• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    he might of been murdered but really from what i know about it him..... getting drunk/stoned and drowning in the pool isnt far fetched either

jake

but his toxicology came back clean.
    It doesn't matter if there was currently anything in his system or not... All those years of doing the drugs he did are just plain hard on the ticker.
    Heart attack is probably what will be the official cause... Just my :twocents:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    It doesn't matter if there was currently anything in his system or not... All those years of doing the drugs he did are just plain hard on the ticker.
    Heart attack is probably what will be the official cause... Just my :twocents:

Very reasonable

Jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    in my opinion we need to remember that the riots and Rodneys beat down and law breaking were two different things.

rondney was a douche bag high drunk or whatever ran from the cops blah blah

the cops were douche bags he was down, he was not going anywhere and they didnt need to keep beating him

the riots on the other really didnt seem to have anything to do with either rodney or the cops. it was just an excuse, i believe the bomb was already built and rodney and the cops provided the fuse.

rodney and cops= just another day in LA

riots= douche baggery at its best

jake

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    riots= douche baggery at its best

I remember reading that folks were setting their own houses on fire and then taking pot shots at the responders who scrambled to put it out.
    No clue if that's a fact or urban legend, but it sure had a lot of traction at the time.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I remember reading that folks were setting their own houses on fire and then taking pot shots at the responders who scrambled to put it out.
    No clue if that's a fact or urban legend, but it sure had a lot of traction at the time.

yea it seemed at the time they burned down their own neighborhoods and business. S-mart

jake

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    "America's been good to me after I paid the price

Paid the price of.....?
    Beating his woman? Robbing a convenience store? Leading CHP on a 115mph chase? Felony evading, no license, expired registration? Beating his second woman? Parole violation? Indecent exposure and more DUIs than he could shake a stick at? (Pardon the pun)...
    The Arrest Record of Rodney King

Anybody who was happy he got paid after all that, was too ignorant to realize the cash was coming out of their own pocket. It's not like the city had a private stash like Obama does. /purple

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I think that I remember that good ole Rodney would not stop resisting arrest after a high speed chase where he endangered the life and limb of a lot of innocent people. If I was one of those cops, I would probably have beating the crap out of him too as long as he continued to resist. Seems funny that no one ever mentions the couple of other guys in the car with poor ole Rodney that did not resist arrest, did what they were odered to do and did not get roughed up like poor ole Rodney. Poor ole Rodney was a low life criminal scumbag before and after the beating. I am not going to shed a tear for him or anyone like him, black or white. I do not care if he might have had a rough childhood in a bad neighborhood.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Paid the price of.....?
    Beating his woman? Robbing a convenience store? Leading CHP on a 115mph chase? Felony evading, no license, expired registration? Beating his second woman? Parole violation? Indecent exposure and more DUIs than he could shake a stick at? (Pardon the pun)...
    The Arrest Record of Rodney King

Anybody who was happy he got paid after all that, was too ignorant to realize the cash was coming out of their own pocket. It's not like the city had a private stash like Obama does. /purple

Dang yo, that almost sounds like he could have had a record deal and a relationship with Whitney Houston...could have been Whitney Houston. It is kind of funny people tried to protect her image even though she wasn't anything more than a talented junkie. Maybe if Rodney King could have danced or sang, people would be upset over his death...or at least faked being upset for a few minutes of attention by making it about themselves in some manner.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think that I remember that good ole Rodney would not stop resisting arrest after a high speed chase where he endangered the life and limb of a lot of innocent people. If I was one of those cops, I would probably have beating the crap out of him too as long as he continued to resist. Seems funny that no one ever mentions the couple of other guys in the car with poor ole Rodney that did not resist arrest, did what they were odered to do and did not get roughed up like poor ole Rodney. Poor ole Rodney was a low life criminal scumbag before and after the beating. I am not going to shed a tear for him or anyone like him, black or white. I do not care if he might have had a rough childhood in a bad neighborhood.

If it was ONE officer, you can toe to toe all you want.... FOUR, quite another story.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Good golly, folks. What is it about King that would makes so many of you keep comparing him to a douche bag? That particular device has been around for a long time and has helped many of our sisters remain healthy and happy. So let's show a little respect and raise our glasses in a toast: "To the douche bag and its inventor. May it once again come to a place of prominence in our society. May it be offered in designer colors; scented and unscented; small, medium, large, queen and Opray sizes. May it be included in foreign aid packages so that underdeveloped nations' women also be able to use it and all those in those societies have a new term to describe people they don't like." Here, here.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Deadbeat? That typically implies that one doesn't pay for their children. I honestly am unaware of him being such. I did a quick google search, and found that he has 3 children from 2 women.... who just by chance were also his wives. Perhaps your Google-fu is better than mine, but I could not find where it is implicated that King didn't care for his children.

No, a deadbeat is someone who doesn't pay or do what he is supposed to. That's why the term you're misusing is "deadbeat DAD." A guy who sits around the office and lets others do his work is also a deadbeat.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, I remember that part, but what did he do that ticked so many people off? Did he rob a store or something after that whole episode had ended? :dunno: I mean, he must have done something, right?

Good question...He seemed like a class act to me.

I'm not sure why people are hating on him so much, we all make mistakes, right?

July 27, 1987: According to a complaint filed by his wife, King beat her while she was sleeping, then dragged her outside the house and beat her again. King was charged with battery and pleaded "no contest." He was placed on probation and ordered to obtain counseling. He never got the counseling.
    November 3, 1989: King, brandishing a tire iron, ordered a convenience store clerk to empty the cash register. The clerk grabbed the tire iron, causing King to fall backwards and knock over a pie rack. King swung the rack at the clerk and fled the store with $200. King was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, second-degree robbery, and intent to commit great bodily injury. In a plea agreement, King pleaded guilty to the robbery charge and the other charges were dropped. He was sentenced to two years in prison, but was paroled on December 27, 1990.

March 3, 1991: After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph. When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and appeared to charge one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading. Charges were later dropped.

May 11, 1991: King was pulled over for having an excessively tinted windshield. Although King was driving without a license and his car registration had expired, King was not charged.
    May 28, 1991: King picked up a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood who happened to be under surveillance by LAPD officers. King and the prostitute were observed in an alley engaging in sexual activity. When the prostitute spotted the officers, King sped away, nearly hitting one of them. King later explained that he thought the vice officers were robbers trying to kill him. No charges were filed.

June 26, 1992: King's second wife reported to police that King had hit her and she feared for her life. King was handcuffed and taken to a police station, but his wife then decided against pressing charges.

July 16, 1992: King was arrested at 1:40 A.M. for driving while intoxicated. No charges were filed.

August 21, 1993: King crashed into a wall near a downtown Los Angeles nightclub. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.19. King was charged with violating his parole and sent for sixty day to an alcohol treatment center. He was also convicted on the DUI charge and ordered to perform twenty days of community service.

May 21, 1995: King was arrested for DUI while on a trip to Pennsylvania. King failed field sobriety tests, but refused to submit to a blood test. He was tried and acquitted.

July 14, 1995: King got into an argument with his wife while he was driving, pulled off the freeway and ordered her out of the car. When she started to get out, King sped off, leaving her on the highway with a bruised arm. King was charged with assault with a deadly weapon (his car), reckless driving, spousal abuse, and hit-and-run. King was tried on all four charges, but found guilty only of hit-and-run driving.

March 3, 1999: King allegedly injured the sixteen-year-old girl that he had fathered out of wedlock when he was seventeen, as well as the girl's mother. King was arrested for injuring the woman, the girl, and for vandalizing property. King claimed that the incident was simply "a family misunderstanding."

September 29, 2001: King was arrested for indecent exposure and use of the hallucinogenic drug PCP.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    In the words of Rick James, cocaine is a helluva drug. PCP even more so than cocaine. And seriously, who hasn't picked up a transvestite prostitute in LA?

If charges were dropped against him, we've got to use the Zimmerman approach...he must have been a good guy. No charges filed or charges dropped...he is a good guy. Many people have alcohol issues so the DUIs, that isn't a huge deal and beating his daughter and her mother? As it says, it was simply a "family misunderstanding". Sometimes things happen. But seriously, his record was probably shorter than many celebs that were much bigger pieces of trash that get worshiped when they die simply because they were a junkie/alcoholic that had some talent. It is pretty stupid.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    As sort of a fellow alcoholic, people without addictions or just think they don't have one are ambivalent to the struggle and the REAL power addictions have over us. People say it's stupidity or what not that someone steals or mugs someone to get a fix, but it is a real problem.

I am for deregulation of alot, but honestly, a wave of people would die almost overnight. Good? Maybe, gets rid of the folks that have addiction issues and potentially clears up the genetic pool, me included.

King gave into his addictions, twice. When he was beaten (driving like mad, selling and doing drugs, etc...) and with his struggle after and culminating in his death. America will forever be divided on him: People think HE caused the riots, when in fact, the unjust system ruled by the LAPD and the social inequities caused by California's horrible government (no jobs, poor social spending due to no tax income, etc...).

I want to say he didn't die in vain, but honestly, nothing has changed. Cali is still in the red, the LAPD are still hoodlums with badges and all in all, racism on both sides (white and black) still affect our collective judgement. :(

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Deadbeat? That typically implies that one doesn't pay for their children. I honestly am unaware of him being such. I did a quick google search, and found that he has 3 children from 2 women.... who just by chance were also his wives. Perhaps your Google-fu is better than mine, but I could not find where it is implicated that King didn't care for his children.

Words can mean many different things depending on how it is used in the context. Maybe a poor choice of words on my part but the words I would really like to use will get me the banhammer. A few other words used here on INGO that have different meaning depending on how it is used in context are Zombie, & Bacon.... (let the jokes fly)..

As far as his life style, he was given numerous chances to change and get help. What makes me most upset about him & the media is that they have tried to make some kind of hero out of this guy just for saying "why can't we all just get along" even though he refused to do the same.

I could not care less what the "drug head" (new word) does in the privacy of his home. He can pop as many pills as he wishes, and drink till he can't walk any more. I don't care, but when he decides to get behind the wheel of motor vehicle and risk the lives of innocent people, this world does not need him around anymore. The only good thing from this is that he will no longer be around to hurt anyone due to his lifestyle.

Also I do not use Google or Google-FU.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Words can mean many different things depending on how it is used in the context. Maybe a poor choice of words on my part but the words I would really like to use will get me the banhammer. A few other words used here on INGO that have different meaning depending on how it is used in context are Zombie, & Bacon.... (let the jokes fly)..

As far as his life style, he was given numerous chances to change and get help. What makes me most upset about him & the media is that they have tried to make some kind of hero out of this guy just for saying "why can't we all just get along" even though he refused to do the same.

I could not care less what the "drug head" (new word) does in the privacy of his home. He can pop as many pills as he wishes, and drink till he can't walk any more. I don't care, but when he decides to get behind the wheel of motor vehicle and risk the lives of innocent people, this world does not need him around anymore. I now have one less brother due to people like King.. The only good thing from this is that he will no longer be around to hurt anyone due to his lifestyle.

Also I do not use Google or Google-FU.

Guess we don't need this guy around anymore.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/219942-impd_lieutenant_already_suspended_arrested_for_dui_and_hitting_road_worker.html

Top Bottom