• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As a local teamster 135 member, I do not follow the union heads. I know a lot of local laborers and operators that don’t follow the union heads for voting. It was good to see him up there and open to both sides not just the left.
    I was in a union for many years. Both the labor union and the teamsters union before I retired. Never voted Democrat on any local, state or federal level.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The big unions mimic the dem agenda, while running their leadership mouths about it.

They'd be smarter to be neutral, as representatives of their membership...

...but they just can't.

Sadly, the membership elects the leadership. What does that tell us?

:xmad:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hard for union leadership to sell the party of illegals, college professors, lgbtq and government to membership these days even with all the history. Like trying to sell beer with a trans on the can, it just isn't the same.

The number one thing the dems were going to run on, "Trump is Hitler", has now lost most of it's luster and is even acquiring negatives rapidly. I don't think they have the time to rebrand a strategy before the election.

For the present, until coc republicans can find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, the donkey is done.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    @red_zr24x4 @Aggar @KG1

I appreciate your feedback. I was hoping some in unions would chime in. My union experience is pretty limited. My Grandpa and Uncles were all in the unions in steel mills and foundries in Western Pennsylvania. They are all conservative.

My first customer base in Kokomo were all UAW and they were 50-50. While we didn't always share the same views, I can say they were honest, honorable men (that I felt were brainwashed by Union leadership).

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    One other thing. The way he RNC is going thus far, and with Trump surviving the assassination attempt, and with all the **** that's started in the world, I think this will force Democrats to shift towards the center for the rest of the campaign.

Can they do it?

Can pigs fly? :laugh:
    Then I would say there would be a civil war within the dem party. The radical left has worked too long to let their influence slip away by letting the party shift to the center. George Soros has invested too much to lose his control too. The radical left feels it is now their party and no one is going to take that away from them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If I understand things a little, don't the larger unions give massive amounts of money and resources to the Democratic Party?

l4FGAhdLqp6jea2Ag.webp

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Then I would say there would be a civil war within the dem party. The radical left has worked too long to let their influence slip away by letting the party shift to the center. George Soros has invested too much to lose his control too. The radical left feels it is now their party and no one is going to take that away from them.
    There certainly is a Civil War, but it's completely separate from what you posted.

There's also the Jill Biden/Hunter Biden v Democratic Donors/Fixers/Enforcers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    @red_zr24x4 @Aggar @KG1

I appreciate your feedback. I was hoping some in unions would chime in. My union experience is pretty limited. My Grandpa and Uncles were all in the unions in steel mills and foundries in Western Pennsylvania. They are all conservative.

My first customer base in Kokomo were all UAW and they were 50-50. While we didn't always share the same views, I can say they were honest, honorable men (that I felt were brainwashed by Union leadership).

I have a couple of family members that are long time UAW from this area.

They are hard to listen to when any discussion of their jobs comes up. The arrogance and distain for the company they work for is rough. No gratitude whatsoever for where the inflated paycheck comes from. They are quick to brag though, about doing no work other than clock punching for double and triple overtime.

Being in business management, the idea of employees being "proud" of how little they have to work for a wage threatened out of their employment is unnerving. No pride at all for the company or the quality product produced.

Who do we think pays for all of that???

:n00b:

BR8818

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I have a couple of family members that are long time UAW from this area.

They are hard to listen to when any discussion of their jobs comes up. The arrogance and distain for the company they work for is rough. No gratitude whatsoever for where the inflated paycheck comes from. They are quick to brag though, about doing no work other than clock punching for double and triple overtime.

Being in business management, the idea of employees being "proud" of how little they have to work for a wage threatened out of their employment is unnerving. No pride at all for the company or the quality product produced.

Who do we think pays for all of that???

:n00b:
    Are we related? Sounds like every UAW member in my family sadly.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    As a local teamster 135 member, I do not follow the union heads. I know a lot of local laborers and operators that don’t follow the union heads for voting. It was good to see him up there and open to both sides not just the left.
    Dad was a driver for 135 for almost 40 years. He was the most open minded redneck trucker I ever met and rarely did he agree with the Union endorsements....although he was sure Jimmy Hoffa walked on water. We never missed a Local 135 picnic, or a democrat cook out...but I'm pretty sure he voted for Nixon and voted for Reagan. God rest his soul.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Dad was a driver for 135 for almost 40 years. He was the most open minded redneck trucker I ever met and rarely did he agree with the Union endorsements....although he was sure Jimmy Hoffa walked on water. We never missed a Local 135 picnic, or a democrat cook out...but I'm pretty sure he voted for Nixon and voted for Reagan. God rest his soul.
    I’ve been to one union meeting since I joined in 2019. I’m also in the local 120 laborers as well. I’m a combo driver for an asphalt paving company around Indy. I drive the tack truck and labor(shovel, flag or whatever is asked). I know that there are people I work with that don’t care about the quality of their work they do. Operators are especially bad about it. I for one take pride in doing a good job and not spraying tack where it’s not supposed to be (new concrete curb). IMG_2310.jpeg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I’ve been to one union meeting since I joined in 2019. I’m also in the local 120 laborers as well. I’m a combo driver for an asphalt paving company around Indy. I drive the tack truck and labor(shovel, flag or whatever is asked). I know that there are people I work with that don’t care about the quality of their work they do. Operators are especially bad about it. I for one take pride in doing a good job and not spraying tack where it’s not supposed to be (new concrete curb). View attachment 366497
    Been in the union (laborers first now the fitters) since 1997 and have never been to my hall or a meeting

Top Bottom