saw a cop patrolling. I drove from one side of the country to the other on the motorway and never saw a patrolman. I did see traffic cameras and speed cameras though.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Has no one asked the most important question?

Jamil, do you have a picture of your car?

Last edited:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Don't be an asshat. I'll generally let a couple people in, I shouldn't have to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting you, though. If you're that [STRIKE]important [/STRIKE] impatient, you can suck on my trailer hitch. :D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    AMEN, to that !!!!! If I can see the "arrow" blocks down the road, why can't YOU !!!!!

Put down your phone, and stop texting, and DRIVE !!!!!

That is what you do in a CAR !!!!!
    Why do you assume that someone that sees the logical reasoning in favor of a late merging is a distracted driver? :dunno:

I can see a stop sign from a long ways away, but I don't stop then, I stop when I get to the sign.

And one exclamation point is more than enough.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When I go to the movie theater and there is a long line of inconsiderate people in front of me, I rush past them and use the "zipper" method right at the ticket window. After all, the "zipper" has been proven to get me there ahead of you, and that's all that really matters.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    One time many years ago, during the evening commute home, I hitched a ride with a coworker (a very wise old soul). He was in no rush to get home and it was as painfully obvious to his passenger (me) as it was to the myriad frustrated drivers on the road with us. Even though he was doing the speed limit, I inquired as to why he was driving so slowly his reply was "if you think deeply about it, Tyler, all of these people are out here driving like maniacs to get home and watch T.V. ...thats it...."
    And I s*it you not as I sit here today, as hes turning towards me with a grin on his face to say "and I dont own a T.V." a car in the fast lane speeds by in the background with the driver giving us the finger.
    He didnt see it. I laughed hysterically on the inside but didnt say a word.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I go to the movie theater and there is a long line of inconsiderate people in front of me, I rush past them and use the "zipper" method right at the ticket window. After all, the "zipper" has been proven to get me there ahead of you, and that's all that really matters.

ACTUALLY.... for queues like that, grocery stores and such, it's better to have one queue for all registers instead of one queue per register. The throughput is the same, but the variance (i.e. one line being faster than another) is eliminated.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

When you go to the movie theater you can turn around, walk back out the door and carry on. Not the case on the highway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have to be honest. I just posted that car photo from something I found on the internet. I'd post a photo of the car I really drive but it would probably violate INGO rules.

Let's just say it's the inside cover of a certain Stepenwolf album from 1971.

Earned or not I might as well perpetuate the image.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

No! The more people that cut in front of you, the sooner you get up to the ticket booth.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wish Indiana worked their construction zones the way I saw it done in upstate NY. If they were working on a 50 yard stretch of road, they had maybe 300 yards of lane closure. In Indiana, if they're working on a 50 yard section of road, they close down 5 miles of lane. I can't count the number of times when I've driven for miles past perfectly serviceable road where there was no work going on, but it's blocked off because they're working on a tiny little section several miles ahead. :n00b:

Top Bottom