Road rage and self-absorbed douchery on the roadway on the rise?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was passed on Girl's School Road between Rockville Road and Tenth Street.
    I was doing 38 in a 40 mph zone rather than the 55-60 the other driver wanted to run.
    I hope he or she doesn't kill anybody.
    Bah. Rookie stuff. Try driving the US37/I69 construction zone daily. Clearly marked 45, so far the highest speed I've seen displayed on the indicator boards is 82. Traffic typically runs around 60 thru there except me. I'm the ******* running about 50 in the right lane backing up traffic as far as I can see behind me.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Most of them are blowing in the wind as rust particles at this point, and the remaining ones sell for *stupid* amounts of money. I paid $300 for mine.
    I had mine for years in Colorado. My favorite vehicle. Never went on a hunting trip with anything else. My wife couldn't drive a stick (clutch/stick dyslexia) but she didn't need the clutch on that Scout. Just take your foot off the gas and shift.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had mine for years in Colorado. My favorite vehicle. Never went on a hunting trip with anything else. My wife couldn't drive a stick (clutch/stick dyslexia) but she didn't need the clutch on that Scout. Just take your foot off the gas and shift.

I'd almost certainly still have mine, but I rolled it at about 60mph when a trailer I was pulling broke.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is it "worse"?
    Or is it just the same percentage of idiots, but the population has grown.
    So, the density of idiots has grown.

I think it's worse. Domestic violence is way up, way more than population changes could account for. Murders are up. Assaults on airliners is apparently way up, we're becoming a more violent society over the past few years.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, when people get away with stuff, other people observe it.
    Then they do "stuff".
    Then other people see that
    The cycle continues.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just today...

1.) Stuck behind someone doing 40 in a 55, ignoring numerous signs. (Which is a violation, 15 under requires your 4 ways to be on)
    2.) Cut off 3 times in a row by people refusing to stop for stop signs or even acknowledge I'm already in the intersection.
    3.) Pulling out onto a 45mph highway, with about half a mile of clearance to the nearest car, who proceeds to travel at what I estimate was 85-90mph to tailgate me and aggressively swerve around behind me as if I cut them off, rather than just passing.

I think the world has just lost its mind, it keeps getting progressively worse.

I've been a professional driver most of my lifetime. It's getting worse, a lot worse.
    I'm also noticing a ridiculous amount of headlights out, or simply not using headlights even late at night. Almost every other car has an expired registration tag.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Bah. Rookie stuff. Try driving the US37/I69 construction zone daily. Clearly marked 45, so far the highest speed I've seen displayed on the indicator boards is 82. Traffic typically runs around 60 thru there except me. I'm the ******* running about 50 in the right lane backing up traffic as far as I can see behind me.

No kidding, the situation is so ridiculous that even attempting 45 feels like you're going to cause a 10 car pileup. I try to ride the line between obeying the law and not getting everyone around me killed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There must be locals that lurk this thread because the more stories posted here, the more I see it played out on the road. :ugh:

I was riding south on 37 yesterday. Came across a Mustang with his car club advertised all over his back window. Nice Mustang with pipes and wheels, noticeable. At first he was behind someone, so I blamed that, but then the SUV moved out from in front of him. He was running the speed limit and never moved from the left lane. He was forcing everyone to pass him on the wrong side. :rolleyes:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I was riding south on 37 yesterday. Came across a Mustang with his car club advertised all over his back window. Nice Mustang with pipes and wheels, noticeable. At first he was behind someone, so I blamed that, but then the SUV moved out from in front of him. He was running the speed limit and never moved from the left lane. He was forcing everyone to pass him on the wrong side. :rolleyes:

That merge leaving Bedford headed toward Mitchell is where you're really supposed to be in the left lane. It's a no-passing zone. Should do your passing before you get there. But I've seen it where people will pass or even worse get alongside and play chicken. Even after all that straight stretch which is easy to pass on. :bash:

The hill on the way toward Salem from Scottsburg on 56 is another one where I see left lane hogs, even below the speed limit.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dang.
    This reminds me I forgot to take my card out of my dashcam and copy a file.
    :xmad:

Someone tried to drive over the concrete barrier, one of those low ones.
    Hung up his car, and then of course, the left hand turn lane was blocked.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Dang.
    This reminds me I forgot to take my card out of my dashcam and copy a file.
    :xmad:

Someone tried to drive over the concrete barrier, one of those low ones.
    Hung up his car, and then of course, the left hand turn lane was blocked.

This was 10 years ago in Louisville near the U of L.... I saw some dopey kids run a red light and drive their car halfway onto a landscape trailer that was being towed through the intersection behind a work truck. They were teetering on the trailer railing and trying everything to break free but it wasn't gonna happen.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This was 10 years ago in Louisville near the U of L.... I saw some dopey kids run a red light and drive their car halfway onto a landscape trailer that was being towed through the intersection behind a work truck. They were teetering on the trailer railing and trying everything to break free but it wasn't gonna happen.

Reminds me back when I was on 465 every day driving a school bus.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a u-haul pulling a trailer... His trailer was squirrely as all hell. It walked over onto a concrete barrier, flipped upside down, and somehow didn't detach from the truck. He never slowed down or seemed to even notice, even though it looked like the 4th of july.

Top Bottom