• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    What is this from i have seen it several times on here ?? can some on enlighten me please ? it sounds really funny

as to the op don't respond just ignore him and continue to do what you were there to do in first place. keep your eyes open when you come back out
    Wal-Mart Employee Tried to Forcibly Disarm Me ETA: Pics Pg 9, MSPaint Pg 15 - AR15.COM

I have to admit I have it saved as a word document :D

To the rest of you, I made sure I put the stuff that needed to be in purple .

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    With the medical condition of your wife. I would have stayed in the car. He would have left eventually. Even so, I would have never even gotten out of my car until he was gone. I'm a very non-confrontational person, until I'm pushed into a corner. Idiots are everywhere, and they spread like std's. No use in making a situation worse then it has to be. I know it's hard sometimes!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Thanks for all the great input.

Reading your posts, I made several mistakes. here is how it went down:

I got out of the car, i verbally engaged him while standing in the parking lot. He went to get out of his truck, and I pushed my jacket back revealing my handgun. He yelled at me what I pu$$y I was for carrying a gun, and said he was going to call the cops and have me arrested for brandishing.

He continued to threaten me, calling me names, telling me only pu$$ys carried guns, and he was going to kick my a$$ then call the cops, etc. So, I finally got some sense back into my head, and said "Dont bother calling the cops, I will do it for you" and I grabbed my phone, and walked to the back of this truck to get the plate number.

This is when he rolled up his window and peeled out of the parking lot.

Now, as for your responses...

Getting my wife out of the car and going into Yats, didn't seem like an option at the time. She needs too much help getting out of the car, and I felt I wouldn't have enough freedom to adequately defend both of us, if he rushed me, with me holding her up as she got out of the car.

In hindsight, I should have stayed in the car(as many of you said), ignoring him until he left. If he didn't leave, then call 911. I shouldn't have confronted him, and I do not know WHAT the heck I was thinking exposing my weapon. :facepalm:

Adrenaline certainly doesn't make for clear thought, and not I am even more convinced I need more training.

Thanks again for all the insight, this is one of the reasons I love :ingo:

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood

"Dont bother calling the cops, I will do it for you" and I grabbed my phone, and walked to the back of this truck to get the plate number.

if to late to ignore/ stay in car go strait to this ^^^ it was good.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

I got out of the car, i verbally engaged him while standing in the parking lot. He went to get out of his truck, and I pushed my jacket back revealing my handgun. He yelled at me what I pu$ I was for carrying a gun, and said he was going to call the cops and have me arrested for brandishing.

He continued to threaten me, calling me names, telling me only pu$ carried guns, and he was going to kick my a$$ then call the cops, etc. So, I finally got some sense back into my head, and said "Dont bother calling the cops, I will do it for you" and I grabbed my phone, and walked to the back of this truck to get the plate number.

Getting my wife out of the car and going into Yats, didn't seem like an option at the time. She needs too much help getting out of the car, and I felt I wouldn't have enough freedom to adequately defend both of us, if he rushed me, with me holding her up as she got out of the car.

In hindsight, I should have stayed in the car(as many of you said), ignoring him until he left. If he didn't leave, then call 911. I shouldn't have confronted him, and I do not know WHAT the heck I was thinking exposing my weapon. :facepalm:

Adrenaline certainly doesn't make for clear thought, and not I am even more convinced I need more training.

As long as you learn from your mistakes it was worth it.

Heres the thing about roadrage, that guy could of just lost his job, wife left him and took the kids and his dog died. He now has nothing to live for.

I use to be guilty of the same thing, I might of even tried to pull a guy out of his car once. Then I realized that I dont know who I was messing with or where they just came from.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :+1: for admitting what you actually did even after reading everyone's responses.

I hope this will help you think more clearly if you find yourself in this kind of situation again.

EDIT: rep owed. (I have to spread some around)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I got out of the car, i verbally engaged him while standing in the parking lot. He went to get out of his truck, and I pushed my jacket back revealing my handgun. He yelled at me what I pu$ I was for carrying a gun, and said he was going to call the cops and have me arrested for brandishing.

He continued to threaten me, calling me names, telling me only pu$ carried guns, and he was going to kick my a$$ then call the cops, etc. So, I finally got some sense back into my head, and said "Dont bother calling the cops, I will do it for you" and I grabbed my phone, and walked to the back of this truck to get the plate number.

You still did the right thing. Yes, you probably should have gone back into your vehicle, and called 911. But, you were right not going in the store. He might have done something when your back was turned as you helped your wife out of the vehicle. Or, when you were in the store, he could have done something to your vehicle. You need to congrats yourself, because you were thinking of your wife. Which is what you should have been doing. You might have shown him your weapon, but you didn't draw it. Nothing illegal about that. You and your wife got out unhurt, thanks to you. That's all that matters. Next time you'll know to stay in the vehicle and call 911. But when your in that type of situation, its very hard to think clearly anyway. Your mad, and all you want to do is hurt the idiot that started it all. And you didn't. You did good. And I'm repping you for that too. :rockwoot:

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN

My situation last year was fairly similar with the exception that I did not even brandish my firearm. I took my firearm out of my center console and placed it on my seat, still in it's paddle holster, ready to defend myself if need be. This is after they had thrown a 44oz soft drink on my car and then tailgated me about an inch from my bumper. They saw me take the gun out of the console, then they called the cops and told them that I had pointed a gun at them and was waving it out the window.

Needless to say, the police didn't care to hear the truth. I was the reckless maniac waving a gun around. I spent 4 days in Marion Co. jail before my wife could come up with the $4k to get me out. Lost wages, legal fees cost me about $7K total before the case got dismissed. The prosecutor even admitted that the two punks were the cause of the whole thing.

I'd say you're pretty lucky the other guy didn't call the cops. They don't care. They'll take you down and let the courts figure it all out. I will NEVER, EVER brandish my firearm unless it is about to be used to save my life. I will NEVER open carry. It's not worth the hassle. I just recently garnered the courage to start carrying again.

The good thing about your situation is nothing bad happened and you obviously learned from it.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    didn't read the other posts but all i would do is say "hope you have a good rest of the day sir, god bless" and walk away:D kill em with kindness

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Thanks for the support everyone.

I forgot to mention, the jerk wasn't even from Indiana, he had Colorado plates. Probably some tree hugging, latte sipping, Pelosi lovin, hanky twisting bed wetter. :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My situation last year was fairly similar with the exception that I did not even brandish my firearm. I took my firearm out of my center console and placed it on my seat, still in it's paddle holster, ready to defend myself if need be. This is after they had thrown a 44oz soft drink on my car and then tailgated me about an inch from my bumper. They saw me take the gun out of the console, then they called the cops and told them that I had pointed a gun at them and was waving it out the window.

Needless to say, the police didn't care to hear the truth. I was the reckless maniac waving a gun around. I spent 4 days in Marion Co. jail before my wife could come up with the $4k to get me out. Lost wages, legal fees cost me about $7K total before the case got dismissed. The prosecutor even admitted that the two punks were the cause of the whole thing.

I'd say you're pretty lucky the other guy didn't call the cops. They don't care. They'll take you down and let the courts figure it all out. I will NEVER, EVER brandish my firearm unless it is about to be used to save my life. I will NEVER open carry. It's not worth the hassle. I just recently garnered the courage to start carrying again.

The good thing about your situation is nothing bad happened and you obviously learned from it.

Thanks for sharing your story. That is basically what my wife feared. No matter the truth, most of the time the gun owner will be harassed, if not arrested..

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood

wow that sucks was there any recourse against them ?? sue for your legal fees?? not sure if that is even possible :dunno:

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks for the support everyone.

I forgot to mention, the jerk wasn't even from Indiana, he had Colorado plates. Probably some tree hugging, latte sipping, Pelosi lovin, hanky twisting bed wetter. :D

Probably wet his bed that night ;)

I agree with the majority, you can't reason with someone with road rage, so better to brush it off (though it is hard sometimes). I've had people follow me in to parking lots trying to look for a fight, I think it really disappoints them when they don't get a response.

Following mms question, I too wonder if their is any recourse for the legal fees. Does not seem fair at all, sorry to hear about the troubles Truckerman.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Undisclosed Location
    May I suggest this item for future use:
    s0337538_sc7

It is fairly easy to carry around and use. It would allow you to capture those special moments that life brings.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    Without reading the other posts, and at the risk of repeating something, the best bet is to either stay in your car and call 911, or calmly walk into the store, keeping an eye on the other guy.
    I must say, however, that it is your responsibility to check traffic on both sides before changing lanes, and the incident in the parking lot didn't help.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    I've had similar situations, and the thing that I had to keep reminding myself of is that I have no right to respond or provoke, as long as I don't sense an imminent threat to my property or personal safety. It's easy to get over-confident because we're carrying, but we have to guard against that.

Top Bottom