• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do we have one of these yet? I know we’ve got at least 2 VP threads and a Trump thread. This one is intended to be for the general events of the convention.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The president of the Teamsters addressing the RNC, amazing.

For those who don't want to skip to find it:

First time in 121 years, and he says he was invited by Trump.

Maybe the GOP will finally start to care about the American worker over the chinese corporation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1721128873279.png

I never thought I'd ever see a union ho president speak at the RNC. And I'm under no delusions that the Union bosses will suddenly switch to Republicans. But this is a pretty ****ing big deal for Trump and Republicans. Having a major union boss speak at the RNC, even with him disqualifying his presence as a sign of allegiance with Republicans, it's tacit permission for rank and file union members to vote for Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing. The way he RNC is going thus far, and with Trump surviving the assassination attempt, and with all the **** that's started in the world, I think this will force Democrats to shift towards the center for the rest of the campaign.

Can they do it?

Can pigs fly? :laugh:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    One other thing. The way he RNC is going thus far, and with Trump surviving the assassination attempt, and with all the **** that's started in the world, I think this will force Democrats to shift towards the center for the rest of the campaign.

Can they do it?

Can pigs fly? :laugh:
    I don't think they have anyone there. There is no traditional moderate part of the party at the national level as we have known. There are people at the State and local levels, but they'd probably just leave the top box of the ballot unmarked.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I was thinking about starting a separate union 2024 thread, but good points have been made here by @jamil and @rhamersley.

Since this wasn't an endorsement by O'Brien, but a primetime slot to leverage the Democrats, does he need to watch his back?

I have no doubt many in the rank and file support him.

I wonder if Trump reached out to Shawn Fain and the UAW?

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    View attachment 366315

I never thought I'd ever see a union ho president speak at the RNC. And I'm under no delusions that the Union bosses will suddenly switch to Republicans. But this is a pretty ****ing big deal for Trump and Republicans. Having a major union boss speak at the RNC, even with him disqualifying his presence as a sign of allegiance with Republicans, it's tacit permission for rank and file union members to vote for Trump.
    As a local teamster 135 member, I do not follow the union heads. I know a lot of local laborers and operators that don’t follow the union heads for voting. It was good to see him up there and open to both sides not just the left.

Top Bottom