• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Without reading the other posts, and at the risk of repeating something, the best bet is to either stay in your car and call 911, or calmly walk into the store, keeping an eye on the other guy.
    I must say, however, that it is your responsibility to check traffic on both sides before changing lanes, and the incident in the parking lot didn't help.

I was in front of him at the light, we both turned left, and wanted to get into the right lane to turn right after the turn.

He decided I was too slow and tried to hurry things along. I did nothing wrong or improper.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've had similar situations, and the thing that I had to keep reminding myself of is that I have no right to respond or provoke, as long as I don't sense an imminent threat to my property or personal safety. It's easy to get over-confident because we're carrying, but we have to guard against that.

Very well said. I agree.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...Or, you could be like me and just stay in the country...

Not as much road rage when you share the road with tractors...:thumbsup:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    being armed your best bet would of been staying in your car..if he would of came up and tried to forcibly pull you out of you car you then you could take what ever action would be needed.

as for what I would of done..hard to say:dunno: but I would of been dang tempted to pull that moron out of his car and beat the livin dog poo out of him...which would likely end with me taking a ride "downtown"

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Glad to hear that things didn't get too out of hand (jail, shots fired) but I think I would have to laugh in that situation because admit it :dumbass:es just make you want to:lmfao:at them. On another note if you really like Yats the one in Broad Ripple, 54th & College, has the best food because the founder still works there and does all the cooking.:yesway::rockwoot:

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    I am guilty of escilating these situations by yelling back etc. Now i'm able to remain calm and think it through.
    I would calmly tell him i'm sorry if I offended you in some way. It was not intentional. Then I would say. My wife & I were about to get a bite to eat your welcome to join us. Now he'll either drive off or he may actualy park and join us. The Lord works in mysteriouse ways.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I am guilty of escilating these situations by yelling back etc. Now i'm able to remain calm and think it through.
    I would calmly tell him i'm sorry if I offended you in some way. It was not intentional. Then I would say. My wife & I were about to get a bite to eat your welcome to join us. Now he'll either drive off or he may actualy park and join us. The Lord works in mysteriouse ways.

Oh I get it! when he is focused on the food in front of him you excuse yourself from the table and then sneak up from behind and stab him in the neck with a spork! great plan!!!:D;)

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    Oh I get it! when he is focused on the food in front of him you excuse yourself from the table and then sneak up from behind and stab him in the neck with a spork! great plan!!!:D;)

i was thinking the same thing only i would have snuck outside and cut the valve stems on his car. then come back in and pulled the ol' dumb and dumber move and had him get the check. i would have made sure to order a cheeseburger as well!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    As an ex-corrections ofc. I wouldn't have worried too much about this guy. He was too loud and obnoxious to worry about. It's the quiet ones you have to keep both eyes on. If anything I probably would of blown him a kiss or two and went about my business.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Don't say anything. Just walk to the back of the vehicle (not directly behind of course) let him see you reading his license plate even act like you are writing it down. This will probably cause him to leave asap and will probably insure he does not come back once you are inside and damage your vehicle. Kind of takes the wind out of their sails when they know they can be identified. LOL.

Top Bottom