• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    10d5i83.png

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:
    You have NO idea how much I hate when people do this drive next to each other for miles on end. I run into it quite regularly on US231 between Lafayette and Crawfordsville where it's 2 lanes each way and it always gets me so frustrated. Just why don't you pull over.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    Running a red light is unsafe, but there is nothing wrong with proceeding through a yellow light..." quote "

Ya, your but better be behind that line when that yellow is thru
    WHAP! The end of traffic light running.

Could you imagine when someone is caught in the middle of that bad boy...
    flying-car1.jpg

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    That is about 2 miles from my house, I travel it twice a day coming and going to and from work. A lot of traffic getting on 469 northbound in the mornings at US 30.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Ya, your but better be behind that line when that yellow is thru
    WHAP! The end of traffic light running.

Could you imagine when someone is caught in the middle of that bad boy...

But then that's running a red if you're in the middle of the intersection when the other light goes to green. :D

People running red lights aggrivate me too. Especially, because it causes the people with the green to have to sit and wait for the people running to go on through as well as all the other negative side effects of two solid object trying to occupy the same space and all the other physics lessons involved.

The sad thing is, some of the numbers you gave for people running yellows, I've counted from people running reds on the Lloyd. On one occasion, out of the seven I counted, the fourth car was a police cruiser. :dunno:

I'll stop here. My driving pet peeves would take up quite a bit of space. :rolleyes:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    But then that's running a red if you're in the middle of the intersection when the other light goes to green. :D

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that Jerry.

I read the Indiana code regarding traffic signals & it appears to be silent on the matter.

Indiana Code 9-21-3
    Indiana Code 9-21-4

The only source of information which my Google-fu churned up was this website; Defensive Driving Rule #9: Don't Run Red Lights!

It states:
    What constitutes running a red light? It means your vehicle entered the intersection after the signal turned red. In order to know whether you've entered an intersection, you must know where the intersection begins.

It then goes on to talk about Arizona.

If anyone knows which Indiana laws pertain to this & has links, I would appreciate it.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that Jerry.

I read the Indiana code regarding traffic signals & it appears to be silent on the matter.

Indiana Code 9-21-3
    Indiana Code 9-21-4

The only source of information which my Google-fu churned up was this website; Defensive Driving Rule #9: Don't Run Red Lights!

It states:

It then goes on to talk about Arizona.

If anyone knows which Indiana laws pertain to this & has links, I would appreciate it.
    I'm not terribly worried... I was just stirring up a little trouble during my lunch break. I know what indyk's aggrivation is all about.

I've heard all kinds of definitions of what constitutes running a red light... Each one contradicted the other. Either way, I agree it is not beneficial for anyone if a car is still out in the middle when the go signal is given.

Sorry for the :hijack:... Back to the shooting on 469.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I would also like to know. I've been ticketed before for running a red, but it was still yellow for as long as I could see the light, so it had to have turned red with no more than my rear tires still in the intersection.

Unfortunately the law isn't clear and there is no way to prove where I was when it turned red so I didn't fight it.

Top Bottom